Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2012-12-07, 02:04
this's longer than allowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
What you skeptic people fail to understand is that The Creator is not against science; it is not like his creation and human's logical mind and scientific methods are two things appart; every single scientific principle used to "disproove" is, in fact, part of the perfect system he created. Science is simply, slowly, getting to know about how his wonderful creation really works, from all aspects, all sides. Think of The Creator as the ultimate mastermind scientist, if that helps you take away your old image of "God" as something ethereal and abstract.

The claims made by fools in the past to things as if they were "miracles" without explanation is solely their own fault caused by their own foolishness, and they are the only ones to blame. Disprooving them you are simply, logically, disprooving them; and not The Creator. It is so because humans cannot be above The Creator, much like a machine would never comprehend more than the human who created it. It is only logical to be so. All that we find out, no matter how much avant-garde, the pinnacle of our current science, it's already there, and he did it. We're just dis-covering.

Well, you've got a win/win situation there, with that argument, anything anyone says is going to be below your hypothesis.
But it fails at one point: What if I say it's not the creator, but instead, a giant magic pink dorf? Can't be proved, can't be disproved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
It all sounds so medieval for a person who grew up without the awareness of religion's existence.
How's that? where are you from?
Old 2012-12-07, 02:15

Quote:
I'm from Poland, but that's completely irrelevant.
Then how is it you grew up without the awareness of religion's existence?

I doubt you're that guy from that powder movie
Old 2012-12-07, 02:17
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_matrox View Post
Well, you've got a win/win situation there, with that argument, anything anyone says is going to be below your hypothesis.
But it fails at one point: What if I say it's not the creator, but instead, a giant magic pink dorf? Can't be proved, can't be disproved.
You silly; then the "giant magic pink dorf" is the creator !
I did not specify any attributes to the creator as of what/how/where/when/who. My argument, therefore, stands firm.

Kasia, if you wish not to be ignored as you claim to have been, then try and be more clear on what you say, will you.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-12-07, 03:11
the legend

Quote:
Oh, I've never said I don't want to be ignored. I'm actually quite used to it.
Aye, that's true, you've went past me posting here for 2 years unnoticed. 2 YEARS. But now I've found you so, it's all good.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-12-07, 04:05
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Kasia, if you wish not to be ignored as you claim to have been, then try and be more clear on what you say, will you.
Is this like a wordy version of "TITS OR GTFO" ?
Old 2012-12-07, 16:08
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
No.
#disbelief
Old 2012-12-07, 17:02
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
#RebukingLook
#couldbeworse
Old 2012-12-07, 18:24
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
This thread is wrong... a discussion between atheists and believers should never end up like this... Some people here offended millions of individuals without even realizing. Respect should be the first rule in discussions like this. I, as an atheist, have discussed many times this topic, especially IRL, and I've never offended nor been offended.
Old 2012-12-07, 18:29
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
This thread is wrong... a discussion between atheists and believers should never end up like this... Some people here offended millions of individuals without even realizing. Respect should be the first rule in discussions like this. I, as an atheist, have discussed many times this topic, especially IRL, and I've never offended nor been offended.
Millions?

Why not...billions? #pinky
Old 2012-12-07, 18:30

Quote:
True.

Though I know it was not their original intention, but Zee shouldn't have put "THERE IS NO GOD!!" in cap locks and huge font size and tell people they believe in a "stupid ass magician who lives in the sky". But she was upset because of other things.
Old 2012-12-07, 18:39
Neko

Expressing your opinion should be free, carry on.
Nothing to do here ^^
Old 2012-12-07, 20:42
Neko

Quote:
... as long as you don't hurt others expressing it.
I have a lot of respect for people who can talk about their beliefs and not offend anyone by the way. That's a good feature of Mannesh, for example.
I agree.
But some people even take offense if you don't agree with them. I am not sure if sugercoating is the right thing to do. It's like balancing between two things.
Old 2012-12-08, 21:03
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Respect is earned, not granted automatically. Someone who believes in talking snakes and bushes, prophecies, magic and a whole manner of other crazy stuff and acts good towards others out of fear of eternal punishment instead of selflessness will have a heard time getting it from me too...

Last edited by Jasiek; 2012-12-09 at 05:28.
Old 2012-12-09, 01:10
Polly parrot

What bothers me is Mannesch's incapacity to acknowledge that some people don't believe to be real. He makes all his points by saying "randomquote 3,14 : This sentence is false. There for, I am right" (of course I overexagerate a bit). This has nothing to do with his religion, he could even have no religion and it would still be annoying as hell.
Old 2012-12-09, 05:41
Do the evolution.

Old 2012-12-09, 10:19
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
man, i love religious debates. they're really a great place to hear things you've already heard 500 times before. it's a place where people want to show how smart they are and that everyone should think like them, without the slightest interest in learning about someone else's point of view.

i'd share my views on religion as well but you people are so stupid it'd be a waste of my time
Old 2012-12-09, 14:16
Do the evolution.

And that wasn't a post about how smart you are, and how everyone else is stupid? You're just as bad as the rest of us!
Old 2012-12-09, 15:02
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
And that wasn't a post about how smart you are, and how everyone else is stupid? You're just as bad as the rest of us!
Jasiek you should be especially ashamed of yourself! Debating with 14 year olds (or the mental equivalents thereof). For shame!
Old 2012-12-09, 15:07
Polly parrot

Good sense of self-criticism I must say

Last edited by Polaris; 2012-12-09 at 18:17.
Old 2012-12-09, 17:26
Neko

That's funny, maybe this is a prank?
Old 2012-12-09, 17:28
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
Jasiek you should be especially ashamed of yourself! Debating with 14 year olds (or the mental equivalents thereof). For shame!
Wait, I thought this was the point of the internet?

I mean, when I do good on the internet, I feel like I'm doing good at life.
Old 2012-12-09, 18:19
Polly parrot

Quote:
Hey, he used to be one of us.
How the heck could you find all that ?!
Old 2012-12-10, 01:10
the legend

OMFG. This thread went lamer than expected. "Part 2..." :

Jasiek, hehe good one, put anakin to shame (where he belongs). I agree on your aversion for religious fanatics.
No extremes could ever be the right path (that includes uncalled-for skepticism, too).

Anakin, despite this being 99% of the internet, there's always some benefit out of it. Not everyone is like you, fortunately.
I couldn't care less about forcing my opinions onto other people to "win" an argument or "winning" on a thread; my only intention here is solely the sincere desire to share knowledge that might help someone, at some point of their lifes, bringing in some new insight.

Polaris, it's something called search engine, duh. Keywording things like "religion" with his username, for instance.

Jesse I don't see it as a prank, considering here he is just quoting the bible but never claimed to follow any religions whatsoever, no contradictions here.

Old 2012-12-10, 01:35
Do the evolution.

My "aversion" is not to fanaticism but to irrationality, dogmatism and the lack of everyday scepticism.

There's no such thing as too much scepticism, too much rationalism, not with people anyhow. People get worked up about ideals and "values" which, upon reflection, they cannot rationalize or ground in any way - and that's fine as long as it's about why you like pine-apple more then grapefruit, but not when it comes to things that concern everyone else.
Old 2012-12-10, 02:42
the legend

Quote:
Polaris isn't a stalker, forgive him.
Ah yes, I often forget these skills are not instinctive to everyone.

Tags
bible, classic, epic thread is epic, epic threads, israel, prophecy