Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2001-07-25, 00:44
Free. Free. Free. Free.

Send a message via MSN to Evil-Twinsen
Exclamation LBA Petition

OK, that's it

I'm gonna send this email to Adeline, and if you agree with what's written here, you can add your name (REAL NAME AND FAMILY NAME, NOT NICKNAME!) in a reply.

We, fans of Little Big Adventure and members of the official LBA forum, hereby declare that we will not buy an LBA game that is not done with Fredrik Raynal in charge of production, and is not released to PC with it's original LBA style saved.
We understand that there are legal matters that need to be taken into consideration, but quite frankly, we don't care, because an LBA game that is released to GBA and not done with mister Raynal supervising, is simply not an LBA game.
We plead you not to ruin the game for us. We've been waiting for the LBA sequel for a really long time, and when we heard a sequel might come out without mister Raynal and with the original LBA style changed, we were very disappointed.
The reviews on LBA2 were very supporting, and many critics called it "one of the best games ever". We believe that, if given a chance, Raynal can make another gr8 LBA, and this time, with the right publicity, it can become a great success. But it needs Fredrik.
Please take our thoughts into considerations, as we represent many other huge fans of the world of Little Big Adventure.
With deep respect, the signed below:

Evyatar Halimi
Live.
Old 2001-07-25, 01:00
weee

Ido Beeri

you gotta admit it looks stupid, no offence... and this isn't the official forum...
Old 2001-07-25, 01:02
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
It's not going to work...

Don't you see it?
We are a bunch of teenangers, they are a corporation

Also, there seems that a personal fight is involved and that's diffeculd to sollute as a outsider

I'm not negative, I'm realistic
Old 2001-07-25, 01:05
weee

I'm sure ET didn't really thought it's going to work... it would just be nice to tell them what we think...
Old 2001-07-25, 01:37
Extraordinary Machine

Send a message via AIM to Keds Send a message via Yahoo to Keds
Something to this end needs to be done... but not untill more research has been done and we know what we're talking about.

The letter sounds too upfront and aggressive to send to Adeline ET... they don't know about any of our discussions, and it would probably come as quite 'out of the blue'.

Old 2001-07-25, 02:15
Master of Science & Magic

I don't support this petition...
It's a nice thought, but I don't believe in these kinds of actions
Old 2001-07-25, 02:27
Extraordinary Machine

It would be quite a bluff on our part anyhow, given that if LBA3 was developed for the PC without Mr. Raynal... most of us would buy it anyway to pass judgement.
Old 2001-07-25, 06:12
Man of God!

Send a message via ICQ to Audio_Energy01 Send a message via Yahoo to Audio_Energy01
I go with El Muerte, Keds, and Darkflame. Vote what we should do now, then when the time comes and we have more info, use what we voted on.
Old 2001-07-25, 11:46
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Evil-Twinsen- Have you read the Thread entitled "Perhapes this could explain something about LBA on the GBA"
What could you possibly have agaist that?
As long as there true conversions, it would be a waste of Freds time to get involved.
Old 2001-07-25, 23:05
Free. Free. Free. Free.

God... I'm getting a flashback from 3 years ago.....

Back then there was a spin-off for the wonderful TV show Babylon5 (One of the only two things I find better than LBA - second one is Lord Of The Rings), called Crusade. Crusade was cancelled by WB because they had a fight with JMS (AKA "Great Maker" to his fans). The problem - WB wanted more sex and violence in Crusade. Yup, that's EXACTLY what they said. "Crusade needs more sexual and violent scenes". The great maker did not aproove of this, obviously, as Crusade ain't some stupid Aaron Spelling show (I wonder if they call Tory Spelling "Miss Spelling" ).

Anywayz, back then I visited B5's forum and had a discussion with people 'bout making a petition. They said stuff like "we're just a bunch of teenagers", "they don't give shit about us", "let's go buy some cows!", but eventually I, along with some other ppl, made them understand that "the public" is so much stronger than they think it is. "Revolutions", even small and relevantly silly ones like this ones, are made by the public. Just like no regime can go on without lawful citizens, no company can release a game without costumers.

I don't understand what's wrong with letting them know what the people who give them money think. I'm not saying this is gonna work 100%, I'm just saying they need to know what we think. We did the same with Crusade, we had a whole "Crusade for Crusade" campaign, and although eventually WB was not convinced to give it another shot, the protest came to the Sci-Fi channel's attention, and they decided to buy Crusade's first season and to be the sponsors of a NEW B5 Spinoff called "Legend Of The Rangers", since WB had the rights for Crusade.

Anyway, I'm not surprised at El and some other people here for sayin' they doesn't believe in this stuff... Quite frankly I'm disappointed at this forum, kinda remindes me of that whole thing that hapepned with CB... You jsut won't play along with stuff, and that's a shame.
I still think that we can effect on the desicsions up in the high windows, whether we believe it or not. All you guyz out there who call yourself "revolutionaries" - here's your chance to prove it.

This has worked before, but I guess it won't work here cause u're all too cinical.

And my letter may have not been very "Accurate" 'bout some stuff, but you can try changing it or whatever.

The easiest thing in the world is to stand aside and say "heh, it'll never work", instead of trying to do something for yourself, BY yourself.
Live.
Old 2001-07-25, 23:17
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Point taken

As I said, it is a personal fight. If it was a fight only based on copyright problems I would have said: do it.

Another problem is that the letter is a bit to agressive (is changeble) and since I'm writing this after I read your statement, I'm not influenced by any authoroty or something so you can't accuse me
Old 2001-07-25, 23:17
Free. Free. Free. Free.

And yea, Heir, by revolutionary I was implying to you
Looking to see what your response'll be to this petition
Live.
Old 2001-07-25, 23:20
Free. Free. Free. Free.

I dunno if it's too agressive.....
Mayb the "frankly, we don't care" part, yea, I guess I should change that

Oh, and the "hereby declare" part
lol I got carried away with formaility, I dunno what I was thinking
Though I can't find a less formal way to write this
Live.
Old 2001-07-26, 00:12
Magic Level: Red Ball

Here's my 2cents again...

I am not a teenager anymore (damn time flies), but I have been there and I know how it feels like thinking you can't make a difference. Believe me I still feel it sometimes...

But I feel Evil-Twinsen has something going here. A more formal, and very friendly statement created and edited by us all and agreed on is worth sending to someone you wish to see your point of view. We shouldn't expect anything grand, but I see a small change in their plans, because of fan opinions, is a great victory.

Besides, if they don't like it, what's the worst that can happen? Slap each and every one of us with a lawsuit... no way it will cost them too much and they have nothing to base it on. The worst that can happen is that they'll ignore us, at least then we can say we tried.

I know I haven't been big in the community lately or even very supportive, but do this right and I'll stand by you even if I am not as passionate as most of you are (hey I am in the adult world now, i got huge new bridges to cross.)

So work on it a bit more, untill the majority of the forum is happy with the statement and I'll sign my name and country (so that they can see how widespread the fan base is)

You have nothing to lose...

btw. do your research first
Old 2001-07-26, 01:47
What is this place?

Well, I'd love to put down my two euro's but they aren't here yet...

It's a good opinion DS, we can try it. But all I say is that there is a personal fight and that is diffeculd to solve

Another good point is that we need research, that's why we should keep the petition as a kind of plan B. When we finnaly have the e-mail adress/phone number, we should first get as much information as we can get, things might not be the way we think
Old 2001-07-26, 06:15

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Your jumping to conclusions too fast guys. Let it wait, for all you know the dispute can be solved before you know it...I would advise to wait at least 3 month before you go on with this.

BTW, DarkSealth, nice to hear from you...Its been a while.
Old 2001-07-26, 10:37
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstealth
Here's my 2cents again...

I am not a teenager anymore (damn time flies), but I have been there and I know how it feels like thinking you can't make a difference. Believe me I still feel it sometimes...

But I feel Evil-Twinsen has something going here. A more formal, and very friendly statement created and edited by us all and agreed on is worth sending to someone you wish to see your point of view. We shouldn't expect anything grand, but I see a small change in their plans, because of fan opinions, is a great victory.

Besides, if they don't like it, what's the worst that can happen? Slap each and every one of us with a lawsuit... no way it will cost them too much and they have nothing to base it on. The worst that can happen is that they'll ignore us, at least then we can say we tried.

I know I haven't been big in the community lately or even very supportive, but do this right and I'll stand by you even if I am not as passionate as most of you are (hey I am in the adult world now, i got huge new bridges to cross.)

So work on it a bit more, untill the majority of the forum is happy with the statement and I'll sign my name and country (so that they can see how widespread the fan base is)

You have nothing to lose...

btw. do your research first
I agree with DarkStealth, 50% because I think he's right, 50% because its DarkStealth so its probably a good one
Old 2001-07-26, 11:27
Loud & Heavy

Send a message via ICQ to V2
yeah, what do we have to lose? we can try. things can't get worse. only better.

if you think changes must be made then i think it's time for the english people to take the matter into their hands and express our views in a muc better way.

also et: this is not the official message board indeed

and i don't think i have to wait

Stambolas Ierotheos
Greece

Death Metal... for life!!!
Old 2001-07-26, 12:45
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Hello?
I never said a petion wouldn't work, but your all careing on like its still LBA4?
Its just REMAKES for the GBA, not new games.
As long as there true LBA1 style conversions, I don't see why Fred should waste his time on them.
Old 2001-07-26, 13:25
Old , grey and Uncle

Send a message via ICQ to Fromsej
I agree in putting pressure on the company , but it has to be in a polite language , NOT any kind of bad language or threat.
If you believe , they won´t listen because of your age , then remember who buys most games and play most games , it is teenagers.
There is 168 members of this forum , if everybody here just get two friends not to buy any of their products , and they do the same thing , try to calculate how many people we are talking about ( 168*2^x) .
It shall not pass many people before it is a very large number , and that is a language they will understand , because it strikes where they are most vulnerable , their income.
About your age , well I am 40 years old , and have been around this scene for about 20 years ( C64 ) , and a lot of my friends at the same age still plays and uses PC , so that is a very stupid argument for any company!
Look at Microsoft now and in 5 years , when Linux has become more userfriendly , and free officepacks such as Staroffice have been spread worldwide , then Microsoft will have totally lost the battle of the software.
So go for it.
Søren Kristoffersen
Odense
Denmark
fromsej
Old 2001-07-26, 14:57
What is this place?

Okey, things that has to be changed:

-Less agressive
-The part of the GBA out of it (it are only remakes)

But Lightwing made a good suggestion; let's wait and find more info before we start with this
Old 2001-07-26, 17:56
The return of

well even if your going to send the message in whatever way you like you may iclude my name in it.(remeber make it as formal as possible )

Ahmad Ghourab
Old 2001-07-26, 18:14
Extraordinary Machine

That was a large leap to conclusion ET. Atres, El and Chaos were the only people who even disagreed (Atres for a different reason to that which you assumed.) And comparing it too the CB incident?

I said originaly... "something to this end needs to be done", then a list of others said somthing similar too. Of course we need to do something, just not so drastically.

Atres said, "we're just teenagers"... well, if it's thought out more precisely they don't even have to know that small fact right?

(LOL... I watched some of Crusade... not a patch on B5.)

Old 2001-07-26, 18:22
The return of

so you gonna include your full name too or what?
Old 2001-07-26, 18:32
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally posted by Keds

Atres said, "we're just teenagers"... well, if it's thought out more precisely they don't even have to know that small fact right?
Touché...