Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2019-05-14, 08:56
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Didier Chanfray Kickstarter 20 May 2019

Look what I just found TODAY on Didier's facebook share check the attachment!!! I'm so stoked right now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg‎
Views:	114
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	10253  
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2019-05-14, 11:42
Magic Ball Master

Wait what???

Do you have a link to the Facebook post in question?
Old 2019-05-14, 14:34
Zebrazilla

Woah. Count me in if this is real.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2019-05-14, 14:47
Neko

more like vachey kickstarter right?

they wanna release a orchestral ost version
Old 2019-05-14, 15:36
Twinsunian Quetch

Here you go:
for sure it is real from my side, as I'm not making this up
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2019-05-14 at 16:25.
Old 2019-05-14, 20:26
Twinsunian Quetch

Little Big Adventure also officially announced it!!!
https://www.facebook.com/LittleBigAd...type=3&theater
Old 2019-05-14, 23:51
Magic Level: Green Ball

wowowowow!!! amazing!
Old 2019-05-15, 00:12
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
more like vachey kickstarter right?

they wanna release a orchestral ost version
Yep

Really amazing they've come up with this all of a sudden!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2019-05-15, 03:58
Zebrazilla

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twinkickstarter.jpg‎
Views:	530
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	10255  

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2019-05-15, 11:14
Magic Ball Master

Dang that's gonna be an expensive month...I want that Musicbox!
Old 2019-05-16, 17:43
LBA fan

Shut up and take my money!
Old 2019-05-16, 18:18
Azor Ahai

God yess!!
Old 2019-05-17, 04:53
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewH
Genuinely excited about this Wouldn't it be awesome if this Kickstarter was a way to test the waters to see how much interest there might in a potential sequel
Old 2019-05-17, 16:20
Twinsunian Quetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
Genuinely excited about this Wouldn't it be awesome if this Kickstarter was a way to test the waters to see how much interest there might in a potential sequel
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. And therefore, I also hope as many people will contribute to that kickstarter campaign. Otherwise if we only say WOOOOWWWW and do nothing, this will clearly show that after all these years, it's all wishes and talk but they'll make no money out of a 3rd installment of LBA. So I really do hope people will join and contribute!
Old 2019-05-17, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. And therefore, I also hope as many people will contribute to that kickstarter campaign. Otherwise if we only say WOOOOWWWW and do nothing, this will clearly show that after all these years, it's all wishes and talk but they'll make no money out of a 3rd installment of LBA. So I really do hope people will join and contribute!
Unless all the fans spend all their money on the perks for this Kickstarter campaign and don't have any money for the future LBA3 one, haha.

I made a post on here a while ago about how if anyone had a means to get in contact with Frederick about the idea of a Kickstarter, that would be great. I would personally be willing to invest quite a bit to get it going. Mind you, I'd probably settle for modern ports of the first two games that aren't designed for tablets and phones :P
Old 2019-05-18, 16:12
Look beyond reality.

Just take my money. Take it all god damnit!
Old 2019-05-18, 18:20
Twinsunian Quetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
Unless all the fans spend all their money on the perks for this Kickstarter campaign and don't have any money for the future LBA3 one, haha.
no such thing in today's world as to keep sobbing for gamers being poor and not having money, especially for a 22-year overdued comeback of their favourite franchise . I understood that in the early 2000s but now it is a thing of the past no matter what anyone says. So let LBA3 come, we can pay
Old 2019-05-20, 19:44
Lba1+2=3

Nice selection of awards! Think I was the first backer and am going for the "Magicball conjurers" reward tier! Let's hope it gets fully funded!
^^^
Old 2019-05-20, 22:33
Twinsunian Quetch

Is the backer of the 799 EUR pledge watching this thread? If so, I'd love to know who he is, since I'm thinking (although I'm probably going nuts) of doing the same crazy thing and this way we can get to know who'll go to Lyon, as it'd also be a nice MBN get-together
Old 2019-05-20, 22:39
Lba1+2=3

Quote:
Is the backer of the 799 EUR pledge watching this thread? If so, I'd love to know who he is, since I'm thinking (although I'm probably going nuts) of doing the same crazy thing and this way we can get to know who'll go to Lyon, as it'd also be a nice MBN get-together
That's me!! This sounds great and we should totally do it!
^^^
Old 2019-05-20, 23:02
Twinsunian Quetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lba1&2 View Post
That's me!! This sounds great and we should totally do it!
Haha so cool! Where you from mate? Hope we'll reach the funding goal!!!
Old 2019-05-20, 23:19
Lba1+2=3

Quote:
Haha so cool! Where you from mate? Hope we'll reach the funding goal!!!
I'm from London! So pretty easy to get to Lyon. Yea me too, although I'm a bit worried we won't since I expect most people would have backed by now if they were going to and we're still pretty far off :/

Really hope we do reach it though, I still listen to the soundtracks all the time and having then remastered would be amazing, I've got a bunch of questions I want to ask Philippe too and the items look really cool as well.
^^^
Old 2019-05-20, 23:50
Magic Ball Master

I'm pretty sure there will be some more people.
I need to get access to a credit card first. Never needed one before and I think it's a bit ridiculous that kickstarter is limited to credit card only.
Old 2019-05-21, 03:59

My credit card is about to explode. I backed the 399 EUR one. I'm from Argentina and it would be quite difficult for me to travel to Lyon so...
I just can't wait to have this LBA soundtrack + everything. I'M. SO. EXCITED.
Old 2019-05-21, 08:46

I backed the 399 EUR too. Traveling from Australia to France would cost me a little too much to have considered the really expensive one :P If I lived in London, I would have done it for sure though.

Even if this doesn't reach the Kickstarter goal, there's no way that Philippe wouldn't release the new scores.