Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2016-11-30, 22:45
the legend

Soilbeat

Back in 2006, the days I used to come to MBN every day, and all great and legendary and epic things was going on here, I was making Soilbeat. For many reasons that matter not at the moment, it was kept since 2006 hidden from the world in a well kept egg inside my HD.

Now this album is finally seeing bits of daylight, breaking from its egg... and ugh... uurrgh here... here it comes... there there:

https://royrajabally.bandcamp.com/album/soilbeat

*phew*

It's healthy.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2016-12-02, 00:23
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Great album for a 16yo teen. I am impressed!

Still please remember this :

Quote:
Fan Music
The place for all your LBA related music creations
Post in the right categories please.
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-12-02, 09:08
Neko

actually we have always put fan generated music here, feels wrong to put it in off topic.

edit: changed it for ya
Old 2016-12-03, 00:08
FreemanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
actually we have always put fan generated music here, feels wrong to put it in off topic.

edit: changed it for ya
I wonder what's the point of this forum then..

Doesn't it makes no sense at all?

For our community it's great to hear what others are playing. But imagine a new comer wanting to find LBA related fan music. Then it's totally not that.

You should put it back how it was.

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-12-03, 11:51
Neko

This has always been this way. Some stuff is lba related fan music and some stuff is just our music. I do not think we need a separate forum for general fan created music actually
Old 2016-12-03, 19:54
FreemanQC

Quote:
This has always been this way. Some stuff is lba related fan music and some stuff is just our music. I do not think we need a separate forum for general fan created music actually
Well it's not necessarily because it's always been like that it's a good thing.

I mean this is an LBA forum, not a fan music forum.

If I click on fan music, I want to see fan music for LBA as I'm on a LBA forum.

Same as fan art or fan games. Why would I want to see something else that LBA related while browsing the fan section? This doesn't make sense to me.

Internet is big and there's other forums to share your music.

Still you can in the Off Topic (which is off topic) (topic is LBA)...

Old 2016-12-04, 01:37
the legend

Eh... I'm not sure this is the right thread to discuss this, you should go to "site & forum" for that.

Anyway I agree with Jesse. Fact is there simply isn't enough fan music of LBA as there is music by LBA fans. It's all about the ratio here. I can probably count on my fingers the amount of ACTUAL LBA related music here, maybe around 7~8 creations (most of them with dead links btw, so old they are). Whereas drawings of LBA are far more popular. And even then, there is plenty of non LBA related drawings there (ever heard of the "Ultimate Sketch Thread"? to name one). Therefore it's not justified to have a subforum for a few dozen creations, rather, let people hear fans of LBA are doing. Plus, if any newcomer is looking exclusively for LBA related music he can easily find so because all you have to do is read the topic title - chances are that if there is anything belonging to the LBA universe there it will be mentioned in the title, 99% of times.

There, nothing to worry about. ^^

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2016-12-04, 09:13
weee

This music rox my sox!
Old 2016-12-05, 21:49
Neko

at last fireflies sounds funny. What program did you use?

Soilbeat itself is better! I like the vibe of this one.
Old 2016-12-10, 22:58
the legend

Thx fishos <3.

Jesse, I use tracker style kind of programs (I never mention the specific software I use though, that's a secret hehe).

For everyone out there, just remember it says "BUY" but that's only because bandcamp works that way, it rather give you the option to pay than just having free download straight away but by all means don't be afraid to download it for FREE, no guilt involved, just enjoy this oldie freebie.

Old 2016-12-11, 15:47
Zebrazilla

This is cozy music man. Fun to hear this stuff

Tracker styled programs are just the best, it's such an enjoyable process to work with. I wonder, without having you spoil which software you are using the most, have you ever tried SunVox? It's my personal favourite for a few years now.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2016-12-11, 18:24
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless View Post
This is cozy music man. Fun to hear this stuff

Tracker styled programs are just the best, it's such an enjoyable process to work with. I wonder, without having you spoil which software you are using the most, have you ever tried SunVox? It's my personal favourite for a few years now.
Heey, thanks! No, I never heard of it before. Looks rad! I love the retro feel of it's looks, the absense of polished GUIs - just lines and texts and numbers and raw colors. Thanks for letting me know of it. ^^

Old 2016-12-11, 18:31
Neko

never liked trackers, piano roll all the way man
Old 2016-12-11, 18:46
Zebrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Heey, thanks! No, I never heard of it before. Looks rad! I love the retro feel of it's looks, the absense of polished GUIs - just lines and texts and numbers and raw colors. Thanks for letting me know of it. ^^
Oh yeah, try it out sometime, if you like trackers I'm sure you'll like it! It has an interesting setup of using isolated synthesizer modules that sort-of chain together and affect each other. A lot of fun to mess around with, if anything

Quote:
never liked trackers, piano roll all the way man
I think different techniques can achieve different twist to the resulting work, it all depends on what you are looking for. To each their own, whatever works - works!

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2016-12-12, 02:55
the legend

Well said.

Where can I listen to your music Homeless?