Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2009-06-03, 21:42
Idyllic + whimsical

The gameplay presentation was great, can't wait for that one.
Also usually graphics don't make me feel anything but here they're just gorgeous.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2009-06-03, 21:47
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Alan Wake (360) -
You sound like it's an exclusive, when they clearly state it's also a PC game.
There was talk of AW long before there was Xbox...
Old 2009-06-03, 21:49
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberg-Ares View Post
Seriously Axx, can't we just ask? Like "uhm, Fred, are you working on BG&E2 yes/no?".
And what makes you think I don't If you don't hear anything, its because on most occassions he takes months to respond. That or by some grand miracle, he didn't get my last two emails.

Anyway, I received the following email on Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Raynal
Hello Ahmad,

xxx
You can send me a few questions, even if I don't think I have a lot to say yet.

Best regards,
Fred.
To which I responded
Quote:
Hi Fred,

xxx

On to the questions, this time they are going from the MBN. Feel free to choose the one's you'd like to answer. Personally, I have only one question, that is:-
  • You said the time was ripe for LBA3 during my visit to lyon, and you hinted that the start of production would be after your completion of one large project before it first. Does that still hold true today? If you were to guess, when would LBA3 see the light of day?

From Darkflame:-
  • Whats your involvement, if any, with Ubisoft at the moment?
  • Are you still working on/or consulting on any other DS Games?
  • Are you still in touch with other members of the original Adeline team?
  • What do you think are the main advantages/disadvantages to the games industry now, compared with when they first made Alone in the Dark?
From Link
  • Do you still visit the MBN like he used to ?
  • What improvement would you focus on if you were to make LBA3 ?
  • If you were given unlimited money and time and could work with anybody you wanted to, what kind of project would he make ?
From Shawks
  • - How far along is the project you are currently working on/When do think they will announce the game and for what platform(s)?
  • - What is your favourite game so far this gen, including handhelds.
From Dino-Fly
  • -Could you clarify the graphical style you would like for LBA3?

Best of luck with your projects, I look forward to playing another game developed by yourself!

Kind Regards
Ahmad
So to make a long story short, I do email him, and his response timeliness is quite terrible, but I learnt to live with it! I also emailed him again, still no response.
Old 2009-06-03, 22:21
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
You sound like it's an exclusive, when they clearly state it's also a PC game.
There was talk of AW long before there was Xbox...
Yes, but the Xbox game is what the preview is from.
I also havnt seen of the PC version in awhile.
My guess is it might come a little later.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:21
Magic Ball Master

Does anybody know what's happening to IGN? I'd like to view some of their videos, but whenever I click a video link, I get redirected to http://uk.wrapper.ign.com/, a page that doesn't even exist. Like what is going on?
Go here, click on the video and see what happens.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:24
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Does anybody know what's happening to IGN? I'd like to view some of their videos, but whenever I click a video link, I get redirected to http://uk.wrapper.ign.com/, a page that doesn't even exist. Like what is going on?
Go here, click on the video and see what happens.
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354...emo_e3_p1.html

That's working for me. The only issue I've had is some of IGN's E3 coverage required Move movie player, which annoyed me.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:30
Magic Ball Master

Nope, that link doesn't work for me. I get the black background, the top bar with "IGN Entertainment" on it, but then the screen goes white and Firefox gives me a message that "uk.wrapper.ign.com" couldn't be found.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:40
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Nope, that link doesn't work for me. I get the black background, the top bar with "IGN Entertainment" on it, but then the screen goes white and Firefox gives me a message that "uk.wrapper.ign.com" couldn't be found.
No idea, it's working for me...all IGN videos for that matter, I just watched a preview of Arkham Asylum as well.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:42
Magic Ball Master

When I visit IGN from Germany, I always get redirected to the "uk." part of their site, no matter what link I click. Now what, should I use a proxy just to get their site working? This sucks.
Old 2009-06-04, 22:12
Idyllic + whimsical

Just Cause 2
I played and reviewed the first game in the past, and even though it was unpolished it was still fun, so I'm really looked forward for this one.
The grappling thingy looks like lots of fun and I particularly liked what they did in the 04:40 bit of the video, also the car chase in ~07:40 is a massive improvement on something that was already fun on its own.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)

Last edited by Rex_Hollywood; 2009-06-04 at 22:22.
Old 2009-06-05, 08:58
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Yes, that looks pretty fun indeed.
--

New Mario Wii hands on -
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3174621&p=44

Quote:
"I've personally been calling NSMB Wii internally a sort of 'multiplay-singleplay-hybrid-action game,' where, as a single player, you've got a game that requires a lot of strategy, a lot of thinking on how to do it. And then you've got, when you're doing multiplayer, all the different ways you can do it..

Sounds pretty fun, and yes, it is a completely new game.

Needs more charecters though, hopefully they add more before release.
Old 2009-06-05, 13:51
Classic

Zelda Artwork has leaked.

Already people have worked out that...
Spoiler:

She is the master sword.
Her figure and clothing match exactly, down to the parturn on her legs matching the hilt.

An interesting development, but a logical one, given the obvious gameplay excuse for the sword to be a focus.
Its most likely she acts as the companion charecter. Which is a shame, as Midna ownz her. Midna ownz everyon....but I digress.
She still could be pretty cool though. A personified sword would be interesting to see fighting in human form.

That said, the talking sword cliche, is...well..a cliche. So I hope she is mute and commutates veer charades.

Also, judgeing by link, it seems to be the one from Twlight Princess, but a bit older.
Which is fine by me. Same console = Same link seems to have been a longstanding paturn.
Old 2009-06-05, 14:29
Magic Ball Master

Wait, now we're getting a new Wii Zelda too? I thought that it was going to only be the DS game?

Bah, I always get my hopes up for Zelda, but IMHO, TP was mediocre. Hopefully this isn't more of the same.
Old 2009-06-05, 15:03
Classic

A new wii zelda was confirmed to be in development awhile, but this is the first seen of it in any form.
It will still be ages before release though, as these things are very big projects.
--
I still don't get why TP gets so much flack, yet TWW gets a free pass.
TWW must have been half the length and at least 5 times more repetitive, with 1/3rd the items. Does a cartoony style really excuse so much?
Old 2009-06-05, 15:22
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I still don't get why TP gets so much flack, yet TWW gets a free pass.
TWW must have been half the length and at least 5 times more repetitive, with 1/3rd the items. Does a cartoony style really excuse so much?
We've had this argument more than a few times regarding the latest incarnation of Zelda. WW doesn't get a pass, many people don't like it. But those of us that do liked several aspects - the graphics, the exploration, the sidequests, and the story, which is pretty damn nifty. The dungeons were great in their design, and I really enjoyed the game in spite of its "cartoonish" feel.

TP is huge but it doesn't have a whole lot to do. Most of it is empty fields and the towns are not only sparse, but most of the people there are just doing nothing/don't contribute to the atmosphere. Sidequests are pretty much capturing a bunch of glowing bugs. It tries too hard to be OoT. The dungeons didn't impress me much, I found them to be repetitive. The story was very generic - and that's my biggest criticism. It was a *good* game, just not a good Zelda game, imho. You can take that story and pretty much insert it into another title and it wouldn't miss a beat, because it was very cookie cutter.

Much like MM, TP's biggest fault (for me) was the wolf thing. I don't want to play as Link as a Zora, or as a wolf, or as a clusterfuck of pudding. I can handle the adult/young Link, though. It's like when Sonic Team decided to randomly turn Sonic into a fucking werehog...why? It's retarded. Nobody wants it.

The storylines of these games aren't especially important when you consider at the fundamental core, it's Link vs. Ganon to save Zelda. But at the same time, I like how Wind Waker sort of re-invented the series. I'd honestly like to see a move more towards Wind Waker and the Oracle GBA games than towards TP which tried to be OoT and failed.
Old 2009-06-06, 10:59
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Much like MM, TP's biggest fault (for me) was the wolf thing. I don't want to play as Link as a Zora, or as a wolf, or as a clusterfuck of pudding. I can handle the adult/young Link, though. It's like when Sonic Team decided to randomly turn Sonic into a fucking werehog...why? It's retarded. Nobody wants it.
I think the wolf thing was good. Fact is that Zelda games have many times tried to add another dimension to the game in order to be able to make more complex puzzles. Be it a dark/light world system or be it a Link/wolf system. They both allow the puzzles to contain some sort of cooperation, the player gets challenged and must think how to overcome problem using several "dimensions".

For me the bad thing with TP was the first fishing part which was totally inexcusable, and that I always got stuck in the dungeons because it was impossible to know where to be because they were so huge. No game should just be walking around doing nothing, it should be action or some sort of a fun challenge.

Darkflame - Well I think WW was better, mainly because of the "cartoonish style" and it's incredible music and atmosphere in general. There were still stuff with it that made it a bit bad too.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2009-06-06, 19:23
Magic Ball Master

What's the problem with the fishing? Just read the manual. [/played the GameCube version]
Old 2009-06-06, 20:07
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
It's by no means possible to figure out by logic how to fish with the wii-mote. Players should for the love of god be able to do it without reading any manual.

In fact it's so hard that I believe I've must have slipped and pressed away some part of the instructions when playing.

As for the Gamecube version I've no idea, I played the wii-version. If you google on it. You'll notice the huge amount of people asking on forums for help, all the explaining videos on youtube, and more.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2009-06-14, 19:16
formerly just angry

IMHO the handheld Zeldas are always far superior - less of the get an item, use an item mentality.
Old 2009-06-15, 14:01
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey View Post
IMHO the handheld Zeldas are always far superior - less of the get an item, use an item mentality.
Well, I think it depends, I remember not being able to reach the level 4 dungeon in LoZ because I could find the goddamned motherfucking cocksucking raft for like 2 years. I lost two years of my childhood because of that, fucker.

Old 2009-06-19, 00:23
Do the evolution.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Hype-Massacre

This kinda sums it up nicely!
Old 2009-06-19, 11:30
Classic

===
The first part with the cat/fishing was very annoying in TP, cant argue with that.
I could catch the fish fairly easily, but giving it to the cat I pressed the wrong button twice. Very annoying.
I wont defend that at all.
But it was barely 1 hour out of a 60hour+ game, and the later proper fishing mechanics are *brillent*
Compared to TWW which half was litteraly "sailing around doing nothing", or pointless fetch quests, its a minor part of the game. (and why didnt TWW have fishing at all O_o)

Regarding items; I found TP better then Oot and TWW in that respect actualy. You always tend to use the item you just picked up straight away the most. But TP had the wind-boomerang and a few other bits used right upto the end. No more a problem then other games anyway.

That said, I really think (and I rant about this a lot) the next Zelda game should have Zack-and-Wiki style puzzles. That is, base the puzzles on stuff found in the enviroment instead of inventory items so much.
Lots of physics and chain-reaction style puzzles would be nice.
The main items in the game should be all multi-use. For example, the clasic Zelda bottle could become a very important item indeed. (pick up some oil in it, poor it on a pool of water, then you cut a branch of a nearby tree using your sword, set fire to it, then the poor of water, thus triggering some bombs on the other side of the water, which clears your path...for example)
===

Anyway, a bit late, but Scribblenauts (DS) is looking cool;

A shotgun wielding God on a skateboard faces off against Cthulhu. Fight!

Basicaly, the game lets you type words in to make items and creatures appear helping you progress. The game apperently has a 10,000 word vocab of potential objects.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:02
Classic

Oh, and some stills from the Monkey Island remake (Xbox/PC)

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/medi...13/imgs_1.html
Old 2009-06-19, 20:13
weee

Wait, they're also making Monkey Island remake? Cool.

edit: woo,

They mean business.

Tags
games, videogames