Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2006-09-18, 22:50
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I tried too reserve one today at my local gamestation, but they had ran out of the forms.
The guy went to print a new one and their system was done >_<

Game arnt reserving them yet at all.
Old 2006-09-18, 23:15
Magic Ball Master

Bah, I won't reserve. Seriously, I walked in 4 hours after the GCN launch and got one a few years ago.

Besides, I am probably just going to get either PS3 or Wii around Christmas instead of launch.
Old 2006-09-20, 12:33
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
a) You stand slim to nill chance of getting a ps3 seeing as theres only 500,000 worldwide by christmass. (400,000 = US : 100,000 = JAP)

b) Heck, the lunch dates for both practicaly are christmass anyway

I just reserved a Wii yesterday.

Anyway, Im pretty near the start of the queue, and according to Nintendo UK they have more stock then any previous console launch.
Still, they didnt actualy say a number, so know store pre-ordering actualy knows how many orders they should take. They are all kinda guessing.
Old 2006-09-20, 15:14
Magic Ball Master

Actually, I've heard now that they're specifically going to be 1-1.2 million shipped by the holidays, or so I hear, so we'll see.
Old 2006-09-22, 00:13
formerly just angry

what deals are they offering at gamestation? game are normally cheaper so I might hold out for their package but it all depends on what you get in the gamestation bundle
Old 2006-09-22, 00:51
Classic

Game cheaper O_o
The only time I have ever known game to be cheaper is when they make priceing mistakes. (normaly "Game+Addon" is cheaper then"Game on its own")
Old 2006-09-24, 21:52
formerly just angry

Games at GAME = £24.99
Games at GAmestation = £29.99
Old 2006-09-24, 21:56
Magic Ball Master

don't pre-order from game, they'll just rip you off with some shitty deal. i should know, i used to work there.
Old 2006-09-25, 01:20
Classic

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/
http://www.game.co.uk/

umm..they are both £29.99
'cept for old pc stuff which is cheaper, or Xbox360 stuff which is more
expensive.

And yes, Games online prices are the same as instore.

Game has always sold new stuff at baseline £29.99, its been their standard for many years. You sure your branch dosnt have a tempory offer?
Old 2006-09-25, 08:43
Little Bastard Warrior.

Danish people still think of nintendo as a kiddy company, so there's never trouble getting stuff on launch here. I mean, did anyone see the danish game sales chart on 4colorrebellion? Not a single DS game.
Old 2006-09-25, 18:08
Classic

Thats pretty much the same as the UK.

Compared to japan which, a week back, had ALL of the top 10 games DS
Quite insane really.

Back ontopic heres some Wii videos of the interface:
http://www.wii.com/uk

(anyone want to guess the last one? the url all ends in the word channel, so its worth trying random things in case they put it up without a link )
Old 2006-09-26, 23:07
formerly just angry

I never pay more than £24.99 for a DS game in Game... With a Game card and the appropriate student discount of course
Old 2006-09-27, 15:57
Classic

DS games are also priced the same:
http://www.game.co.uk/browse.aspx?cat=11218
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp?cat=ds&t=platforms
honestly, they really are the same price.
You get a 2.5% discount for a game reward card, so thats less 75p of a £30 game. So you got a 75p advantage, as Gamestation stoped their loyaty card a few years back.

But £29.99 is baseline price, £24.99 seems to be for a few various games, £20 for Brain training. That 75p is the only difference.

Someones been giving you bad vibs about gamestation it seems

The only big price insanity about Gamestation I see is they are charging £38 for Madden07 DS O_O
Its probably a typo/mistake though, dont remember seeing that price in store. I cant see anyone buying such a shit game for that price.
Old 2006-09-28, 01:07
formerly just angry

Honestly I don't know what crazy shit they get up to in York Game but 24.99 is the price I have always paid for ds games... very odd. anyhoo I got into gamestation recently cos they do much better trade-in prices however I find that they don't always have good stock of new stuff. ie couldn't find hl ep1 in there at all. I am generally more of a fan of independents and gamestation annoys me for trying to be that and failing. on an interesting side note did you know it was started by york uni graduates so the gs in york is the original one!
Old 2006-09-28, 01:12
Magic Ball Master

I may actually camp out this year...depending on whether or not I'll be mobbed.

Otherwise, I'll probably walk into a shop on the morning of the 19th and get one without having to stand in like, like I did with the 'Cube.

BTW - y'all will help me set up my wireless connection/MAC filtering with the Wii, right?
Old 2006-09-30, 13:29
Magic Ball Master

New Twilight Princess Details

Quote:
Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=6233

Orginal post(includes pics): http://thehylia.com/index.php?subact...t_from=&ucat=1

(Post 1) DETAILS: -

The game is 70 hours, including all sidequests according to Eiji Aonuma
- The Wii version has unique controls

- Link is a Righty in the Wii version

- Link is Lefty in the GCN version

- The game has 9 temples

- It will release for Wii on December 8th, 2006 (Germany)

- The GameCube version will be released after Wii version, but still in 2006(Germany)

- They compare the sword of the Darknut to Phantom Ganon’s sword in The Wind Waker

- Reconfirms the title is after Ocarina of Time chronologically

- Those “bulls” at the beginning of the game, apparently one is a god or divine spirit.

- There’s an image which the magazine believes the “light spiral” near the waterfall is a portal to transform into the Wolf.

- Wolf Link can gain abilities as he progresses

- Eiji Aonuma - “Our goal was obviously to implement as many dungeons as possible in Twilight Princess. As for a number, we are planing to have the same number as in Ocarina of Time.” (So it isn’t 100% sure if there will be 9 dungeons or less/more)

- But he also mentions that some of them are totally different to those of Ocarina of Time whereas others may be similar. He also thinks that a lot of things will be familiar to someone who already played Ocarina of Time.

(Post 2) DETAILS:

- Eiji calls the King of Red Lions in TWW a father figure to Link who kept him on the right track. TP won’t have a father figure, but Link will have many friends in the game. There will be one grown-up girl that will be very helpful for him.

- No wii-connect24 or online support.

- The horse is faster than epona in OoT

- The GameCube version was nearly completed when they decided to put in the Wii controls.

- The transition from gc to wii control scheme was quite difficult and they changed it again recently. Now they can concentrate on fine tuning the game.

- When link becomes a wolf his scent becomes keener so that he can find hidden things that he coulnd’t find as normal link.

- Eiji vaguely hints that the Twilight Princess will be someone different from Zelda.

- The mention of Biggoron refers to Biggoron’s Sword only, which is similar in size to the Darknut’s sword.

Continue...

Contiued...

- Link will have the horse at the beginning, but then when some accidents take place, the two are separated. Later on, Link will find the horse again, and that is when he can name it (at least that’s what the sentence structure implies, but it may be a mistake and we can still name her right at the beginning).

- While the light deity is strangely called a “bull” by the mag, there’s no reference being made to the Toaru goats or anything like that.

- About Midna, Eiji says she won’t be able to stop the Twilight Realm’s progression on her own, so that’s why Link is responsible to help her.

- About Phantom Hourglass, Eiji says something disturbing: “PH is often called a sequel of TWW - that’s not fully correct, as it merely makes use of the same graphics style.” He also states that they didn’t include any storyline-wise connection between TP and PH, because the games are so different.

- The canoe will be used in other mini-games besides fishing.

FINISHED, UNLESS MORE UPDATES ARE POSTED.
*Shamelessly ripped from GameFAQ's Message Board*

I really cannot wait to play this game, its been the one I've been dying for since I completed Majora's Mask on the N64.

Anyone know what the preorder-bonus is going to be this time around?
Old 2006-09-30, 15:00
Little Bastard Warrior.

Quote:
- Link is a Righty in the Wii version

- Link is Lefty in the GCN version
They haven't mentioned it yet, but you think you can like, flip the game to whether you're a righty or lefty in the Wii version?

Quote:
- They compare the sword of the Darknut to Phantom Ganon’s sword in The Wind Waker
I don't know about Phantom Ganon, but the Darknuts of TP use the exact same sword as Ganondorf did in the Spaceworld 2000 video
Old 2006-09-30, 19:33
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberg-Ares View Post
They haven't mentioned it yet, but you think you can like, flip the game to whether you're a righty or lefty in the Wii version?
It would make sense, but I'm not sure. They mirrored the game because the default Wii control setup is nunchuck in the left-hand and wiimote in the right-hand, so that's why Link is now right-handed.

They're doing a ton of work to fix the game for the flip, so I'm not sure they'd include a feature like that.
Old 2006-10-01, 14:24
Little Bastard Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
It would make sense, but I'm not sure. They mirrored the game because the default Wii control setup is nunchuck in the left-hand and wiimote in the right-hand, so that's why Link is now right-handed.

They're doing a ton of work to fix the game for the flip, so I'm not sure they'd include a feature like that.
I just hope it won't look weird in the flipped Wii version, because I'm totally getting that one.
Old 2006-10-01, 16:39
Magic Ball Master

No, I don't think so. They're being meticulous about making sure everything is correct with the mirroring.
Old 2006-10-01, 17:46
Classic

Which probably means going around to every bit of Hyrule text texture map in the game and flipping that *again* so its the right way around
Old 2006-11-10, 20:23
Magic Ball Master

Anyone seen the hands-on previews from sites like IGN and 1Up for Twilight Princess? Wow. The Wii controls are allegedly amazing and make it the selling point of the Wii version.

I'm seriously salivating...unfortunately I think I'm waiting for Christmas to get my Wii and TP.
Old 2006-11-13, 23:27
Radical Dreamer

tried to preorder mine today, but german stores aren't taking anymore preorders... wish I was home!
Old 2006-11-14, 00:54
Classic

Went in gamestation today to try to reserve Zelda, but they still arnt reserveing games. (dispite the fact the boxs are out with "PREORDER!!" writen on them )

5 days till the US launch.
A month now for the rest of us.

I think the wii will take some getting used too, but after that it will be second nature.
Me, being impatient, am now thinking what the controllers will be like on next-next gen systems
Im sure nintendos leading the right way, but its only the start of the jorney.
Old 2006-11-15, 23:51
formerly just angry

I am looking forward to my Zelda + Wii + Spare Wiimote pack greatly. Off for a 4 player fest with some mates in Brum on the launch weekend.

Tags
consoles, videogames