Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2005-02-02, 08:30
magada's Avatar
magada magada is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3
Hi guys!

PLEASE don't delete this. It's really nice to have a forum about LBA, which I played when I was 10, and is still my favorite game ever. I was wondering ( I read the thread about Abondonware ) if there is any place to still get LBA?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2005-02-02, 09:02
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,332
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by magada
PLEASE don't delete this. It's really nice to have a forum about LBA, which I played when I was 10, and is still my favorite game ever. I was wondering ( I read the thread about Abondonware ) if there is any place to still get LBA?
Send me an e-mail (because it has to do with something, with the W at the beginning, and the Z at the end), here: [email address].
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2005-02-02, 10:52
Master Cheater's Avatar
Master Cheater Master Cheater is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by magada
PLEASE don't delete this. It's really nice to have a forum about LBA, which I played when I was 10, and is still my favorite game ever. I was wondering ( I read the thread about Abondonware ) if there is any place to still get LBA?
There are two modes: Legal and Illegal (commonly refered to as 'Warez'). Lba 1/2 are still supported by their makers, so they aren't 'dumped' and allowed to be downloaded illegaly. There maybe some shops which still has Lba 2 (I still bought Lba 2 legally!), but I dunno about Lba 1 though.
__________________
Hi!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2005-02-02, 13:19
the_angry_monkey's Avatar
the_angry_monkey the_angry_monkey is offline
formerly just angry
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Bradford, UK
Posts: 2,530
www.ebay.co.uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...166770594&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...166784801&rd=1

etc etc

and welcome
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2005-02-02, 14:41
xesf's Avatar
xesf xesf is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,827
Yeah, the best could be Ebay. You have lots of choices there.

Welcome Magada and enjoy your stay.
__________________
LBA2Remake v0.4.0 released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 2 original engine for the web.
[Play on Browser]|[Changes]|[Github]


The Sacred Carrot website
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2005-02-02, 15:07
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,332
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Cheater
Lba 1/2 are still supported by their makers, so they aren't 'dumped' and allowed to be downloaded illegaly.
How come, if the company, who made the two games, doesn't even exist anymore. And just because one of the programmers in the team is making a Windows port of LBA 1 (= LBAWin), it still doesn't mean, that the games are being supported. How come, that someone supports two old games, but doesn't make the third game, becuase they aregued?

Actually, what you put is the address for the UK eBay. And if magada is not from the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
Yeah, the best could be Ebay. You have lots of choices there.

Welcome Magada and enjoy your stay.
However, I disagree with you, angry, and alexfont, because you can't actually force someone to buy the game.

Magada, just send me the e-mail ([email address]), OK?
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2005-02-02, 15:23
the_angry_monkey's Avatar
the_angry_monkey the_angry_monkey is offline
formerly just angry
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Bradford, UK
Posts: 2,530
Obras - it doesn't matter whether the company exists or not, what is being infringed is intellectual property which remains outside the corporation.

Also I only put UK links because I don't know where this guy is from - plus almost all sellers will post abroad, and a £2.00 you can afford to do that!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2005-02-02, 15:40
xesf's Avatar
xesf xesf is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
However, I disagree with you, angry, and alexfont, because you can't actually force someone to buy the game.
I don't force anyone to buy the game. It was only a suggestion. And even if the Magada get an illegal version we could always search for the orginal too. Exactly what happens to me. I pass 9 years having an illegal version of LBA1 because I didn't have the chance to buy, but one year ago, I had and buy it.
...and you know I'm in Portugal... the game comes from UK
__________________
LBA2Remake v0.4.0 released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 2 original engine for the web.
[Play on Browser]|[Changes]|[Github]


The Sacred Carrot website
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2005-02-02, 16:33
morshem's Avatar
morshem morshem is offline
Magic level: Ice Ball
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Beʼer Sheva, Israel
Posts: 20,073
Send a message via MSN to morshem
Welcome Megada
__________________
Hlomap, my little LBA website.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2005-02-02, 16:34
LBAWinOwns's Avatar
LBAWinOwns LBAWinOwns is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,571
Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Welcome1!
__________________

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2005-02-02, 18:28
Panda's Avatar
Panda Panda is offline
Still in a dream...
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
How come, if the company, who made the two games, doesn't even exist anymore. And just because one of the programmers in the team is making a Windows port of LBA 1 (= LBAWin), it still doesn't mean, that the games are being supported. How come, that someone supports two old games, but doesn't make the third game, becuase they aregued?

Actually, what you put is the address for the UK eBay. And if magada is not from the UK?


However, I disagree with you, angry, and alexfont, because you can't actually force someone to buy the game.

Magada, just send me the e-mail ([email address]), OK?
A) The copyright still exists. If you knew anything about a legal system, you would know that.

B) Most British (And indeed American) eBayers post abroad.

C) Nobody is forcing anyone. We just don't support the warez version.

D) Welcome Magada.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2005-02-02, 23:32
magada's Avatar
magada magada is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3
Wow, so many replies so quickly. I'm glad to find a forum full of dedicated members! =D . Well, I'm gonna try and find some way of getting LBA pretty soon. I just listened to the music from the game off of some geocites website and it brought back so many memories from the game.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2005-02-03, 11:24
Master Cheater's Avatar
Master Cheater Master Cheater is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by magada
Wow, so many replies so quickly. I'm glad to find a forum full of dedicated members! =D . Well, I'm gonna try and find some way of getting LBA pretty soon. I just listened to the music from the game off of some geocites website and it brought back so many memories from the game.
Yes, well, most people had their ways through this forum. Once you'll learn to this place, you'll realise it's a bit like an 'insanity' prison in a way. ( )

So enjoy your stay, and if you have any (Lba 2) related problems, don't hesitate to ask me. Or someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
A) The copyright still exists. If you knew anything about a legal system, you would know that.

B) Most British (And indeed American) eBayers post abroad.

C) Nobody is forcing anyone. We just don't support the warez version.

D) Welcome Magada.
Hehe, I was right in the whole post. n_n.
__________________
Hi!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2005-02-04, 14:26
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
yo.
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2005-02-04, 16:18
Ganondorf's Avatar
Ganondorf Ganondorf is offline
the power of the triforce
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 10
welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2005-02-04, 17:30
Kitarii's Avatar
Kitarii Kitarii is offline
You what?!
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 6,731
welcome to you too ganondorf!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2005-02-04, 17:42
Bot13's Avatar
Bot13 Bot13 is offline
Look beyond reality.
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fortress Island.
Posts: 2,708
Hi !

I'm bot13, let me introduce myself.
I own the place here, and I'm a newbie, so don't take any of my words serious
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Did you know? Over 30 million people lurk the MBN every day. We who actually post here are like celebrities to them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi Guys. First Time Poster chance933 Member Announcements 9 2005-03-24 19:54
did you miss me, guys? SpaceGuitarist Member Announcements 11 2005-03-13 21:24
I'm a newbie from Mexico, guys... El_Mexicana Member Announcements 16 2004-09-24 08:03
Hey guys! jojo2 Member Announcements 3 2004-06-07 20:29
girls, guys check in: Neko Off topic 30 2002-11-14 15:23


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:19.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network