Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Creations - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Creations - General The place for the creative LBA fans.

Old 2003-03-07, 12:23
Boddah

Neverwinter nights

Does anyone want to make an lba mod. Im getting nwn sometime next week and i want to make an lba mod.
T.H.E.:Technician Hardwired for Exploration
E.L.F.:Entity Limited to Fighting

visit my site:

www.ramondshut.cjb.net

Old 2003-03-07, 13:36
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Whoa...finaly...someone with sense to use the most modable game in the world for a mod D
Well, Im busy with other projects but I'll help with advice and stuff.
The Neverwinter Nights site/forum are exclent source of help when you have a spacific problem.
You can also use 3DS Max to make models for neverwinter, but you can already get loads of models for just about everything.
Old 2003-03-07, 18:11
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Before that game was released I thought of buying it and make a LBA mod, but then I became realistic and remembered that it was a RPG and that I would probably never finish it.
Old 2003-06-18, 21:36

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I don't know how well that will turn out, since Relentless sets itself in a world with a bit more technological advancement than that of NWN. I would think that you would than have to calibrate a lot of the aspets of the mod (i.e. making guns that shoot, elevators, perhaps moving viehcles). Though if you wonna go about it that way, I'd go with the Morrowind Mod. Mainly because it allows for you to contain more visual detail and the mod editor it has is also broad (allows you to do almost anything). But I take it you don't have Morrowind -_-
Old 2003-06-18, 22:10
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Im pretty sure Neverwinter is far more customisble then morrowind

Actualy, projectiles in neverwinter isnt too hard really.
At least, Granades are out soon...(or might be already).

Theres a catapult based game someone made in it too.
Old 2003-06-19, 00:25

I can't argue against the NWN Mod Developer because I have never used it. But I can say that Morrowind Construction Set allows for maximum development. Anything, (if you know how to script) and I mean anything, can be constructed and planned.

Though, I still think we should stick with something like Half-Life mod. Things like NWN and Morrowind fit a more primative world. Course...we could always do that with this LBA mod...but then it wouldn't really be LBA now would it -_-
Old 2003-06-19, 11:21
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Having used both editors, they are actually both quite user-friendly, though NWN is a tad bit easier with constructing 'levels'.
Old 2003-06-19, 12:37
Classic

well, if your trying to make an LBA-style game out of any level editor then give-up.

Whatever you use, the chances of getting decent ball-movement are slim to none.
It would take a lot of advanced scripting, to get just that one feture of LBA.

Then what about the movement modes? Trying to make custom menus??

No.
And I really dought halflife will be any easier.
---
However, I thought a LBA-themed semi-RPG would be quite nice.

The outside Landscape tile-sets in neverwinter are pretty LBA-ish....just make a few custom models for the more mordern stuff.

Id love an LBA rpg, and it would be pretty easy to make in NWN.

Especialy with the vaste about of downloadable resources for it.
Old 2003-06-20, 04:53

Well, if you are looking for an easier modeler, don't stick with Morrowind Construction Set. Its too time taking for something which you will not get paid for, anyway. NWN is probably also more LBAish because it mainly uses the 3rd-person from the top shot (although you can always fix your own camera angle). I just think that Morrowind (because its first person) allows for more manuverability and live action gameplay instead of the point and click style.
Old 2003-06-20, 11:53
Classic

Thats precisely why theres a few camera cracks for NWN being worked on
Old 2003-06-20, 12:23
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Some implanting first person movement :-]
Old 2003-06-20, 21:20

In my opinion, NWN shouldn't be 1st person because the level of detail is rather low in comparison to many of today's 1st person games.
Old 2003-06-20, 23:14
Classic

well, I presume people who use the first person mode would use higher-res custom skins for the textures.
Old 2003-07-08, 18:14
Here.

Re: Neverwinter nights

Quote:
Originally posted by Raymond_the_elf
Does anyone want to make an lba mod. Im getting nwn sometime next week and i want to make an lba mod.
I've thought about that, however there are some difficulties...

1) It is very difficult to make skins in NwN, and since we will be needing a rather large amount of skins (for each race, well, it's only about 5) we will need a skinner...

2) I don't know if anyone knows how to import models (building models, ets) into NwN, since I'm not much of a 3Dmodler, I can't do any mpoddling, however, I know that some people have ready mdels of the buildings, and am wondering if it would be possible to import those...

We would not need the playerto be twinsen, they can just go exploring as themselves in a LBA world, and get quests etc... we could, if we make it far enough, go to zeelich and other islands using portals, I think we should start by making only Citadel Island, and work up from there...

A question we need to think of: we will probably need to start the game off in the begining of LBA 1, then we can get to LBA 2 (2 diffrent modules) then perhaps we can have an LBA "aftermath" If we ever get that far

Some people say we should have LBA weapons, but I think we should stick with regular NwN characters and their weapons, it would make it easier to do that at least for the begining...

We will also have to ignore the Dome of Slate and most of the School of Magic quests, considering that they are not doable in NwN
Old 2003-07-11, 21:20
Classic

Neverwinter can do anything, the question is how much effort you want to spend customising stuff.

Using just the tools provided you can make landscapes, quests, customised weapons and charecters (trust me, their pretty changeable even with just playing with combinations of existing models and cloaths).

You can do most of this without even touching scripting too.

However, to do more customisation, say 3D buildings, you need 3DS Max.
While other 3D modeling apps are techicaly possible, they built the game with Max, and have hence written plug ins that NWN developers can download for free.
(with tutorials, forum support ect ect.)

Its the same with most things you want to do, they would require extra tools, but they are all possible.

Overall, start with basic NWN, and slowly make more and more progression towards LBA.