Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2016-12-05, 02:43
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
New videoclip!

Hey everyone, with the new rules I guess I may post it here.

Rancourt is my ongoing music project here in MTL currently. Still this clip doesn't feature the whole band but only the main composer.
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-12-05, 20:50
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel22 View Post
Hey everyone, with the new rules I guess I may post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HoVCqYlwEM

Rancourt is my ongoing music project here in MTL currently. Still this clip doesn't feature the whole band but only the main composer.
is that you?
Old 2016-12-06, 00:56
FreemanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
is that you?
No it's the main singer. RANCOURT is actually his last name.

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-12-10, 21:51
the legend

Hey gravel!

This is really nice.
I suppose your part in this is actually the filming and editing, as well as recording? based on what I remember from you on this forum.

The intro scenes are sweet and I like the poetic tone the overral clip carries. Your shots and movements are so sweet! Gimbals really do make ALL the difference, eh. If I was to complain anything about the shots would only be that the singer doesn't look so enthusiastic while singing, he's a bit unexpressive (but that might have been intentional, or he's simply shy). That scene where he waves back at the girl and gets fooled felt... so, so very much relatable , I shared his pain in the moment. Great acting, perfectly conveyed the awkwardness. I totally dig his outfit. Stylish, discreet, unique, really like it.

The music itself didn't really touch me, then again I don't speak french so it means I'm discarding the entire lyrics and basing myself on the melody only. The instrumental solo attracted me the most.

Is this Canada?

And one question, how does it work over there regarding registering your music and copyrights... how do you prevent people from ripping your tune or claiming it's theirs? what's the best way to protect a composition? do you register at all, or simply, "because you have uploaded first, you are the owner" kind of protection?

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2016-12-15, 23:37
FreemanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Hey gravel!

This is really nice.
I suppose your part in this is actually the filming and editing, as well as recording? based on what I remember from you on this forum.
Yes I've recorded the EP album in my studio, mixed and mastered it. Then we've made the videoclip I've offered him as a birthday present.

Quote:
The intro scenes are sweet and I like the poetic tone the overral clip carries. Your shots and movements are so sweet! Gimbals really do make ALL the difference, eh. If I was to complain anything about the shots would only be that the singer doesn't look so enthusiastic while singing, he's a bit unexpressive (but that might have been intentional, or he's simply shy). That scene where he waves back at the girl and gets fooled felt... so, so very much relatable , I shared his pain in the moment. Great acting, perfectly conveyed the awkwardness. I totally dig his outfit. Stylish, discreet, unique, really like it.
Unfortunately I knew sharing it here wouldn't have lots of impact because most of the people doesn't speak french. The acting is related to the lyrics which talks about him being really noob with girls. He sings chorus like "I'm afraid of hers and they're afraid of me". The acting is actually good since it's related to the lyrics.

Quote:
Is this Canada?
Yep province of Quebec and city of Montreal.

Quote:
And one question, how does it work over there regarding registering your music and copyrights... how do you prevent people from ripping your tune or claiming it's theirs? what's the best way to protect a composition? do you register at all, or simply, "because you have uploaded first, you are the owner" kind of protection?
I think we can register a band name in Canada but we cannot register a song. We live on it was first uploaded by and internet time registering. Before internet people used to registered mail and sent their originals to mail service and never opened the letter. So if you get steal, you would have a registered official letter with the proof inside that it's yours.

Thanks for your comments man

Old 2016-12-16, 00:52
the legend

Thanks for the reply and for taking the time to post this, even though most of us don't speak french. Could you put the lyrics on the video's description or here, so we can at least google translate or something?

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2016-12-16, 11:46
Polly parrot

"I am in lack of plural denomination
The "I" would like to be a "we", but there is a good amount of "her/she" missing (same word in french)
I am confined to myself, I am my own Babel Tower
I could rise alone but it's going to be flat even when I'll touch the sky

But, they are not coming towards me
But me, I am afraid of them

I function with dreams, since the few stars I manage to reach
Are way to complicated for me to think about holding to
I endure myself, you gotta do it, it's not hard, it looks nice (this is more of a play on sounds than a real sentence, 1:45 in the vid)
It would be enough, it would be enough to just keep to the ground

But, they are afraid of me

(stop motion and girl-waving scene)

But me, I am afraid of them"

Didn't put any punctuation 'cause I feel to tired to try and guess it
Old 2016-12-16, 14:19
the legend

Omg polly that wasn't necessary! Wow... so much hard work... Whoa. Thanks!!

Yeah the acting is spot on according to these lyrics.

I just wonder now if the guy is actually like this or is this a "poetic freedom exploration" kind of thing.

Old 2016-12-16, 19:58
FreemanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
"I am in lack of plural denomination
The "I" would like to be a "we", but there is a good amount of "her/she" missing (same word in french)
I am confined to myself, I am my own Babel Tower
I could rise alone but it's going to be flat even when I'll touch the sky

I function with dreams, since the few stars I manage to reach
Are way to complicated for me to think about holding to
I endure myself, you gotta do it, it's not hard, it looks nice (this is more of a play on sounds than a real sentence, 1:45 in the vid)
It would be enough, it would be enough to just keep to the ground

(stop motion and girl-waving scene)

But me, I am afraid of them"

Didn't put any punctuation 'cause I feel to tired to try and guess it
Hey awesome Polaris thanks a lot

Old 2016-12-17, 01:08
Polly parrot

You're welcome
Actually this one was rather easy (I swear I'll work on the interview in January pls don't be mad at me).
Old 2016-12-17, 01:22
the legend

Yeah that's so awesome polly! Now everything makes sense, and I've must've watched the clip 2 or 3 times now, with the lyrics beside it, sorting out which word means what (I do speak portuguese so, some french words which are similar, now associated with it's meaning in english, strike out more obviously to me than before), now the song is very much appreciatable. Mostly because I resonate in some ways with what he's singing... it's sad, but relatable, which somehow makes me less sad about it.

Old 2016-12-17, 01:45
Polly parrot

I know that feeling
Also, that's why latin languages are awesome !
Old 2016-12-17, 02:00
the legend

Speaking of french, and the awesomeness of Latin languages, my band did a cover of a french song:

I know the pronounciation is not perfect but, it's pretty alright, no?

Old 2017-01-02, 03:23
the legend

OH WELL.

huteyjtdutgfdsqwtytrrswe

Old 2017-01-02, 13:28
Neko

cool funny to see you on a video, like moving images.

i don't really speak french xD
Old 2017-01-03, 03:13
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
cool funny to see you on a video, like moving images
eh, not sure what to say about this... btw did you get the guitar up and working finally?

Old 2017-01-03, 11:30
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
eh, not sure what to say about this... btw did you get the guitar up and working finally?
i mean, it makes you more of a person than just an avatar on a forum

no not yet! but i did record vocals for my tune