Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #126  
Old 2012-01-09, 03:16
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
it would be inappropriate to leave ones child with them unsupervised as Mr. Obras has suggested.
And, I stress again, I later clearly explained that that was a deliberate exaggeration on my part. You, being as old as you are, should know better than sticking for the first word to death. I exaggerated because Double-J posted the question even though it wasn't in the least relevant in the debate I was making. So I didn't even take the question seriously, which is why I saw no problem in responding with an exaggeration. I assumed everyone older than 5 will be able to get that I wasn't serious. Obviously I was mistaken on your count.

But, seeing you were unable to get it, I then clearly explained the behind the scenes of what I said there. You completely ignored that. Why? Who knows, though my best bet is that you're simply too childish and immature to accept that you've done a mistake there to believe what I claimed there and judge me for that so you rather close yourself in denial than acknowledge my explanation.

And this says everything to me. Grow up. You single out my posts as "complete rubbish" then when Lightwing and Anakin make my same points you're suddenly willingly to try constructive debate. If that's not clear evidence of personal bias, then I don't know what is. And anyone who lets personal bias influence him/her in a debate, shouldn't be debating at all, IMHO.

Quote:
The debates about parental responsibility, not pedophile witch hunts.
The debate was about paedophile witch hunts until Double-J brought in a completely irrelevant question in an obvious attempt to show once again to the whole world how I'm an idiot and he's God. And seems like he's succeeded, at least in your eyes. Then the discussion became about parental responsibility, and this despite the fact I even clearly explained why the heck I chose to reply to Double-J's question the way I did. You ignored that. Your loss, not mine.

And BTW, a lolicon/shotacon consumer would very well be a child him/herself. Would you keep your child clear of another child because the other child so happens to consume the same kind of material?
So even if i my claim were serious, the fact you're so fast on judging and name-calling once again proves you prefer assuming bad faith instead of assuming good faith. You're the one who assumed my statment was I'd leave a child with an adult who consumes said material. I never mentioned the world adult in the first place, neither did Double-J for that matter. Which is another reason why Double-J's question was fallacious.

But keep hating me for all I care, there's plenty people around who have no problems whatever with me so I certainly won't cry if one child (by maturity, if not by age) hates me. And before you try to retort this, yes I'm childish and immature myself but at least I have the decency to admit it. You don't and neither does your good friend Double-J. And at least I have the decency to at least assume good faith and try to debate with anyone regardless of what past experiences I've had with them, unless I'm openly provoked, which you blatantly did in this thread. Neither you nor Double-J assume good faith or try to debate without regard to past experiences.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 2012-01-09, 05:24
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
And, I stress again, I later clearly explained that that was a deliberate exaggeration on my part. You, being as old as you are, should know better than sticking for the first word to death. I exaggerated because Double-J posted the question even though it wasn't in the least relevant in the debate I was making. So I didn't even take the question seriously, which is why I saw no problem in responding with an exaggeration. I assumed everyone older than 5 will be able to get that I wasn't serious. Obviously I was mistaken on your count.
You say it, you take responsibility for it. You cannot place the burden on others to interpret it as an exaggeration.

But, seeing you were unable to get it, I then clearly explained the behind the scenes of what I said there. You completely ignored that. Why? Who knows, though my best bet is that you're simply too childish and immature to accept that you've done a mistake there to believe what I claimed there and judge me for that so you rather close yourself in denial than acknowledge my explanation.

Quote:
And this says everything to me. Grow up. You single out my posts as "complete rubbish" then when Lightwing and Anakin make my same points you're suddenly willingly to try constructive debate. If that's not clear evidence of personal bias, then I don't know what is. And anyone who lets personal bias influence him/her in a debate, shouldn't be debating at all, IMHO.
Anakin misunderstood the point of the discussion, and I made that clear to him. Lightwing was in agreement that leaving ones child alone with another adult is irresponsible, but was debating the likelihood of that individual being a greater risk on ones child. You on the other hand contradict yourself whenever cornered, and rattle on for way too long.

Quote:
And BTW, a lolicon/shotacon consumer would very well be a child him/herself. Would you keep your child clear of another child because the other child so happens to consume the same kind of material?
So even if i my claim were serious, the fact you're so fast on judging and name-calling once again proves you prefer assuming bad faith instead of assuming good faith. You're the one who assumed my statment was I'd leave a child with an adult who consumes said material. I never mentioned the world adult in the first place, neither did Double-J for that matter. Which is another reason why Double-J's question was fallacious.
Supply and demand, its not for children. Children cannot afford to buy child cartoon pornography, most parents would not allow it, let alone provide the credit card details to facilitate it. Of-course its not targeted at children, thats complete nonsense!

Again, you said it, take responsibility for it. Also, you defended it in a later post, then you said you meant children, then you say you didn't mean it at all, that you were being sarcastic, and woe is you, everyone misunderstood you -_-

Quote:
But keep hating me for all I care, there's plenty people around who have no problems whatever with me so I certainly won't cry if one child (by maturity, if not by age) hates me.
I don't know you, or anyone on this forum in person, to hate or like you. I do enjoy conversations with some of you more than others, and thats just about it.

Quote:
And before you try to retort this, yes I'm childish and immature myself but at least I have the decency to admit it. You don't and neither does your good friend Double-J. And at least I have the decency to at least assume good faith and try to debate with anyone regardless of what past experiences I've had with them, unless I'm openly provoked, which you blatantly did in this thread. Neither you nor Double-J assume good faith or try to debate without regard to past experiences.
Life is a learning curve, if I was to presume I knew everything or that I have somehow attained complete maturity at the age of 24 I'd be an idiot. I never hinted at some form of superiority, but I did point out a lacking on your part.

Instead of beating yourself on the subject, how about trying to analyze what makes you stick out so much and adjust that. You only truly recognize you have an issue when you start working on solving it. Then again, I don't know what your like in your personal life, and if thats all going well for you then this forum and its members are and should be completely irrelevant to yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 2012-01-09, 09:09
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
What, no, what are you on about? Were discussing whether you'd leave them with your child alone with such an individual.
ah, i see.
in that case: no, it's probably best you don't.

this debate has just been exhausted.

also while i don't intend to read through this whole thread again, i'm pretty sure that at some point the subject of debate was the legality
of these materials (the universe doesn't revolve around you, etc.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.

Last edited by Reek; 2012-01-09 at 09:21.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 2012-01-09, 14:42
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
You say it, you take responsibility for it. You cannot place the burden on others to interpret it as an exaggeration.

But, seeing you were unable to get it, I then clearly explained the behind the scenes of what I said there. You completely ignored that. Why? Who knows, though my best bet is that you're simply too childish and immature to accept that you've done a mistake there to believe what I claimed there and judge me for that so you rather close yourself in denial than acknowledge my explanation.
You're right about that and I apologize.

Quote:
Anakin misunderstood the point of the discussion, and I made that clear to him. Lightwing was in agreement that leaving ones child alone with another adult is irresponsible, but was debating the likelihood of that individual being a greater risk on ones child. You on the other hand contradict yourself whenever cornered, and rattle on for way too long.
Well I've seen both of them in the agreement with my point that a consumer of lolicon or shotacon won't neccesarily even go near a child.

Quote:
Supply and demand, its not for children. Children cannot afford to buy child cartoon pornography, most parents would not allow it, let alone provide the credit card details to facilitate it. Of-course its not targeted at children, thats complete nonsense!
Yeah well who's specifically talking about countries where such material is inaccessible. Take Japan for one, the stuff is sold there in any old manga store and payable for in cash. And heck, before the 2003 Protect Act, from what I know, it was sold in manga stores in US too.
Also "pornography"? Not all lolicon or shotacon is sexually explicit. You'll find I talked about depictions of minors in sexual situations. Nowhere have I mentioned explicit depictions of stuff. A depiction of a minor in a sexual situation could be as much as a little girl in underwear in a sexy pose without any nudity. Enough to be judged obscene by the Miller test (and therefore, banned in the US), but still not pornographic. And a manga with no explicit depictions of sexual acts automatically has a lower target demographic. We're talking about Japan, where manga or anime with fan service (breast and thigh close ups for example) are targeted at teens aged 14-15 and up.

And before you start retorting, remember I've been a manga and anime fan since at least late 2006 and I've read more of manga and seen more of anime (and played more of visual novels) than you (or Double-J for that matter) have. And unfortunately, I've stumbled upon lolicon and shotacon too. And only a minority was sexual explicit. Granted, I'm opposed to any kind of attractive depictions of minors, but this doesn't mean I want to start book burnings.
So yeah I'd say I'm more familiar with Japanese culture than you are (even if I've never been to Japan in my whole life so far) so I know what I'm talking about. Maybe I "rattle for too long" but with a good reason.
And I'm always open for corrects if you have any.

Quote:
I don't know you, or anyone on this forum in person, to hate or like you. I do enjoy conversations with some of you more than others, and thats just about it.
OK, not as bad as I thought then. Sorry.

Quote:
Life is a learning curve, if I was to presume I knew everything or that I have somehow attained complete maturity at the age of 24 I'd be an idiot. I never hinted at some form of superiority, but I did point out a lacking on your part.
Yes, and I acknowledge my lacking. The statement you pointed out was idiotic and stupid from my part so I apologize for it.

Quote:
Instead of beating yourself on the subject, how about trying to analyze what makes you stick out so much and adjust that. You only truly recognize you have an issue when you start working on solving it. Then again, I don't know what your like in your personal life, and if thats all going well for you then this forum and its members are and should be completely irrelevant to yourself.
Well it'd be easy to recognize the issue if someone pointed it out in a constructive way. A lot of people who know me, could tell you that. Whenever I've had a fault pointed out in a constructive way, I did my best to improve it.
Sadly, constructive criticism is not the way things are commonly dealt with on this forum. Instead, I see name-calling, overreactions, etc. I mean people resorted to that even in SpaceGuitarist's thread instead of constructively pointing out I was developing the story in the wrong way.
So my point here is, why not constructively point me out to my lackings so I know what they are and can address them? It'd be the best for all of us here. It'd solve the problem much more effectively and make this forum look much more civilzed.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 2012-06-30, 20:04
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
So, the Supreme Court of Sweden made lolicon legal in Sweden:
http://www.thelocal.se/41460/20120615/ .

Let me quote what they said:
Quote:
The criminalization of possession of the drawings would otherwise exceed what is necessary with regard to the purpose which has led to the restriction on freedom of expression and freedom of information,
Now I'd like to hear Double-J and Axx going off with their insults, calling Sweden "pedoland" (apparently, according to their logic, every country that doesn't have US laws, is "pedoland"), and make a new case for why lolicon is the worst evil of the world. In the mean time, I'll be glad at least Sweden thinks the right way.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 2012-06-30, 20:20
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,868
Good, I don't understand why drawings would be forbidden... They don't hurt anyone...
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 2012-07-01, 16:04
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Now I'd like to hear Double-J and Axx going off with their insults, calling Sweden "pedoland" (apparently, according to their logic, every country that doesn't have US laws, is "pedoland"), and make a new case for why lolicon is the worst evil of the world. In the mean time, I'll be glad at least Sweden thinks the right way.
Keep putting words in our mouth and using hyperbole. It's a fantastic way to elicit honest, thoughtful debate.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 2012-07-01, 20:22
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,868
You know how he will react if you say that right ?
Then why do you say that !
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 2012-07-01, 20:34
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
You know how he will react if you say that right ?
Then why do you say that !
It's funny. I messaged Obras and he agreed that we should put aside our differences a few weeks ago. And then I read stuff like this. It's these kind of posts that bring acerbic responses towards him.

But I'll take the high road and merely highlight his ridiculousness rather than respond to it in kind.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 2012-07-01, 23:04
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
It's funny. I messaged Obras and he agreed that we should put aside our differences a few weeks ago. And then I read stuff like this. It's these kind of posts that bring acerbic responses towards him.

But I'll take the high road and merely highlight his ridiculousness rather than respond to it in kind.
Meh sorry, I forgot about that. I just wanted to edit my post to that regard, removing the reference to you from it, but apparently I can only edit my posts for 1440 minutes...
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 2012-07-01, 23:54
Jasiek's Avatar
Jasiek Jasiek is offline
Do the evolution.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: You forgot Poland.
Posts: 8,100
Ok, I'm applauding the sensibility of the Swedish court. I also favour the ideas that freedom is an absolute value, it either is or it isn't (and that it is something you can strive for, but never fully achieve), and that only acts that result in someone being physically harmed (directly by physical violence, or indirectly by theft, failure to try and deliver aid or by some other means) should be frowned upon or penalized.

That said, from all the free-speech related causes out there, like the firm establishment of Net Neutrality, unrestricted access for citizens to the data regarding their governments doings, censorship etc. you just happen to root and fight most audibly for the unrestricted distribution of drawings of kiddie porn...

As I said I think that the courts sentence seems sensible, but it makes one wonder why be so passionate about it...

I mean, clearly it doesn't sound like you're thinking of the big picture here, of a ludicrous example of a "morality" oriented state censorship that has no objective grounds to be there in the first place. It seems you just want the legal kiddie porn...

That's... weird man, just weird.
__________________
Little Script Adventure
Join the Little Script Adventure team
Download Little Script Adventure
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 2012-07-02, 00:09
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
a few months ago obras said the wikipedia was "a joke". that it wasn't professional enough, etc.

i offered some examples as to why i think wikipedia is very useful, well managaed site. it was only later i found out he meant the wikipedia is a joke becuase it offers no coverage on some stupid fandub of an anime series he likes.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that this guy is an idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 2012-07-02, 00:52
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
Ok, I'm applauding the sensibility of the Swedish court. I also favour the ideas that freedom is an absolute value, it either is or it isn't (and that it is something you can strive for, but never fully achieve), and that only acts that result in someone being physically harmed (directly by physical violence, or indirectly by theft, failure to try and deliver aid or by some other means) should be frowned upon or penalized.

That said, from all the free-speech related causes out there, like the firm establishment of Net Neutrality, unrestricted access for citizens to the data regarding their governments doings, censorship etc. you just happen to root and fight most audibly for the unrestricted distribution of drawings of kiddie porn...

As I said I think that the courts sentence seems sensible, but it makes one wonder why be so passionate about it...

I mean, clearly it doesn't sound like you're thinking of the big picture here, of a ludicrous example of a "morality" oriented state censorship that has no objective grounds to be there in the first place. It seems you just want the legal kiddie porn...

That's... weird man, just weird.
You should have notice I'm just as vocal about our rights that are being infringed because of the media industry. And, at least in private, I've also been very vocal about the idiotic reactions by some people to games like GTA and the whole "this should be banned because kids will try to imitate it" shit. Pretty much I'm against the way this world is becoming.

The reason why I mainly brought up stuff like lolicon in this thread is simple - it's the most glaring example of why the system is wrong. And it's also the one thing about which the US has give the most pressure to Japan to forbid, one case (a protest by US feminists) even caused some Japanese game developers to stop offering their products to foreigners.
And then they wonder why the Japanese have such an aversion against foreigners these days - no wonder when all they get is pressure from the US to adapt their laws to suit US morals, pressure from China and Korea to hand over some small and insignifican islands, and so on.
So when a country is pressured from all sides to cater for their needs, among which the US pressure for Japan to forbid lolicon and so on, then Japan is accused of being discriminatory against foreigners, I think something needs to be done to stop that. Japan is being trampled on and then accused of being the evil-do'er. (And ever thought how much discrimination against foreigners, wait no, against anyone that doesn't think according to standard US Christian morals, happens in the US?)

Quote:
a few months ago obras said the wikipedia was "a joke". that it wasn't professional enough, etc.

i offered some examples as to why i think wikipedia is very useful, well managaed site. it was only later i found out he meant the wikipedia is a joke becuase it offers no coverage on some stupid fandub of an anime series he likes.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that this guy is an idiot.
Um what, a fandub? No. I was trying to write information about official dubs/adaptations in languages other than English. The information was removed without even contacting those of us who put it in to find sources... we weren't even contacted. Then when I tried, repeatedly, to civilly discuss that, I got Collectonian behaving like an arsehole.

Then happened the LBA 1/2 version tables incident. The tables were in the respective articles for months without anyone being bothered by them at all, then suddenly Rehevkor and Eik Corell come and remove them. An user and I tried all our best to keep the tables there only to get them called "fancruft" and asked to write it on a personal site.
I ask for help here on the MBN, and get accused on Wikipedia of canvassing for support. I mean so now it's wrong to seek help? Darkflame comes there, says his own opinion on why the tables should stay, they still insist on theirs.

Then this goes to the ANI board, where even Collectonian appears, comes up with the LBA 1 and 2 Hebrew translations, calls them copyright infringement (ignoring the fact the translations distribute no original game files, and were even officially supported by the game developers with Sébastien Viannay even offering to add right-to-left support to LBAWin to accomodate for the Hebrew translation), and accuses me of wanting to promote those translations on Wikipedia, ignoring the fact I only listed official releases of the LBA games in those tables.
Basically, the logic used was: if I'm trying to keep a table of versions in the article, and was at the same time involved in a fan translation project, I must be pimping a fan translation.

So OK, that gets solved. Then comes the Tokyo Mew Mew incident again, I do some bullshit, that gets solved too.

Then the Windows Neptune and Odyssey case hits the fan again. SchmuckyTheCat had been trying to merge them into the Development of Windows XP article for ages, against any consensus. I took him, as well as Rehevkor and Eik Corell (over the LBA stuff) and even Collectonian, to the ANI for disruptive behavior.
What happens is, Collectonian becomes involved in that Windows articles case despite the fact she has absolutely no knowledge about that stuff and it had nothing to do with her at all. She launches a sockpuppetry case, which however ends up proving her wrong. Even she starts pushing for SchmuckyTheCat's merger.

So I started yet another AfD for those Windows articles, it ends up with everyone being told to make a merge request instead, we do that and it ends up being decided against the merge, therefore in favor of what I was trying to do all the time. So Collectonian and SchmuckyTheCat fail again.

But the Tokyo Mew Mew case still remains (I decided to put the LBA case on an indefinite hold). This time, I decide to keep my word and not bother the article/subject directly anymore, instead go to the Wikipedia board for systemic bias to ask to help about that. There comes Collectonian, all angry, spewing out all my past "offenses", basically portraying me as an idiot, forcing me to remove my help request on that board.
Now sorry if I think that's outright targeting. For some reason she tried to do her best to prevent me from getting help regarding that, I wonder why... And I even looked at other dispute cases with her, and found more examples of the same kind of arsehole'ish behavior towards any person who dared disagree with her about any articles she was involved in.

So in short, I strive to contribute to Wikipedia and post information there, and as a thanks I get:
1. Rules used against to me if I dare ask for help outside Wikipedia;
2. Get only marginally relevant things used to portray my contributions as shameless advertising of stuff I was involved in;
3. Arsehole'ish behavior, including deletions of a talk page section despite such deletion being against the rules;
4. Being dragged to ANI for disruptive behavior that didn't happen;
5. An editor with a feud against me getting involved with a completely unrelated dispute of mine just because it was a dispute of mine;
6. Accusation of sockpuppetry (in order to discredit a newcome editor who just so happened to have agreed with me), even thoguh later it was proven wrong;
7. Forced to promise to "stop bothering";
8. Being followed by an editor with a feud against me, to prevent me from getting help regarding an article she's so bound to defend;
9. A fellow editor leaving Wikipedia because he'd had enough of two editors insisting on things and not willing to discuss;
And so on.

Sure I did my fair share of shit too, but did I deserve all the grief I got? Absolutely not, especially considered that at least the sockpuppetry accusation and the Windows articles case got resolved in my favor in the end.

Wikipedia is a joke because its guidelines say you need a consensus before removing things, yet then editors go and remove entire tables (even sourced!) completely relevant to the topics (and similar tables even present in other similar articles) without getting any kind of consensus, whatsoever, and then even a completely unrelated editor getting involved in and using any kind of way to discredit the information I'm trying to insert as invalid, self-promotion, etc.
So not a honest following of the rules and guidelines but using the system in their favor.

To summarize: I had two cases where I fought removel/merger against consensus and one in which I fought what I considered systemic bias. Of the first two, I basically won one (the Windows articles case) and lost the LBA case, and the last one (systemic bias) I was even prevented from properly fighting through the right channels by being targeted and denigrated with the sole scope of preventing me from getting help.

I even had my own words used against me! Sure I promised not to bother about that specific case anymore, but nowhere had I promised I'd no longer bother about systemic bias at all. After all, the Tokyo Mew Mew case isn't the only case I had about systemic bias regarding anime/manga adaptations - a few years before, I had one about Cardcaptor Sakura where user Ned Scott's behavior towards me foreshadowed Collectonian's behavior of years later.

Now, what I'm glad to see is that Collectonian decided to retire from Wikipedia, though she first tried to change her username to AnmaFinotera but then found out such a change would have to be public thus foiling her plane to disguise herself, after which she left Wikipedia with a large ass emo fit message about how she was a poor victim of evil disrupters.
Maybe I'll try again at the systemic bias stuff now that the stuff seems to have calmed down and that Collectonian left (though I don't exclude the possibility of her lurking around in disguise, LOL), maybe this time I'll reach more success.
I will however still not attempt the LBA case again, as Rehevkor and Eik Corell are both still there.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 2012-07-02, 01:00
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
for a moment there i actually had the motivation to read through that post.

aaaaaaand it's gone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 2012-07-02, 13:23
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
for a moment there i actually had the motivation to read through that post.

aaaaaaand it's gone.
And why can't you just ignore me and my posts then? Why do you have to post just to insult and harass me? It's becoming disruptive behavior. It's as simple, if you don't like me or my posts, noone is forcing you to read them. Add me to my ignore list and be done with that. Good? Good. Now leave me alone.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 2012-07-02, 14:50
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,868
Who said Japan was evil ?
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 2012-07-02, 15:47
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Who said Japan was evil ?
Let's see:
1. The US, because Japanese law doesn't cater to US morals.
2. China and Korea, because Japan refuses to yield to their demands.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 2012-07-02, 15:53
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,868
Ah, so it's a generalization...
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 2012-07-02, 16:19
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
And why can't you just ignore me and my posts then? Why do you have to post just to insult and harass me? It's becoming disruptive behavior. It's as simple, if you don't like me or my posts, noone is forcing you to read them. Add me to my ignore list and be done with that. Good? Good.
Umm, did you not notice how your post was basically the longest post in the history of this forum? you think i'm the only one here who didn't bother reading through that entire post?
I didn't expect you to write such a long answer, and to be honest you shouldn't have. Ever heard of being concise?

Don't blame me just because you lack the social skills to realize when you're rambling, instead of speaking to the point so people can understand what it is you want. You big baby.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 2012-07-02, 18:17
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
Umm, did you not notice how your post was basically the longest post in the history of this forum? you think i'm the only one here who didn't bother reading through that entire post?
I didn't expect you to write such a long answer, and to be honest you shouldn't have. Ever heard of being concise?

Don't blame me just because you lack the social skills to realize when you're rambling, instead of speaking to the point so people can understand what it is you want. You big baby.
The summary:
Quote:
So in short, I strive to contribute to Wikipedia and post information there, and as a thanks I get:
1. Rules used against to me if I dare ask for help outside Wikipedia;
2. Get only marginally relevant things used to portray my contributions as shameless advertising of stuff I was involved in;
3. Arsehole'ish behavior, including deletions of a talk page section despite such deletion being against the rules;
4. Being dragged to ANI for disruptive behavior that didn't happen;
5. An editor with a feud against me getting involved with a completely unrelated dispute of mine just because it was a dispute of mine;
6. Accusation of sockpuppetry (in order to discredit a newcome editor who just so happened to have agreed with me), even thoguh later it was proven wrong;
7. Forced to promise to "stop bothering";
8. Being followed by an editor with a feud against me, to prevent me from getting help regarding an article she's so bound to defend;
9. A fellow editor leaving Wikipedia because he'd had enough of two editors insisting on things and not willing to discuss;
And so on.

Sure I did my fair share of shit too, but did I deserve all the grief I got? Absolutely not, especially considered that at least the sockpuppetry accusation and the Windows articles case got resolved in my favor in the end.
That's why I think Wikipedia is a joke.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 2012-07-02, 19:14
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,868
So, you think Wikipedia is a joke because some people there didn't like you and showed it ?
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 2012-07-02, 20:17
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Obras, if every place that made fun of you and accused of sock-puppeting was a joke, there'd be no serious people in the world.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 2012-07-02, 21:25
A_LIPSTICK's Avatar
A_LIPSTICK A_LIPSTICK is offline
ffffff
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,088
i heard obras admitted to being a paedophile itt so i came to join the fun. so, obras, is it true? you're a raging paedophile?

also you should probably stop bothering the wikipedia people i think they already have enough sweaty basement dwellers to keep the tokyo mew mew page readily updated.
__________________
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 2012-07-02, 21:59
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,868
Did you have any humour class in school ? What was your average ?
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 2012-07-02, 22:29
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,068
Seriously, browsing the MBN is getting depressing.

I have met in here great, unique friends, that were attracted by their love for LBA and found this to be a pleasant and interesting place to stay.

But now, I feel sad for the would-be great new members who otherwise would've joined the forum now if it was like it was 5-7 years ago. If I had just found this forum right now, and browsed it for a while, my impression would be that joining this place would be a complete and utter waste of time.

Can't you all just cut the crap?
Post relevant stuff ffs.

(... someone had to say this ...)

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2012-07-02 at 22:35.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RPGLBA NEWS) How is the project leader? CrazyBee Fan Games 31 2016-11-17 13:32
LBA Speedracing [December 2008 / January 2009] Kitarii General 44 2009-02-08 16:08
What Happened on the 19th Of June 2006? Axx General 17 2008-08-22 21:38
Korean LBA 2... Battler LBA Modifications - General 9 2005-03-16 22:08
n00b of the month award - December morshem Off topic 47 2003-12-29 00:49


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:11.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network