Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Prequel
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA Prequel The goal of this project is to make a prequel of LBA1 using the original engine. (homepage)

Old 2007-10-29, 18:17
Fruto di tutti frutti

Demo Delayed... Shame On Us

I know that many of you have been waiting a long time for the Prequel demo (maybe too long), and we greatly appreciate all the support and encouragement around the forums and via email over these past few weeks. Two months ago, I had given an estimation on a release date for the demo (November 1st). Someone asked for a date, and even if the date would have to be rescheduled later, I hoped that we would make it before that date. I’m not really sure why that date has been taken and announced as a deadline. To be clear, I am not trying to excuse myself, because I am also responsible for that delay. I just wanted you to know how came to that the date had been set and not kept.

It has not been kept because of one important reason: it was not possible to make the demo on time; we just overestimated our abilities, and underestimated the amount of work to do. Though there were several tasks at (or near) completion, there is still too much testing and other unanticipated issues that have come up over the past two weeks that have slowed us down considerably.

Because of the above reasons, we will not set the demo release date, simply because we are not able to estimate it at current point. We have discussed this, and have set a release date for our information only, but it serves as a guideline and schedule for the team itself. It will help us make the demo as fast as it is possible, but does not guarantee that we will manage to make everything on time. That’s why we will not say it publicly (and please, don’t ask for it). We will probably announce a date, but only when we are absolutely sure that we can make it and have completed all the necessary testing and packaging for release. I think the best answer we could give you at this point is that it is coming soon. Please understand that we are more disappointed than the community is that we have not been able to get this demo completed.

Also, please don’t think that we have given up on this project. On the contrary, we have been working harder than ever for the last couple of weeks, to be sure that we could meet the release date and put out a quality product. But that hard work was not enough, and we now see that it is not possible, and would not be possible, even if we worked harder. On the plus side, we managed to make really great progress during that time, so the demo will be made for sure. The progress is constant, but just a bit slow, especially given that many of us are at Uni and working full time . We are committed to getting this demo out to the public. One benefit of this delay is the inclusion of several things we would not have been able to add with the November 1st deadline - including more character animations, more space to explore on the islands (which may now be fully functional and open, rather than closed off as in a traditional demo), more character models and layouts, and in general, a more full and robust demo, which is what this community really deserves. With the previous date, many of these ideas were simply pipe dreams that would have to be left on the cutting room floor.

We are very sorry to disappoint you at this time, and we hope that you won’t lose hope because of this slip-up. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and hope that you will continue to support us as we continue work on this game.
The LBA Prequel Team
Old 2007-10-30, 01:22
3 Quetches in a tub

Shame on you!!

Im sure this is worth waiting for.
So keep up the "unknown" but surley good work
Old 2007-10-30, 14:36
Father of Shoda

well....just get it done

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2007-11-04, 23:32
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
I hate to say this but in a past thread, I TOLD YOU you wouldn't be able to keep it up ... sorry
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-11-05, 00:03
weee

Oh you love to say this.
Old 2007-11-05, 00:28
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
I hate to say this but in a past thread, I TOLD YOU you wouldn't be able to keep it up ... sorry
I guess we can count you off the list of beta testers then...
Old 2007-11-05, 00:56
Neko

Quote:
you do not need to say what you don't want to say.
Old 2007-11-05, 14:14
Twinsunian Quetch

what I wanted to say was that you shouldn't make promises you can't keep ... not cause it's not 'respectful' but cause u disappoint the public it's not me cause I know when to get my hopes up and when not to, but the younger members surely will be anyway, cutting me off the beta tester list will be sad both for me and you ... cause as a beta tester, not everyone can do what they are supposed to ... to test a game implies more than just playing the game, hoping to find a bug ... you have to know HOW to find bugs ... anyway, hope you'll change your mind
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-11-05, 16:44
Neko

first of all it is not a promise!
we plan to release something on a certain time. plans can however fail. we try our best...

the reason to publish a release date is to motivate us harder to make it, because fans love it. even if we do not deliver on time, we still have worked about 3 times as hard.

we can ofcouse, not say a word at all, but would you prefer that?

a promise is: someone with nekoneko points, WILL win my lba cd.....it can only fail if mice eat up my cd.
Old 2007-11-05, 18:21
You what?!

What if it melts in the sun? Or the microwave?
Anyway Quetch, you seem to have taken JJ's light hearted comment a bit too seriously.
It's pretty obvious he was joking, I doubt you're off any teams for being slightly pessimistic.
Old 2007-11-05, 18:50
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
what I wanted to say was that you shouldn't make promises you can't keep ... not cause it's not 'respectful' but cause u disappoint the public it's not me cause I know when to get my hopes up and when not to, but the younger members surely will be anyway, cutting me off the beta tester list will be sad both for me and you ... cause as a beta tester, not everyone can do what they are supposed to ... to test a game implies more than just playing the game, hoping to find a bug ... you have to know HOW to find bugs ... anyway, hope you'll change your mind
First, as Kit has pointed out, I was joking about beta testing.

With respect to the public, don't believe for a second that we're not more angry than anyone about this date not being met. We have goals set for ourselves, and our standards are quite high. When we say we're going to do something, we're going to try our damnedest to do it.

I understand frustration, hell, I'm frustrated myself. But much like Ocarina of Time - one of the most delayed games in history - good things come to those who wait.

One major plus of this delay is that we'll be giving you a fully playable island and a longer quest, which would have been impossible with the Nov 1st deadline.
Old 2007-11-05, 19:19
Twinsunian Quetch

Ocarina ??? how much was that delayed ??
Old 2007-11-05, 19:30
Magic Ball Master

Years.
Old 2007-11-05, 23:32
Twinsunian Quetch

wow ... anyways, I didn't want to point at u, I guess I was a little disappointed myself hope you guys will put that demo up soon enough though ( before Christmas, what do u say ? )
Old 2007-11-06, 02:16
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
wow ... anyways, I didn't want to point at u, I guess I was a little disappointed myself hope you guys will put that demo up soon enough though ( before Christmas, what do u say ? )
Maybe yes...maybe no...maybe both.

Trust me, this community will be the first to know when the demo is ready for release.
Old 2007-11-06, 22:40
Neko

expect a nekonekobonus first policy tho
Old 2007-11-13, 04:04
Time-traveller on Visit

At least in my Timeline has the Prequel been in 2009 released, around the same time that has Frédérick Raynal the first two LBA Games freeware declared. The first Prequel Demo has for Christmas 2007 been released as a Christmas Gift for then MBN.
Old 2007-11-27, 02:22
LOLwut?

You forgot the Frédérick Raynal's annoucement about LBA3, that will be on production for 2009