Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2005-03-03, 10:44
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Concerning illegal copies et all

Would it be such a bad idea to contact the publishers of LBA to see whether it has become officially abbandon ware?
I'm sure at least LBA 1 is old enought to qualify as such, especially considering there are hardly any shops selling the game.

In that case we can finally host the files ourselves instead of depening on Ebay or some idiot spamming his URL all over the website.
Old 2005-03-03, 15:46
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea at all, as it would finally solve all the issues about what is legal, and what not. If you want (and if people decide it's a good idea), I can contact Fred, and ask him that question.
Old 2005-03-03, 16:02
formerly just angry

Yeah - LBA1 was on an abandonware site I was visiting today - so it would be nice to clear this up
Old 2005-03-03, 16:03
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Well, I suppose there's no reason not to.
I could use the LBA2 ISO, my disc is in bad condition.
Old 2005-03-03, 16:24
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea at all, as it would finally solve all the issues about what is legal, and what not. If you want (and if people decide it's a good idea), I can contact Fred, and ask him that question.
We need to contact the person who has the rights over the distribution of LBA (not the intelectual rights). For LBA that is presumably EA and Activision. For LBA 2 that would be Activision and Virgin if I'm right.
Old 2005-03-03, 16:45
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Atresica: Right. BTW, EA also distributed LBA 2, the European Version.
Old 2005-03-03, 16:54
Welcome to Zirla!

Hmmm... now, that I think, Activision didn't distribute LBA 1. I have both the European and the U.S. versions of the game, so I know, that both were distributed by Electronic Arts.

So we have:
- LBA 1: Electronic Arts (all versions),
- LBA 2: Electronic Arts (Europe), Activision (U.S., Canada, South America, and Australia), and Virgin (Asia and Japan).
Old 2005-03-03, 17:46
What is this place?

My LBA 1 copy says Activision
Old 2005-03-03, 18:06
Welcome to Zirla!

- Atresica: Activision? Does it say when you load the game, too? If yes, can you send me the RESS.HQR of your version, please?
Old 2005-03-03, 18:23
What is this place?

Interestingly enough, the opening screen just says EA.
Old 2005-03-03, 18:34
formerly just angry

Both LBA 1 & 2 are EA copies in UK
Old 2005-03-03, 19:01
Welcome to Zirla!

- Atresica: It's clear now. Activision isn't a distributor of LBA 1, only EA is. But Activision is a distributor of LBA 2, and as LBA 1 is its prequel, Activision was probably selling EA's LBA 1 (U.S. Version), to promote this game and the sequel. But however, LBA 1's official distributor was EA, and thus the opening screen says EA.

But, however, it's also possible, that LBA 1 actually was distributed by Activision, but they just didn't update the opening screen. While LBA 2 already had opening screens for EA, Activision, and Virgin, regardless of the version you had (the game just shows the correct one, depending on the value of the Version variable in the LBA2.CFG file). It that's the situation, then we have another LBA 1 distributor, Activision.

Also, as I read on the MBN about a Japanese version of LBA 1, then probably also Virgin is a distributor of LBA 1, as Virgin usually distributes games in Asia and Japan.
Old 2005-03-03, 19:49
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN website
Little Big Adventure (LBA for short) was first release at the end of 1994. It was released in Europe by Electronic Arts and in the USA under the name 'Relentless' by Activision.
Howeverrr, mine just says Little Big Adventure: Twinsen's adventure...
Plus, I also have the different languages, which I thought wasn't present on the Relentless copy.

I'll see if I can scan the image when I got a scanner.
Old 2005-03-03, 20:58
Welcome to Zirla!

- Atresica: In the LBA 1 case, the U.S. version also has all languages, plus it also has French and German voices, so your version is alright. In the LBA 2 case, the U.S. only has English language (both written and spoken).
Old 2005-03-03, 21:02
The return of

I have relentless, its EA, Twinsens odyssey was the one distributed by activision, atresica has a fake
Old 2005-03-03, 21:15
weee

We can surely contact them, but publishers don't often allows that... They just aren't nice
Old 2005-03-03, 23:12
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I don't think it's very much about whether they are nice or not..

Twinsen's Adventure is EA, thats what I know.
Old 2005-03-04, 12:48
Magic Ball Master

Atresica is right. Activition was the publisher for LBA1 too.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/company...id=9&sort=year
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.ph...+Big+Adventure

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-03-04, 16:17
formerly just angry

If anyone is interested I can PM a number and name for a sales director in EA (god bless working in telesales) - once you show the company you know someone there they are more likely to put you thorugh to someone important. (UK)
Old 2005-03-04, 23:20
The return of

Alex, no they werent, I never saw an Relentless by activision, underdogs maybe mistaken. Could be the floppy version of relentless, as that is the one underdogs post.

-Ahmad
Old 2005-03-04, 23:46
Magic Ball Master

Underdogs wasn't the only one I found, anyway its seams a 1995 release and not 1994.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-03-05, 01:28
The return of

strange :s
Old 2005-03-05, 02:21
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
We can surely contact them, but publishers don't often allows that... They just aren't nice
Not with that attitude...

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-03-06, 01:55
Welcome to Zirla!

Hmmm... the version on The Underdogs' website is the 1995 Floppy Version, but its opening screen says Electronic Arts, and it's even the European version (note: the executable file is called LBA.EXE).

However, I don't think the distributors will give us the permission to distribute either games, but still, I think somebody should contact them.
Old 2005-03-06, 13:31
You what?!

England we had EA and Adeline on the box for LBA2...

erm

and the same for LBA1... also on the disc it says

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBA1 Disc
Little Big Adventure is a trademark of Adeline Software International, S.A.