Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-06-25, 20:11
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
Difference

As a person, do you thing you're different? I mean, tastes, behaviour, way of thinking, all that. Or on the contrary you think you behave/think/like rather the same as people of your age?

Ok my question is odd, but what do you think?

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* find out what raynal said A LONG TIME ago here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
* Wish me happy birthday more than 6 months late here !!!
Ok elli, let's just STOP here, ok???
Old 2004-06-25, 20:23
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
Ok, I do think I'm very different. You can't have more unusual musical tastes than I do, and that's not always accepted. I'm the kind of girl to be very affected by things I do, I mean movies, series, books, and I kind of create a world turning around my current passion. Er...my clothes are rather original too , just to give concrete examples. I've a quite complex personnality that I think is rather unique, and that's a good thing because it's often shadowy and dark-side orientated.
I've always considered myself being different, especially when being young, I was always alone at school, doing "my stuffs", in "my world". Very independant. There is a period of life (middle school...) when you obviously have to socialize a bit, but still...

Ofcourse everyone's different, but there is some kind of 'teenager shape'... which is NO bad thing heh. And sometimes the fact of thinking you're "different" (and I don't like the word very much, it's just I couldn't find a more appropriate one) makes you uncomfortable and wish that you could not be...

(or something)

Okay let's bet : will this thread stay serious?

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
Old 2004-06-25, 20:33
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
I think that I am different, I mean I do completely stupid things that other boys my age wouldn't ever do, proper insane things like jumping off of high things, scaling walls (like spiderman) throwing myself down stairs, and up, attempting to run along walls, dodge things flying towards me (like neo), and my school decides to make me a prefect. I'm banned from buying stuff at the school cantine, cos I asked for a light perm in portuguese, I'm banned from new look for asking to try on some underwear. Anyway onto my way of thinking, it's very different to everyone elses, I know alot more than most people in the school, and I am very observant, I spot things that others don't.
Old 2004-06-25, 20:40
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Of course I'm different. Show me one single person in my age who does nothing than playing the computer and working in the zoo all day long, never watches TV, never go to the cinema, doesn't have friends, and is proud of all that.
Old 2004-06-25, 20:46
thegnarlypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
Of course I'm different. Show me one single person in my age who does nothing than playing the computer and working in the zoo all day long, never watches TV, never go to the cinema, doesn't have friends, and is proud of all that.
What about all your friends on the forum?
Old 2004-06-25, 20:47
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Read this thread for the answer .
Old 2004-06-25, 20:50
weee

You don't consider us MBNers friends then?
Old 2004-06-25, 21:02
Somewhere

We should ask morshem a definition for the word 'friends' (or perhaps he's already given one) but let's try not to put this thread too much offtopic

EDIT : yeah I'm like hobmoblin said too, just feeling like doing weird stuffs, like reaching my highschool's roof or I don't know, just going in unexpected places and do unexpected things that a normal person is not allowed/supposed to do... I mean looking for adventure every moment (except when I'm stuck on my computer )

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!

Last edited by ellimac; 2004-06-25 at 21:27.
Old 2004-06-25, 21:22
Neko

Yeah i'm different.
I usually do what I want to do, backing up my words and be strong with it. I mean it like: I wanted to stop eating sugar, except for the occasional chocolate to get away my headache. I just do it and achieve it. Lots of people I know just give in to their 'addictions', small or huge. I also don't do often things just because my friends want me too, like if they ask me to go out and I'm sure I ain't going, they know not to try and push me It works good that way, since because of that I grant em the favor of often coming even though I am not into the place we're going.

In other aspects...I'm completely like others. I have a favourite band, have my flaws and I accept em and know how to work with em.

But my major differences are probably that I am not afraid to show my personality, I'm real. I don't act like another person unless it's to have a laugh. And I can reflect on my behaviour and change myself when I find it needed.
Old 2004-06-25, 23:25
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
I think I'm a quarter demon and I'm a mod on a forum with social retarded very nice people, I think that says enough
Old 2004-06-26, 00:07
Somewhere

*XD*

Being there somewhat proves we're different...
...?

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
Old 2004-06-26, 00:30
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I think im different from many of my peers, IRL, and by different i mean more different then they are from eachover.
However i have a feeling that this forum in itself atracts people that arnt quite normal.
I dont think the average teenager, or whatever, would viste a forum like this so i think we are all here likely to be different.
At the very least we are all a bit more open-minded for likeing LBA.
As great though the game is, the average joy would dissmiss it as looking childish or being too old.
Old 2004-06-26, 00:38
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
I think im different from many of my peers, IRL, and by different i mean more different then they are from eachover.
However i have a feeling that this forum in itself atracts people that arnt quite normal.
I dont think the average teenager, or whatever, would viste a forum like this so i think we are all here likely to be different.
At the very least we are all a bit more open-minded for likeing LBA.
As great though the game is, the average joy would dissmiss it as looking childish or being too old.
You're right about lba.
The music has something magical which you have to notice. The game itself is truly not childish, which is something you can only see when you are a bit openminded to it. But I'd say that's still 'a little' openminded. I cannot say the forum represents a truly openminded comunity, but it's a bit/lot better than others.

On a side note:
I'd say you could really be concerned when you see little difference between you and your friends. When you see people are being themselves instead of acting, you see such a lot of diversity. And it's a shame people are often afraid to show/discover who they truly are. Sad, because they are a lot more beautifull and special when they cut the acting and be who they are.

damn it's really late, always get's me writing wise stuff
Old 2004-06-26, 00:49
Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko
I cannot say the forum represents a truly openminded comunity, but it's a bit/lot better than others.
What do you mean, by 'open minded' anyway? tolerant? We can't not be. People in MBN have so many different nationalities, backgrounds, opinions, beliefs.
(And still 'united' thanks to LBA... aint it beautiful? )

DF~IMHO you're totally right, about the game and the forum. I was about to put something like that in the beginning of the thread, but I prefered just to wait till someone would say that.

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
Old 2004-06-26, 01:37
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Everyone likes to believe he is different, and in a way, everyone is different.

Which makes you think, if all of you guys are so "different", you all have something in common. In a way, all those "different people" are somewhat alike.
Alike, as in the opposite of different.

In fact, if anyone posts a reply here and says "Nah, i'm not really different", he will be very different, because he is the first person here who doesn't think he's different!

I can't really say if i'm different or not, because i've never been anyone else
This sentence may seem silly, but think about it.

----

morshem: there are other people in the world who are proud of having no friends and spend their lives on their computer.

No offence, but I dislike it when people go around saying "oh, i'm so different, i'm special, yay"

Besides, out of curiosity, why are you proud of having no friends?
Old 2004-06-26, 02:49
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Brian: You are all individuals!
The Crowd: We are all individuals!

Brian: You have to be different!
The Crowd: Yes, we are all different!
Small lonely voice at the back: I'm not!
~ Monty Pythons Life of Brian

http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhill...an/individ.wav

Everyone is different, of course, but some people are more different the others.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2004-06-26 at 03:12.
Old 2004-06-26, 02:59
Original Vultures

Send a message via AIM to Vultures Send a message via MSN to Vultures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Everyone likes to believe he is different, and in a way, everyone is different.
Imagine a world where everybody is like you.
It's not very interesting to talk to someone you already know...
It's would be boring to live in a town where nobody can teach you something new...

Take a look on http://www.twinadv.net !

V.U.L.T.U.R.E.S : Vigilant Upgraded Lifeform Trained for Ultimate Repair and Efficient Sabotage
Old 2004-06-26, 03:12
thegnarlypanda

If we were all the same wouldn't we hate each other?
Old 2004-06-26, 05:05
the legend

Everyonein this thread said their diferent, so if i say im not, ill be the only one truly diferent! Ha----hah

'You're such a case'

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-06-26, 05:17
dig me now, fuck me later

Send a message via MSN to lembo
hmm...i would say i certainly don't stick to any of the stereotypes held about people of my age/race/background/etc...but i wouldn't say that i'm different. There are plenty of other people who *are* like me, and who enjoy the same things as i do, it's just that because we're not 'the norm', it becomes much more difficult to actually find those people. Just because you're different, doesn't mean you're alone in that

And i would certainly agree that this forum attracts a lot of 'different' people just by it's very nature. I wouldn't say those people are necessarily more 'open-minded' (although a lot are), just that they're all a little different. It makes it a pretty interesting place to be a part of imo.

www.disassembly.co.uk
Old 2004-06-26, 12:07
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellimac
What do you mean, by 'open minded' anyway? tolerant? We can't not be. People in MBN have so many different nationalities, backgrounds, opinions, beliefs.
(And still 'united' thanks to LBA... aint it beautiful? )

DF~IMHO you're totally right, about the game and the forum. I was about to put something like that in the beginning of the thread, but I prefered just to wait till someone would say that.
Nah we are tolerant alright. But openminded is also respecting ones opinion and I have seen it's not always the case.

When you say something and I disagree with it, I'd reply with: 'I don't agree' or something like that. That's respectfull, and I accept and consider your point of view.
Old 2004-06-26, 12:39
thegnarlypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellimac
As a person, do you thing you're different? I mean, tastes, behaviour, way of thinking, all that. Or on the contrary you think you behave/think/like rather the same as people of your age?

Ok my question is odd, but what do you think?
That post kinda makes that different thing that SGK just posted stupid, "people of your age?" impling your friends/people at your school/work
Old 2004-06-26, 13:24
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko
Nah we are tolerant alright. But openminded is also respecting ones opinion and I have seen it's not always the case.
Openminded means that you considder there is another reality but yours. Just because we don't agree with you doesn't automatically mean we don't respect you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
No offence, but I dislike it when people go around saying "oh, i'm so different, i'm special, yay"
I quite agree with that. I don't think you are the person to judge your difference, other people do
And even if you're 'different', big deal
Old 2004-06-26, 13:32
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Yep.
Personally i think being nice and kind are better traits then being different.
Too bad humanity doesn't seem to think so
Old 2004-06-26, 13:38
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica
Openminded means that you considder there is another reality but yours. Just because we don't agree with you doesn't automatically mean we don't respect you.

I quite agree with that. I don't think you are the person to judge your difference, other people do
And even if you're 'different', big deal
Yeah, that's more how I meant it indeed, couldn't find the right words for it.

I disagree with your second statement, if one knows himself very well he can easily tell if he's different.

But I don't see it as a big deal either, to me it's important to be yourself and then you often see that each person is unique in his own way. But it's not like someone is better or should feel like he's the king because he's so different