Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-07-22, 10:10
Polly parrot

A woodpecker now <3
Why am I stuck with grey, silly-looking pigeons ?!
Old 2013-07-23, 20:00
Magic Ball Master

Ok I'm having a horrible day today. My co-workers are being douches with me just because of a little mistake I have done. They know the things I hate, but then sometimes they decide to have fun and bully me until I'm so angry and sad that I just stay shut for the rest of the day. Its horrible when they do so, because I keep feeling guilty the whole day and I start having depression again. And today was supposed to be a realy good day, because I'm inviting the girl I like to go out with me to watch an orchestra show (we both realy enjoy it), which I got coupons for from my boss ( knows I like it and our client offered some for whoever wanted it).

By the way SpaceGuitarist, I don't know if you know about it, but its the "Orquestra Filarmônica de Minas Gerais", which is famous worldwide. I have seen some of their shows before and its realy cool
Old 2013-07-23, 21:36
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Sounds great... I'm not an opera man myself, but finding a girl that actually enjoys it must be hard. Kudos!
Tomorrow I'm going to watch an exhibition dedicated to Salvador Dalí. I love his works, and I'm damn excited to watch them with my own eyes. I'll let you know more about it tomorrow.
Old 2013-07-23, 21:58
Magic Ball Master

Oh I love his paintings aswell! Where are you going to see it? And are you able to take photos while in the exhibition?
Old 2013-07-23, 22:18
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Ok I'm having a horrible day today. My co-workers are being douches with me just because of a little mistake I have done. They know the things I hate, but then sometimes they decide to have fun and bully me until I'm so angry and sad that I just stay shut for the rest of the day. Its horrible when they do so, because I keep feeling guilty the whole day and I start having depression again. And today was supposed to be a realy good day, because I'm inviting the girl I like to go out with me to watch an orchestra show (we both realy enjoy it), which I got coupons for from my boss ( knows I like it and our client offered some for whoever wanted it).

By the way SpaceGuitarist, I don't know if you know about it, but its the "Orquestra Filarmônica de Minas Gerais", which is famous worldwide. I have seen some of their shows before and its realy cool
Awesome, MarcoS !

Who's this girl? tell us more about it. Hehe. I don't know this orchestra in particular, but I'm sure it must be awesome. Do you have any idea what pieces of music they are going to play? could you film it for us? (but only if it won't ruin your night out ofcourse )
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-07-24, 00:01
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streg View Post
Tomorrow I'm going to watch an exhibition dedicated to Salvador Dalí. I love his works, and I'm damn excited to watch them with my own eyes. I'll let you know more about it tomorrow.
Cool!! I did that in Paris a few months ago, that was awesome! I love what he does, and the exhibition was huge. The crowd was equally huge though: we had to wait 2 hours in line.
Old 2013-07-24, 00:40
Magic Ball Master

I can try to film it, but I'm not sure if I will be able to as I'm pretty sure it is prohibited to do so, and the security in there is pretty high (I once saw the governor in there, watching the same show I was )
About the piece of music, they don't release what they are exactly going to do before the show (only when someone joins the orchestra), but its going to be part of their tour called "allegro", which I heard that is realy good.

And the girl, she is a realy good friend (and realy good looking) that I met about 5 years ago. I always enjoyed staying with her (realy enjoyed), but I never had feelings for her. About two years ago, when graduated on high school and we couldn't meet so much because I started working, I started missing her a lot, and I would always be happy around her.

Then, I have realised in the end of last year that I like her, and I have almost told her about my feelings once when we went out together, but I was too shy when I had the chance and I didn't do so (It was the perfect chance, but I ruined it...).

Her only problem is that she had some issues with her father when she was younger (he is a douche), and therefore she started drinking a little too much. That almost made me give up on her, as I heard she did some pretty bad things when she was drunk, but I still have feelings for her.
Old 2013-07-24, 00:42
strange dreamer

So, will you tell her about your feelings this time?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-07-24, 00:49
Magic Ball Master

I hope so, but I'm not sure if she will be able to make it to the show, because I called her a little to late, and we could only share a few words about it because we logged on facebook during diferent times, and her cellphone had no battery. She told me yesterday that she had to go to her aunt's house today during the afternoon to help her with several stuff, and that she wasn't sure when she would go back to her house =/

I realy hope she can make it to the show, though
Old 2013-07-24, 01:21
strange dreamer

Yep! And if she goes... good luck!
Quote:
Old 2013-07-24, 04:29
Magic Ball Master

Well, I'm back from it.
It was simply amazing, I loved the concert, although she couldn't make it to there... I still brought a friend together, so we still had quite some fun.

I have recorded the 1st 9 minutes of the concert (called Les vêpres siciliennes: Overture). I will be posting it soon (not today, its too late already) but I have to say that it was by far not the best one. I simply Loved the the 3rd song (or whatever it is called, I realy can't remember), which is called Bachianas Brasileiras no.4, from Villa Lobos. The 3rd act, called Ária (Cantiga) was simply amazing! I suggest all of your to head to youtube and search for it. I have also realy enjoyed "Dança Negra", the 2nd act of "Três Danças", from Camargo Guarnieri aswell, so I suggest you guys to check it out.

Well that's it, I try to post the video sometime during tomorrow so you guys can see it. Please remember that my cellphone camera doesn't have the BEST quality of video recording, and I couldn't bring a normal camera because it was already realy hard to record using my cellphone (due to security).
Old 2013-07-25, 18:56
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Seems great, Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
Cool!! I did that in Paris a few months ago, that was awesome! I love what he does, and the exhibition was huge. The crowd was equally huge though: we had to wait 2 hours in line.
The exhibit was called "The Dalì Universe" and most of the works I've seen actually came from "Espace Daly" in Montmartre. I bet we've seen the same stuff. That's great The crowd was ridicolous (probably because the exhibit will be there until the end of september), just 20 or 30 people.
Quote:
Oh I love his paintings aswell! Where are you going to see it? And are you able to take photos while in the exhibition?
That was in Sorrento, a town in the Naples area, but quite far from the center (it takes 1 hour of train to get there from Naples, and that means also an hour of subway from me ). The sea is excellent and very clean over there, and me and my gf took a chance to bathe during the morning, as the museum opened at 5 o'clock.
There weren't only paitings, but especially sculptures. Many of his works, I already knew them, but in the exhibit there were mainly less known artworks and I've seen them for the first time. The only let down was that many works (the less popular ones) had no account on the side... anything like this ever happened to me when I visited a museum. Still a wonderful experience.
In total there were 200 artworks, and yes, I could take pics. When I find the will to upload them I'll let you know. =)

In the meantime, you can watch this video, which was taken in Florence, where the exhibit was before moving to Sorrento.

Last edited by Streg; 2013-07-25 at 19:06.
Old 2013-07-25, 19:19
strange dreamer

Very nice of both of you, Marcos and Streg... Art exhibitions, phillarmonic orchestra concerts... culture level is high around here among the nice fellows.
Quote:
Old 2013-07-25, 19:34
Magic Ball Master

I see, that's awesome!
I will be watching the video when I get home
Old 2013-07-26, 20:01
Magic Ball Master

So, I was going to upload the video today, because I was lazy and didn't do so yesterday, but then I can't find the cable to connect my cellphone to my computer ¬¬"
I will be delaying the upload of it until I can find the cable (which probably won't take too long) but expect the video today or tomorrow afternoon.

Also, two things: The search engine for the forum is bugging (I couldn't freaking search for this thread in there, I had to manually check on my "last posted threads"), and can I upload videos directly in here? Because uploading the show to my youtube channel would make no sense, as it is tottaly not related to the content in there.
Old 2013-07-26, 21:00
strange dreamer

Quote:
can I upload videos directly in here?
No.
Quote:
Old 2013-07-28, 07:42
Magic Ball Master

Ok guys, I have uploaded the video on Daily Motion as promissed. Took me a while to do so because we had a party here at my house today, and I didn't have time to search for my cable / upload the video. Here it is!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12...rchestra_music
Old 2013-08-03, 14:06
Pim! Pim!

i've been super busy lately!! lots of coursework and other affairs...

all work and no play makes pim a dull girl hahaha

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0841.jpg‎
Views:	206
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	9800  
Old 2013-08-03, 14:08
Neko

Pretty cool, been to liverpool, now paris. Gt a bit of a hangover though
Old 2013-08-03, 16:58
Polly parrot

Oh, hi Pim Happy to see you are well
Old 2013-08-04, 00:37
strange dreamer

Pim !

Nice to have you back.
Quote:
Old 2013-08-04, 01:41
Panta rei

It is just past midnight and it's my birthday. I am winning pretty badly at Monpoly and it never happens! Loving life right now!
Old 2013-08-04, 01:50
Polly parrot

Happy Birthday
Old 2013-08-04, 02:48
Magic Ball Master

Hey, happy birthday! Wish you are enjoying your night
Old 2013-08-04, 02:51
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
It is just past midnight and it's my birthday. I am winning pretty badly at Monpoly and it never happens! Loving life right now!
Pics plz.
Quote:

Tags
so how was your