Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News > Syndicated news
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Syndicated news News from other LBA related websites.

Old 2008-06-26, 18:58
Magic Ball Master

Its not a matter of that, but a matter of rewriting the LBA 3D model format.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2008-06-26, 19:53
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
I do not want to take over the project cause I'd direct all team members to let go of the current direction and make the game using a pre-made engine so in this situation, it's better for you guys to be in charge as long as you'll give us something to taste instead of reading
You sure? It sounds like you have all the answers. I bet you could get this project finished in 3 months, tops.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:14
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
no, 18 months and that is if I wouldn't use this engine and have people working full time
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-06-26, 20:15
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
no, 18 months and that is if I wouldn't use this engine and have people working full time
I'm a little disappointed. I figured you'd have your shit together a bit better than that.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:25
Twinsunian Quetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
your shit
that, my friend, would consist ONLY in your shit and the shit of other team members ... ah and let's not forget, my shit would also contain the engine of some prestigious programmers, so well yeah, I can only make this project in 1-2 years IF you for once, would provide me with some materials ... which would later be put in a folder called "DJ's shit" ... so before moving your fingertips across the keyboard, please think about it twice cause you've just called everybody's work "SHIT"
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-06-26, 20:42
Magic Ball Master

That made zero sense.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:44
Twinsunian Quetch

u said I'd gather my shit together too slow bla bla ... the point was that the shit I am gathering is nothing else but your work and others' ... so apart from calling your own contribution "shit", you've also offended others ... Viva english
Old 2008-06-26, 21:58
Magic Ball Master

Viva English. You should learn it sometime. I told you that 18 months is too long, you needed to get your shit together. Yet somehow you managed to project that and rearrange it into some clusterfuck of awesomeness.

Either way, go make your own project if you're so disappointed with ours.
Old 2008-06-26, 22:02
Twinsunian Quetch

uhmm ... I am making my own ... and my english suffices for now ... at least I am able to tell what the heck people are saying ... and worry not, now I understand your problem as it was explained to me by a member ... so I apologize for starting this in the first place ... your problem is understandable and I pity you
Old 2008-06-26, 22:20
Magic Ball Master

Please don't pity us. We know what we're doing and how to do it.

Now if we could just get other people to be patient, I know I for one would greatly appreciate it. The vast majority of this community has been great and supportive, and I hope we can keep it that way.
Old 2008-06-26, 22:48
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Dude, there is like 15 team members if you count them all. You could finish LBA3 if all 15 worked full time in 18 months

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2008-06-26, 22:53
Twinsunian Quetch

yeah well I guess it's my past experience with gamemaking ... seeing all these project leaders saying "ahh there's a demo soon to follow" or "don't worry, I am not letting go of this project EVER", just so that months later they would let their work die made me ... dunno ... angry deep down you know ... so I will not say a thing from now on, but please, DON'T be one of those who conclude: "well we have better things to do and life's too short so byebye project" ... I hate it
Old 2008-06-27, 00:13
Magic Ball Master

Well, I think we already show some effort to not let this project went that way. Its indeed true, we always have good things in life to do but most of the times this isn't the problem. Anyway, I must say sometimes I get bored from LBA but others I'm feel in full throttle to realize my objectives.

Old 2008-06-27, 00:51
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
yeah well I guess it's my past experience with gamemaking ... seeing all these project leaders saying "ahh there's a demo soon to follow" or "don't worry, I am not letting go of this project EVER", just so that months later they would let their work die made me ... dunno ... angry deep down you know ... so I will not say a thing from now on, but please, DON'T be one of those who conclude: "well we have better things to do and life's too short so byebye project" ... I hate it
It wasn't like we were teasing and had nothing to show. It was more like "oh, fuck, this critical error is unexpected and won't let us continue until we fix it."
Old 2008-06-27, 20:54

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
The reason why this project is taking so long has nothing to do with the engine, and everything to do with the number of active members and the amount of free time each member has.

Alex could very well be working on an engine from scratch, but it wouldn't save him any more time. As is, he's the ONLY programmer that's active on the team. That's the equivalent of one artist creating all art assets for an AAA game.

As a matter of fact, we do have several .exe files and I suppose what you may call "demos" of the Prequel. But some of the stuff is too old and the newer stuff has been made for purposes of beta testing within the Dev team.

I know from the outside it may seem like Prequel is dead, but it's far from it. We have some sort of progress either from the programmers, artists, storywriters occuring almost daily in the forum. We are trying our best, but we have jobs, school, life, and nobody is paying us 40,000 USD / EUR per year to work fulltime on this game. And that's really the truth of it all.

If you would like to contribute to this project, you are more than welcome to do so. But please refrain from skepticism as it brings down the morale in the team. We more than appreciate, however, any cheerful commentary such as:

"I bet you guys are going to have an ASS kicking game when it comes out!"

Quote:
I still think it's futile ... people with such experience like you should start making the game from scratch ... in 1-2 years it would be complete and WELL done ... why try reinventing the wheel ??? for me it just doesn't add up ... the whole LBA engine thing being used to make a game is .... stupid, sorry it's like me and Jasiek would try to extract the models from the original LBA for years, wasting time, instead of making our own (which we do) ...
Old 2008-06-27, 23:33
Twinsunian Quetch

well by all means, I didn't wanna bring you down AT ALL ... in fact I wanted to give you a glance of what might be outside the window ... anyway, I myself am the single programmer responsible for the upcoming game (made by me, Jasiek and Kit) ... so once I'll start programming, I'll let u know so that u can see how fast results can come to life if you use your time wisely. Anyway, as I've said, I will shut up now and SERIOUSLY, I am looking forward for the smallest demo ... you can give us even one of those old EXEs ... for Pete's sake, I wanna move Twinsen around the screeeennn !!!!!!!!
Old 2008-06-27, 23:55
Magic Ball Master

Well Twinsen you won't move around the screen, but Hégéssipe, yes.

Its really bad for you to say we don't use our time wisely and you are the only one who knows how to use it.

Old 2008-06-28, 00:25
Magic Ball Master

This thread is full of epic win.
Old 2008-06-28, 13:14
Previously Link

Wtf, Quetch, sorry to tell you that, but you have no idea what you're talking about. You're being naive and ignorant here.
---
This project is one of the most realistic in terms of feasibility out here. I'm very confident about it, and I'm sure it'll be greaaat !
Old 2008-06-28, 14:34
Twinsunian Quetch

uki
Old 2008-06-28, 16:58
Magic Ball Mister

Quote:
well by all means, I didn't wanna bring you down AT ALL ...
WTF?!
Yes you did.
Quote:
in fact I wanted to give you a glance of what might be outside the window ...
That's nice... But we have our minds set on a certain idea and goal so we're going to go for that instead of wasting time experimenting with new things and fiddle-farting.
Quote:
anyway, I myself am the single programmer responsible for the upcoming game (made by me, Jasiek and Kit) ... so once I'll start programming, I'll let u know so that u can see how fast results can come to life if you use your time wisely.
*Scoffs*
Huh!
Alex spends as much time as he can to program on the engine. He has said in a previous post that he even finds a little bit of time to program while he is at work... So don't think that you have the advantage over us by 'using your time wisely'.

All of us, as Don has said, have lives, jobs and commitments that have priority.
I might as well say it, I am working on a system that will hopefully speed up our productivity by a lot, but I don't know how long it will take now because I was forced to reinstall OS X and lost all data - including the system I've been developing (sorry guys!).
I'm now having to work longer and later to get back to where I was before - so don't you dare(!) say that you can show how to prioritize time.
Quote:
Anyway, as I've said, I will shut up now and SERIOUSLY, I am looking forward for the smallest demo ... you can give us even one of those old EXEs ... for Pete's sake, I wanna move Twinsen around the screeeennn !!!!!!!!
It won't be for a long while...

Now, don't take this as a personal attack, I'm just fed up with the way that you've been treating the MBN and our project.

Last edited by SebZ; 2008-06-28 at 17:03.
Old 2008-06-28, 17:07

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Alright, that's enough. He got the point already. Don't add oil to the fire.

This thread is suppose to be about us recruiting C++ programmers, not us arguing with members about time tables and schedules.
Old 2008-06-28, 22:33
Twinsunian Quetch

yeah well I said 2 or 3 times I'll shut up yet people keep nagging me ... meh
Old 2008-06-28, 22:46
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
yeah well I said 2 or 3 times I'll shut up yet people keep nagging me ... meh
Gee, I wonder why? :P
Old 2008-06-28, 22:50
Twinsunian Quetch

cause you keeepppp posstiinngggg !!!!!!!! can someone please delete ALL of our debate ??? this was supposed to be a news section, not a place where I tell u to change your direction and also not a place for disk jockeys