Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2004-06-28, 06:36
the legend

Something to keep you alive and -- (well) :p

hi musicians and all.

I made some songs, these are probably my best (theyre the newest ones), hope ya like it.

A very melodical and rhytmic one, with lots of melodys, and effects:
Cant see why
a funny one:
lol
a experiment/fusion, just great ^_^:
OverTheShore

and the SGK BEAT!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2004-06-28 at 06:47.
Old 2004-07-02, 00:26
twinsen sword master

now i own almost all your songs unless there are more???(i have searched all of the fan music for your music)(sorry its just i really like your songs)

im still lost in or who really knows how to spell it
Old 2004-07-02, 23:49
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximon
now i own almost all your songs unless there are more???(i have searched all of the fan music for your music)(sorry its just i really like your songs)
no need to be sorry about that, pal thx.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-07-03, 22:56
Previously Link

i like them a lot, lol is really nice, lol !
btw can u make midi songs for lba 1.5, cuz mine sucks indeed (i'm not a great composer) ?
Old 2004-07-04, 01:14
the legend

yeah sure!

it has to be midi? what file types you accept?

I myself prefer to make .MODs (or .IT), i can make midis aswell, but you know that midi instruments is no good..

Old 2004-07-04, 07:34
the legend

sorry im double-posting but hahahah its my own thread! im free!
=====

So i just want to show you guys my latest works and some older:

First of all, the long-awaited ODYSSEY!!!! thats right, my old songs from when i began to compose, my first project odyssey!
The file contains some images for u to make a cd! record it, print the covers and give it to a friend! ---> all this fully free! just dont use it without contacting me first in [email address] .
Btw, Kamies is my favorite song of it

--
arab Hunt is a freaky song that combines a bit with this one also, monday
--
and teste1.wav is a record i made (very very poorly, using a small cheap recorder!) with the song monday playing while i played the guitar... i done that since i dont have a band yet .

The guitar part is fully improvised... i was checking how the recorder works capturing 2 sound sources (the guitar and the song played in the computer) and i thought "it seems cool. Ill post in MBN" and thats it. lol.

Old 2004-07-05, 17:00
Previously Link

Yeaah that's nice ! Don't have time to download but i'll do it soon for sure !
About lba 1.5 musics, i know midi instrument sucks but dbp only reads mp3 or midi files.
mp3s would be to heavy to put on the internet though it would be much better...
Old 2004-07-09, 01:14
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
About lba 1.5 musics, i know midi instrument sucks but dbp only reads mp3 or midi files.
mp3s would be to heavy to put on the internet though it would be much better...
i understand... I had the same problem when i made my game (MBN and LBA!)
but as you can see (i mean, listen) i chose mp3 for obvious reasons, but i payed the price: added about 5mb to the game.

Im working in some ideas, fully midi songs, I need to know what kind of 'mood' you want the song to have?

Old 2004-07-10, 13:10
Neko

I checked 'can't see why'

quite a jolly tune
Old 2004-07-11, 00:05
the legend

neko, where can i getmore of your songs?

Old 2004-07-11, 10:45
Neko

There's one in the thread under this one

perhaps more are coming, but dunno when yet. I might enter a contest around september but it ain't sure yet.
Old 2004-07-14, 04:03
the legend

yea i listened to some of them., fields of narayar or aomething and another.. i forgot the name. But i want more!

Theres one called 'temple of Bu' and something, that is very very nice, i think its yours

Old 2004-07-14, 14:22
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
yea i listened to some of them., fields of narayar or aomething and another.. i forgot the name. But i want more!

Theres one called 'temple of Bu' and something, that is very very nice, i think its yours
Temple of buu? Sounds lbalike to me. What do you think of the small piece I mentioned below?
here.

Field of narayar is mine alright I like it since it's kinda simple and a logical progress in melody, predictable but still pretty good!
Temple of buu says not much to me, but it might be mine who knows, could be evyatar too btw. There should be a different sound quality then since he used reason from start and I used that nifty program a little later.
Old 2004-07-15, 00:37
the legend

what program u use? ( i always forget that..)

evyatar who?? and he uses what?

--

about the song, really complex! but I found it a bit messy 1:21 beyond, then in 1:30 it comes back...

The melody isnt much 'catchy' but its far complex than my songs, for sure... i think..
--
EDIT: btw, check one of my best songs (in my opinion) or atleast the one that has more sentiment/emotion to me.

heres the page of it: http://www.royworks.5u.com/odysseynew47.html (click in the Night Oh Cry text at the bottom right)

Old 2004-07-15, 04:43
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Evyatar Halimi = Evil-Twinsen
Old 2004-07-15, 12:50
Neko

Quote:
what program u use? ( i always forget that..)

evyatar who?? and he uses what?

--

about the song, really complex! but I found it a bit messy 1:21 beyond, then in 1:30 it comes back...

The melody isnt much 'catchy' but its far complex than my songs, for sure... i think..
--
EDIT: btw, check one of my best songs (in my opinion) or atleast the one that has more sentiment/emotion to me.

heres the page of it: http://www.royworks.5u.com/odysseynew47.html (click in the Night Oh Cry text at the bottom right)
About your song:
Is it supposed to be a little sad? It makes a little more sense that it's not completely in harmony, still a little too off with the bassline. There's already more or less a certain structure in the song I think, the idea of a song is much more obvious than before imo. I am not to fond of the melodylines but I think a little rework could turn this into a real nice track. But it's your track and only you should know how it's supposed.

Abut mine:
It's not a personal track, more or less an experiment, I'm doing a whole album of more or less minimal 'sessions' and this happens to be the first. It's not meant to be catchy really. Nice you like it

Programs I use:
For piano only songs like these I write it mainly in reason.
For tracks with beats I export every melodyline into madtracker to really build it up, then I export the bass, high end, beats into seperate wav files and master em in cool edit pro.

I might put up a new tune soon.
Old 2004-07-15, 22:50
the legend

About my song:
Ok, could you tell/teach me a bit of 'harmony' then?

--

About the program u use:
Lol, i didnt know reason is the name of the program. Got a link to it? (cos maybe if i search in google it will come out a lot of other stuff)

Old 2004-07-15, 23:22
Neko

Quote:
About my song:
Ok, could you tell/teach me a bit of 'harmony' then?

--

About the program u use:
Lol, i didnt know reason is the name of the program. Got a link to it? (cos maybe if i search in google it will come out a lot of other stuff)
Reason:
It's two cd's full of samples and one for the program
www.propellerheads.se should do it, but to download a full version....be creative

Harmony:
It's kinda tough to teach, usually when I write something I know exactly when it's offkey or not, but when I like the effect of it after a while I cannot even notice it's false anymore sometimes

Let's see, the basics:
1. Every melody has a main note, main key. I dunno how to explain everything in perfect english but I'll try.
This main key is important because it's the basic of your whole song. Even a snare drum can have a tone and can be offkey because, for example: Your melodyline is in C and your snare is a B. If you look at a piano, you see that the distance between a B and a C is...well they lay next to eachother perfectly. That distance is in Dutch/whatever language it comes from a 'half secunde'. if you play a B and a C at the same time you will hear how a half secunde accord sounds like, the most bitching false tone there is. This counts for every melodyline: Whenever your song is in F, don't play an E or a F# (notice how between the E and the F the distance is a half secunde, and between a F and a G there is two keys so that makes it a 'secunde', therefor playing a F and a G a the same time sounds a little better) if you don't want to make it false.

Okay this is so much text I would get it down to this:
1. Find the mainkey of your melody
2. Don't play any notes in your song that are a half secunde away from that main key (like if your key is D, don't play the two black keys that are next to the D) unless your about to play something evil.
3. make sure your bassline is also the same key, otherwise you will get some earpoppin tunes.

2. Most melodylines follow the classic rules of minor or major. This isn't always the case and can be a bit boring too but here goes:
The keys that are in harmony with the C-major are all the white ones starting from C. So that makes: CDEFGABC all the black keys will collide with your melody if your maintone is C. The C-minor goes like this: C D D# (the black key right from the D) F G A A# C

3. Now to get practical: If you start a melody with the C and it's the maintone, your next notes will make it either minor or major. When you play the E next, to stay in harmoney you will have to use the keys in the C-major leage, so playing an A# will make it either sound false or very mysterious (it can be good, it can be horrible).

4. This is all pretty hard to follow if you never knew anything about it, pointers I can give are:
The distance between notes stay the same. When you are talking about a B-minor, the distance between the notes are exactly as in C-minor. So that would make it: B C# D E F# G# A B Just play that for a whole and you'll see it's the same line. Also if A is your mainkey, the minor lead is ABCDEFGA - plain white keys.

I can't learn you more about harmony without my fingers falling off. Unless you go study piano this is what you have to deal with I'd suggest you save the text somewhere and easily reread it a few times when you feel like it. Using your ear and try to find the mainkey can be helpfull too, your ears can hear a lot more detail if you practise a few times.

Old 2004-07-15, 23:40
the legend

Woah!! thx!! wow

i read it all, and some parts are very similar to guitar (obviously). Yeah, looking at a piano may be easier to understand indeed.

thx, ill take a look at tis again afterwards, all this seems enough complicated to me already.

===

btw, im fixing my old songs! Ad ill tr to fix Night Oh Cry, maybe the bassline is really offkey, since some other people noticed that too

Old 2004-07-16, 13:08
Neko

Hehe,
you are welcome!

There's two ways of finding offkey tones:
1. By the ear, just listen to your own songs and when someone says it's false try to find the note that isn't right. Do this for sometime and you will easily notice it in the future
2. The logical way, by looking at what tone is the mainkey (you can hear it, you just can ) and see wether you play minor or major. sometimes a mix between those two can turn out to be stunningly harmonic in the good way, very nice. But usually it turns out either mysterious or ugly (personal taste).
Old 2004-07-16, 13:16
weee

Neko, get moonfruit out of your signature
[/offtopic]
Old 2004-07-16, 18:59
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Neko, get moonfruit out of your signature
[/offtopic]
Woah very offtopic. Why should I do that?
It's not like my signature stays for long, it should be replaced in a few weeks of so when I put in some random lyrics like always
Old 2004-07-17, 01:45
weee

LBA2 moonfruit site's owner sells illegal copies of LBA... not to mention he was banned once.
Old 2004-07-17, 12:27
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
LBA2 moonfruit site's owner sells illegal copies of LBA... not to mention he was banned once.
didn't he give em away for free? Ah well, it's not like that's a valid reason for me to take it out my sig. What he does and what is on his website is a diferent thing, he didn't post it on there did he?
But like I said: I don't intend to keep my sig for a long time, lyrics always return.
Old 2004-07-17, 19:13

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Some of you people are funny. There is almost no copy of LBA left out there, despite the fact that its STILL not abandonware. And yet, you desperatly try to do away with sources (although illegal ones) that have the game. I'm not FOR getting LBA pirated version (in fact, I think you miss out on a lot of things that way), but its better than NO LBA.