Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-12-18, 17:22
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Oh, I agree 100%.
I just don't think people were used too it.
Also, I admit I got a bit fed up at the start looking for those kids. Somehow I couldn't find the last one. I mean, seriously, the world had a apocalypse because I couldn't find a darn kid that was hiding someone

But yes, the time loop aspect was awesome overall.
I loved how everyone in the world was on a 3-day cycle,wondering about and living their lives. (and how you could mess up their cycle).
I'd loved to see another game try that idea.
Old 2013-12-19, 03:29
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Oh, I agree 100%.
I just don't think people were used too it.
Also, I admit I got a bit fed up at the start looking for those kids. Somehow I couldn't find the last one. I mean, seriously, the world had a apocalypse because I couldn't find a darn kid that was hiding someone

But yes, the time loop aspect was awesome overall.
I loved how everyone in the world was on a 3-day cycle,wondering about and living their lives. (and how you could mess up their cycle).
I'd loved to see another game try that idea.
Lemme guess... you could never find the kid who was on the roof by the stock pot inn.. lol

And what was worse, was when you finally did find them, they would take off like lightning and scurried around fast as hell and were almost impossible to catch!... heheh ahhhhh good times those were.

Oh and I always thought being the Goron was awesome. You could roll around Termina SO fast! And kill, like, everything with those spikes!

Damn now I wanna play again. My N64 is sitting in front of my TV right now and already has the Majoras Mask cartridge in it.... *SO tempted...*

Last edited by Zee; 2013-12-19 at 03:35.
Old 2013-12-19, 11:42
Polly parrot

I really hope they'll re-release on 3DS... I've never played Majora's Mask

Last edited by Polaris; 2013-12-19 at 17:34.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:26
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
A 3DS release would be fantastic! Perhaps add a few camera-related features too.
Old 2013-12-19, 17:35
Polly parrot

I don't know, developing with the 3D in mind hasn't given anything good so far... Take the view behind your back in street fighter 4... Total chaos...
I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Old 2013-12-19, 20:24
Classic

Oh, no, The in game camera can stay the same, its already just fine.

I meant using the 3DS's real cameras for some random extra. Just add a feature or two taking advantage of the new hardware features. Like LinksAwakeningDX did way back with the GBC.
MGS3 port on the 3DS let you take pictures and use them for ingame camo textures which I thought was pretty cool.
Old 2013-12-26, 05:57
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Majora's Mask is excellent. Very underrated in the series.
Indeed! It is, for me, one of the best titles of the series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I think the disturbing atmosphere of MM is why its so underrated; because it so different than your typical Zelda games. Im thinking that a lot of fans didnt particularly like the direction that they went with the game.
MM was, in my opinion, one of the more difficult Zelda games though. with all the side quests that you have to do to get the masks and having to go back in time constantly...
it definitely deserves a better reputation than it has though.

I think i like the wind waker the most personally (i think the soundtrack has a lot to do with that though). oh and i thought the Rito Tribe that was introduced were totally badass lol
Yea, it was definitely harder than the others... but that is one of the things that makes games cool, isn't it? And that atmosphere fits the game perfectly, because of all that is happening to Termina in the 3-day time space. If you think about it, the Moon is going to fall and the world is full of monsters attacking everything, so why shouldn't the atmosphere be like that?

Quote:
I think when it first game out people were put off by the 3day timeloop aspect. But once you get past that, it really all fits.
The atmosphere is awesome, its dark in the proper sense, and the ending has some emotional punch. Great gameplay gimmicks too.

It obviously wasn't as revolution as OoT, basically the same engine, and landscape/item reuse a fair bit too. But everything else was improved.

Wind Waker ranks pretty low for me....except the music. Cant argue there. LOVE the soundtrack. This;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRv8gnBMiWM
Rocks.
(probably posted that 3 times now )

Nothing wrong with short
(as long as the price isnt silly for the length *looks at his old copy of Another Code for the DS*)

Wind Waker soundtrack is simply amazing... I have it on my Soundcloud video-game album and I listen to it all the time :3
The one I most like is Dragon Roost island theme

And that video, WOW! That was surely amazing, and that guy can play so many instruments u.u
Old 2014-03-31, 23:56
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
This goes to all you adventure nostalgic freaks like myself -
You. Must. Play. Deponia!
It's a trilogy of point'n'click adventure games... probably the closer stuff I've ever seen to Monkey Island 3. Get it!
I'm currently playing Deponia 2 and I'm loving it so much.
It even works on my crappy laptop

I also played Edna & Harvey by the same company. It's a good adventure game, but it's obvious they were quite short on founds when they published it: really poor graphics and almost no animation. Still a good game though.
Old 2014-04-01, 01:12
Magic Ball Master

I wish I could, but I have so little time now that I can barely play the games that I have... I have like 30 games on wait on my steam
Old 2014-04-01, 01:20
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

I know the feeling. Most of the games I have on steam, I didn't even install them, due to my lack of time. Today I had some time and I decided to start Deponia 2, but I finished the first one a month ago or something.
Old 2014-04-10, 23:43
Father of Shoda

Played The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 yesterday. I really like the style and story of this game, it kinda makes me nostalgic and think of those old games (Sam and Max hits the road, Day of the tentacle etc) and it's a good feeling! I recommend it for anyone who are into those old mystery-solving games.

spoilers:
Spoiler:
I was really surprised that Crane wasn't the killer (or seemingly so) , My guess is that it's someone you won't suspect or one of those old fairytale bad guys/gals. Right now my guess is on either the flycatcher or the evil witch in snow-white and the 12 dwarfs

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2014-04-11, 00:08
Classic

I'll probably play it at some point - I have just got into the Fables comics recently. Took me awhile, but good stuff. (Not as good as Unwritten mind, but thats a high bar).
Bigby reminds me very much of Constantine from Hellblazer.

Anyway...still got 3 seasons of the new Sam & Max games I bought but never got around to playing. Did play BttF and TomI, so I am slowly working my way over Tell Tales whole collection
Old 2014-04-11, 00:20
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

The Wolf Among Us and the new Walking Dead season are on top of my list. As soon as they finish all episodes and I have time I will rush to get them
Old 2014-04-15, 13:34
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

I finished the Deponia trilogy. It was great, I haven't played adventure games like those for ages! I have other titles in my steam library waiting to be played, like Book of Untold legends (already started it, it looks nice, but way too easy), critter cronicles, machinarium, mata hari, stacking, ben there done that, gemini rue, primordia... If I didn't have responsabilities I'd gladly lock myself in my room and say goodbye to my social life.
Old 2014-04-16, 04:55
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streg View Post
I finished the Deponia trilogy. It was great, I haven't played adventure games like those for ages! I have other titles in my steam library waiting to be played, like Book of Untold legends (already started it, it looks nice, but way too easy), critter cronicles, machinarium, mata hari, stacking, ben there done that, gemini rue, primordia... If I didn't have responsabilities I'd gladly lock myself in my room and say goodbye to my social life.

Machinarium is great btw. Save it for last (best for last)
Old 2014-04-16, 13:14
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post

Machinarium is great btw. Save it for last (best for last)
Yeah! I totally agree with you
Old 2014-09-08, 09:57
Banned

Exclamation

99 in 1 Brick Game.
Old 2015-03-24, 01:03
Polly parrot

..............(3DS version)

Oh boy. Everyone who knew about it spoke like it was a legend. Kinda the same way than with Ocarina of time. And I didn't like Ocarina of time that much, but from the videos I've seen and theories I've heard, I expected a lot from this game, and was prepared for a let down once again.

Verdict ? It's complicated. The game is really really nice and inventive, I still can't believe Nintendo released and rereleased a game about death/dealing with death.
Strangely, I wouldn't call it a Zelda game, (only 4 dungeons ?) the heart of the game resides in the dozens of sidequest, making this more of a searching/puzzle game imho. Here, you are happy that you found the solution, not that you got an item at the end. Really nice. Really really nice.
Mix that with all the creepy and slightly philosophical stuff the game has, and you would've gotten a masterpiece.

Would've

Because then, there's the ending.
(I won't talk about the actual ending, just my opinion on it, like with LBA saying that it's like the happy ending of a fairy tale)
Spoiler:
It is HORRIBLY cliché. The creepy stuff goes away with a wushh, everyone is happy forever yaayyyy. After spending hours within a game whose may point I felt was that you can't escape death... This is a huge letdown.
And about Skull Kid
Spoiler:
it was all the mask and then we laugh it off ? I'm sorry but no, Skull kid should've died. And the player should've felt bad about it, because everyone who was a kid feels that Skull Kid isn't entirely a bad guy, and that's more interesting than having a pure evil ennemy.

Not to speak about the last boss fight which was waaay to easy (arrow-sword-arrow-sword-arrow-sword ? Really ?).
I saw in the sheikah stone afterwards that you can use other items to protect yourself from its attacks, but I never felt like I was missing something during the fight...

So, I don't know what to think about the game yet, the letdown I feel about the ending will probably fade over time, but presently... A game that could've been awesome, spoilt by its own ending.

I think they might've wanted to end it differently, but Zelda games are aimed toward kids, so I guess they couldn't do anything too extreme. Still a shame imho

(p.s. : it's late, so maybe what I wrote wasn't too clear, sorry about that. Do ask if you wish to understand.)
Old 2015-04-09, 13:27
weee

There are 2 games I currently play which must recommend to you peepz.

The first one is The Talos Principle - a totally fucking awesome puzzle game with the main theme being philosophy and a bit of sci-fi. The best thing since Portal.

The second one is Life Is Strange - a decision making game (à la Indigo Prophecy). At first I thought I'd give it a few minutes and leave it, but in these few minutes I got absolutely hooked. Best thing since The Longest Journey. No actual challenge (thus far), but beautifully crafted with wonderful graphics and delightful story, and with total immersion - much better than watching a movie. Give it a try.

Scissors.
Old 2015-04-09, 13:48
Polly parrot

The Talos principle sounds great, I'm waiting for summer to have time to dive in it (and to have crazy steam discounts on it ).
Old 2015-04-09, 16:17
Classic

Its on my list for sure.

Been playing War For the Overworld (aka Dungeon Keeper 3 in all but name). Pretty darn good so far, but Ive only played the first 6 missions of the campaign atm.
Old 2015-04-10, 04:00
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
The Talos principle sounds great, I'm waiting for summer to have time to dive in it (and to have crazy steam discounts on it ).
I second to this, the games looks very nice and the mechanics must be awesome.

I'm currently playing Trove, an online MMORPG with a cool adventuring / building premisse that has gotten me hooked for weeks.

I'm also obviously still hooked to League of Legends, specially with the re-release of URF.

Lastly, I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles, on my Wii. I think I have already discussed about it somewhere in the forums, but the game is amazing. The character development, the battle system, the soundtrack and the world size are all incredible, and it all makes you feel like the world is alive. Its most likely one of the best games I've ever played (console and PC wise) and I can't stop recommending everyone about it. But only play Xenoblade if you have a lot of free time, because it takes over 150 hours to complete the game (I'm currently at 60 hours, I can't play too much because of college and work)
Old 2015-04-10, 11:40
Polly parrot

Why did they make the 3ds version new 3ds exclusive
Old 2015-04-10, 12:37
Classic

Extra processing power makes it easier to port I guess.
I'm freaking amazed the original version even worked on the Wii. The size of the seamless worlds is INSANE.

That said, even the regular 3DS is more powerful the Wii in many ways (more Ram, better GPU), so I guess just some efficiency is lost in the porting.

In either case, its a great game indeed.
I can criticism the repetitive quests a bit, but everything else makes up for it.

Cant wait for Xenoblade-X.
Old 2015-04-11, 02:54
the legend

"Monument Valley" is, without the slightest doubt, the bestest of the best games for smartphones/tablets, in the single player category ("Space Team" being the winner in the multi player category).

I could even dare say it has some LBA-like qualities to it. Astonishing. Will definitely keep it to show to my kids one day.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.

Tags
games, videogames