Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2006-03-20, 09:21
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Around Twinsun in 10 minutes

Umm ... I didn't feel like 3d modelling today , so I made a simple LBA 2D game . I won't say much , just enjoy it . I hope it's funny enough
http://rapidshare.de/files/15964882/LBA.exe.html
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2006-03-20 at 13:27.
Old 2006-03-20, 14:41
Trippin Alien

Very cool and well made.

What did you program it in? Does it use DirectX, OpenGL (with/without SDL)?

I think it would give more of a 'real' dinofly feel if you:
* Add a wing flap animation
* Make Dinofly accelerate/decelerate left/right up/down when moving (have a acceleration speed to move him which increments over like 2 seconds), it'd give a sense of flying/wind resistance.
*make the dinofly sprite maybe zoom in/out whilst flapping above (not too much to become pixelated), just enough to give a feel of flucuating height over the sea.

I know this was whipped up quick, but a few of those suggestions should be pretty easy to commit.

Cool work. I like the ship generation idea, it gradually gets harder. Is it scripted or is it randomly generated, and becomes denser the longer the game?
Old 2006-03-20, 15:05
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Bah, Rapidshare never works for me
Always says "Download-session invalid"
Old 2006-03-20, 15:16
Do the evolution.

Why do I have to wait 67 minutes for it ??
Old 2006-03-20, 15:21
Neko

Maybe because I already downloaded it, and it might just allow a few downloads in one day.

Anyway, it's ok. No it's kinda neat to see those sprites in a game.
Old 2006-03-20, 16:09
Master of Science & Magic

rapidshare is a piece of crap. You are only allowed to download X MB per hour. So if you download a file of 2X you'll have to wait 1 hour before you can download something from rapidshare. The X becomes smaller when you download more often. So in the end you are either going to pay to download the file or just don't download anything from rapidshare anymore.
Old 2006-03-20, 16:32
Magic Level: Red Ball

nice work , but

I cant play it because its made with Gamemaker 6.1, and my directX is too old for that one, and I'm not going to install a newer one just for one game, that doesn't even need it, because its 2d!

Quetch, you should use gamemaker 5.3a for games that don't need anything specific from 6.1 (eg. 3d), so they would be open for a wider
audience!
Sewerage

try out my fan game demo Twinrunner 0.5
credits to ChaosFish for uploading the game!
Old 2006-03-20, 17:59
Let's make LBA 3 happen!

looks funny ,I download it right now!

[I hope it will work]
Old 2006-03-20, 18:21
Let's make LBA 3 happen!

wow!!! cool game dude!!!

wich midi file have u used for the music ?

I want that midi file!!

[please]
Old 2006-03-20, 20:04
Twinsunian Quetch

Thanks guyz for all the comments . I didn't expect this cool replys for a game made so quick and in such a rush , with so little attention that I gave him . Anyway , schitzn , I will make all those things you said ... they are a piece of cake and you're right ... it will make the game look more realistic . Jan B , I used the midi from Link's 1.5 LBA Demo ( I think it's his ... I searched for it now and I can't find it ... maybe it's not his ... dunno ... anyway ) . If you press F1 , you'll see the credits and the game's help Here's the file
Attached Files
File Type: zip LBA-Main.zip‎ (1.9 KB, 220 views)
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-03-20, 20:41
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch
Thanks guyz for all the comments. Jan B , I used the midi from Link's 1.5 LBA Demo
Did you again copy something without permission? Or did you just ask to use it, and am I behaving like a wanker.
Anyway.
The game is very nice. GameMaker.. Ahh.. The old days. I can remember sitting behind that program for hours and hours.
Though I must say this looks like a modified version of the tutorial-game that comes standard with GameMaker
Old 2006-03-20, 20:45
Twinsunian Quetch

well , bot13 , it look kind of the same cause all games like this one are about the same . I used it's script for shooting and health cause I didn't bother doing another one of my own , since it would have been the same and I really don't want to spend more than 1 hour making this kind of games . And I have the midi for a long time now ... I remember it was Link's , but I see it's not .. I can't find it anywhere inside the LBA 1.5 folder ... maybe it is , matbe not ... dunno .. don't care about the origin right now
Old 2006-03-20, 21:48
Master of Science & Magic

That MIDI file comes from LBA1. Philipe Vachey made it.

People please. Respect others copyright and more important give credit where credit is due. If you don't know who made something don't use it. If you don't have any permission fron the person who made it don't use it.

If you are going to use content from the LBA games make sure you add a notice that you "borrowed" stuff from the games. But even better, use original content as much as possible.
Old 2006-03-21, 02:16
Trippin Alien

Another words, make sure you endorse that the music is the lba theme available from the internet and that your demo is for educational purposes only.
Old 2006-03-21, 08:08
Twinsunian Quetch

Oh ! That's where it came from then ... no wonder it sounded so good ... I'll include it in the credits right niw
Old 2006-03-21, 15:02
!!!!!

Quetch - This game is seriously cool!!

People, stop bashing and just play this game

I mirrored it here: AroundTwinsunIn10Minutes.exe

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2006-03-21 at 15:09.
Old 2006-03-21, 19:09
Twinsunian Quetch

WOW !!! Thanks CF ... I didn't expect anyone to say this after what has been going on in my other thread ... I'm glad you guys like it
Old 2006-03-21, 19:36

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Yeh, it's really neat.
Old 2006-03-21, 19:46
!!!!!

I wonder, where the game keeps the highscore? Is it on the registry? (if so then where?)

Oh and, if you play for 10 minutes is something special supposed to happen?
Old 2006-03-21, 19:53
Twinsunian Quetch

Nope , the highscore is encrypted in the game itself . And after 10 minutes nothing happens , it's just that I don't think anyone will last that long :P
Old 2006-03-21, 19:59
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Nice, this reminds me when I was playing Raptor 2
Old 2006-03-21, 21:06
Let's make LBA 3 happen!

oh by the way thanks for the midi file quetch !
[it has take a long time to say this because my computer was crashed]

ps :make the game more realistic because the game is very nice and if you make it more realistic it will become NICER!!![duh]

this game is my favourite game in the fan games!!!!
Old 2006-03-21, 21:16
Twinsunian Quetch

wow ... thanks !!! I really apreciate it ! THANK YOU guys !!!
Old 2006-03-21, 21:45
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
It starts nice, but then gets a little boring. Also Dino-Fly moves very slow, too slow.
And the background music is far from fitting the scene.
Old 2006-03-24, 16:44
Trippin Alien

Version 1.1 plz Quetch.

Quetch our thirst!