Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2008-08-15, 13:52
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,677
Post What Happened on the 19th Of June 2006?

I was unpacking some stuff I got from me with the UK in my new home, and I found one page with a time line of what happened when I met Fred, and some details. Anyway, fun stuff. It has some information I forgot about quite a long time ago.
  • Woke up 8:30am
  • Breakfast, then down by 10am
  • Debate ensues between me and Tom (friend who accompanied me), I say he drives a scooter, tom bets on Renault. Tom wins.
  • Fred late in traffic, arrives 10:25am.
  • We go with Fred, and his partner Yael Barroz to the Musee Lumiere.
  • Have tea and coffee while talking about Lyon, Gp2x, Ludoid/DS
  • Discussion ensues about Agartha.
  • Fred goes to Sega which large folders.
  • Fred was informed about cancel three months before production stops, and could not tell team untill production end.
  • Team noticed Fred was upset
  • We go to Little-Worlds Studio
  • Quite badly air conditioned, small three room office (one large, two smaller ones).
  • Pictures of LBA/Toy Commander on wall.
  • We meet Sebestian Vianny&Sister, Didier Chanfray, David Chomard,
  • Didier busy, goes with David and client to resturant. Brief hello exchange.
  • At 12:12pm (woot!) We go to a local resturant with Sebestian, Fred, Yael and Tom. First resturan too noisy.Next resturand- Surprise! Didier and David are there, and so are we!
  • We discuss LBA with a new style
  • Sebestian pulls out imaginary note pad, and begins to jolt down our ideas (hilarity)
  • Point of Sale of teams (sorry, don't know what I was trying to say there)
  • Fred has full size statue of Twinsen at home (1m and a bit tall).
  • For 4 years must with sony (again, no clue what i meant there)
  • We discuss game design, how a team starts work.
  • Fred has a secondary job of grading gaming projects. Mentions that some projects appaling, others ingenious.
  • Fred played with wii. Impressed, controller too tiring.
  • Talked about Poket Castle.
  • First about building castles, disagreement with (deleted game designer name here)
  • F4-Toys made into gamecube (huh?) Failed!
  • Trium Planeta made in Lyon and Paris.
  • Problems began when Paris began centralising.
  • They wanted Fred to make concept while they made the game
  • They didn't like freds prototype (They wanted all the characters to pretty much has the same capabilities, while fred had, for example, a small character who was fast, and could get into small places, and a larger character who was slow, but powerfull etc...)
  • Two prototypes made - dissagreements lead to Ludoid!
And thats all I have. Ill have a look around but i doubt ill find the other sheets. Ill try fill in the rest from my head. Anyway, enjoy! Ask questions if you want any clarification!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2008-08-15, 14:42
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,477
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
WOW GREAT !!!!!!!!!!! such a cool thread thanks AXX !!!
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2008-08-15, 15:53
Renesans's Avatar
Renesans Renesans is offline
Magic Level: Fire Ball
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kecskemét, Hungary
Posts: 497
Nice thread. Too bad that the info is so old.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2008-08-15, 17:57
RGaspar's Avatar
RGaspar RGaspar is offline
LOLwut?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,776
This is great, so cool info!

I always wanted more details of that meeting, and now I know who was that another guy in the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post

Pictures of LBA/Toy Commander on wall.

Fred has full size statue of Twinsen at home (1m and a bit tall)!
They...they are still thinking on LBA, don't you think?

I bet those games are their inspiring muse.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2008-08-15, 18:04
Aruchi89's Avatar
Aruchi89 Aruchi89 is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 178
Send a message via MSN to Aruchi89
cool
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2008-08-15, 19:05
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15,411
Interesting, but I must have missed the part where he showed you the secret cache of LBA-related pr0n on the F-4 Toys servers...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2008-08-15, 19:06
Darkflame's Avatar
Darkflame Darkflame is offline
Classic
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sol, Earth, NL
Posts: 23,836
Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
And the completed version of Agartha.

Quote:
They didn't like freds prototype (They wanted all the characters to pretty much has the same capabilities, while fred had, for example, a small character who was fast, and could get into small places, and a larger character who was slow, but powerfull etc...)
Interestingly stupid, but I have seen this a lot.
For some reason its seen as a good thing to make sure all the charecters in a game can do everything.

That and, well, playing a big guy in a game is a no-no.
All charecters have to be young and athletic. -sigh-.
In Eternal Darkness you got to play a old,fat guy for one chapter that could do autopsies. We need more games like that
__________________
http://fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2008-08-16, 05:07
Armageddon's Avatar
Armageddon Armageddon is offline
Twinsun Liberator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: melbourne
Posts: 513
Send a message via MSN to Armageddon
AWESOME!!!!!

i would love to meet fred.

but it suks im only 13yrs old.

which is gay.

i hope he lets people into the studio to show us how lba3 was made.

with all the models and such.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2008-08-16, 15:44
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,677
You know RGasper, I think LBA is like, the team pride, its what connects them as a team.
Double-J -> Sorry, this is an all age forum, so i had to omit that section!

Darkflame -> I didn't see that actually. Unfortunate to be honest, but im sure in the future we might all see it! Also, Fred implied their ignorance when he gave the example.

The_lone_worior -> Fred loves the fans (I think, that or he must rehearse smiling quite a bit!)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2008-08-18, 00:53
Necdilzor's Avatar
Necdilzor Necdilzor is offline
New efforts! :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tiliar Island
Posts: 1,088
this is cool info Axx!
__________________

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2008-08-20, 14:43
Armageddon's Avatar
Armageddon Armageddon is offline
Twinsun Liberator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: melbourne
Posts: 513
Send a message via MSN to Armageddon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
You know RGasper, I think LBA is like, the team pride, its what connects them as a team.
Double-J -> Sorry, this is an all age forum, so i had to omit that section!

Darkflame -> I didn't see that actually. Unfortunate to be honest, but im sure in the future we might all see it! Also, Fred implied their ignorance when he gave the example.

The_lone_worior -> Fred loves the fans (I think, that or he must rehearse smiling quite a bit!)
thanks for the info axx.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2008-08-20, 17:25
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,677
Your welcome peeps!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2008-08-20, 17:39
Skånska Skånska is offline
Friend of Gustav Sweden
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Skåne, Sverige
Posts: 2
Send a message via MSN to Skånska
hi there, I'm Sven Magnusson from Skåne this thread is very great!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2008-08-20, 17:40
Skånska Skånska is offline
Friend of Gustav Sweden
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Skåne, Sverige
Posts: 2
Send a message via MSN to Skånska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
I was unpacking some stuff I got from me with the UK in my new home, and I found one page with a time line of what happened when I met Fred, and some details. Anyway, fun stuff. It has some information I forgot about quite a long time ago.
  • Woke up 8:30am
  • Breakfast, then down by 10am
  • Debate ensues between me and Tom (friend who accompanied me), I say he drives a scooter, tom bets on Renault. Tom wins.
  • Fred late in traffic, arrives 10:25am.
  • We go with Fred, and his partner Yael Barroz to the Musee Lumiere.
  • Have tea and coffee while talking about Lyon, Gp2x, Ludoid/DS
  • Discussion ensues about Agartha.
  • Fred goes to Sega which large folders.
  • Fred was informed about cancel three months before production stops, and could not tell team untill production end.
  • Team noticed Fred was upset
  • We go to Little-Worlds Studio
  • Quite badly air conditioned, small three room office (one large, two smaller ones).
  • Pictures of LBA/Toy Commander on wall.
  • We meet Sebestian Vianny&Sister, Didier Chanfray, David Chomard,
  • Didier busy, goes with David and client to resturant. Brief hello exchange.
  • At 12:12pm (woot!) We go to a local resturant with Sebestian, Fred, Yael and Tom. First resturan too noisy.Next resturand- Surprise! Didier and David are there, and so are we!
  • We discuss LBA with a new style
  • Sebestian pulls out imaginary note pad, and begins to jolt down our ideas (hilarity)
  • Point of Sale of teams (sorry, don't know what I was trying to say there)
  • Fred has full size statue of Twinsen at home (1m and a bit tall).
  • For 4 years must with sony (again, no clue what i meant there)
  • We discuss game design, how a team starts work.
  • Fred has a secondary job of grading gaming projects. Mentions that some projects appaling, others ingenious.
  • Fred played with wii. Impressed, controller too tiring.
  • Talked about Poket Castle.
  • First about building castles, disagreement with (deleted game designer name here)
  • F4-Toys made into gamecube (huh?) Failed!
  • Trium Planeta made in Lyon and Paris.
  • Problems began when Paris began centralising.
  • They wanted Fred to make concept while they made the game
  • They didn't like freds prototype (They wanted all the characters to pretty much has the same capabilities, while fred had, for example, a small character who was fast, and could get into small places, and a larger character who was slow, but powerfull etc...)
  • Two prototypes made - dissagreements lead to Ludoid!
And thats all I have. Ill have a look around but i doubt ill find the other sheets. Ill try fill in the rest from my head. Anyway, enjoy! Ask questions if you want any clarification!
hi there, I'm Sven Magnusson from Skåne this thread is very great!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2008-08-20, 18:24
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,677
Welcome to the forums Sven!

Oh, and cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2008-08-22, 01:26
xesf's Avatar
xesf xesf is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,816
Indeed great info. Nice idea to note all those stuff to prevent forgetting them.
__________________
Personal Blog - blog.xesf.net

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]


The Sacred Carrot website
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2008-08-22, 18:34
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,677
Not so great an idea to loose half of the papers (it should have appeared same week on mbn, with the rest of the info)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2008-08-22, 22:38
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skånska View Post
hi there, I'm Sven Magnusson from Skåne this thread is very great!
Pics or it didn't happen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
June 2007 and onwards post a screenshot of your OS desktop Echomote Off topic 373 2008-11-03 03:47
MBN Meet 2008 (25-26th June) Amsterdam A_LIPSTICK Off topic 175 2008-07-04 18:43
Lba 2006 Quetch LBA Modifications - General 25 2005-12-21 14:25
Trium Planeta NEWS 5th JUNE 2004 Koypiout General 30 2004-06-23 21:16
n00b of the month award - June morshem Off topic 16 2003-06-26 23:03


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:21.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network