Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: Should the US declare war on Iraq?
Yes. 5 15.15%
No. 26 78.79%
Who knows? or cares? 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-02-09, 13:29
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
What I'm disgusted about is that everybody says Germany and France should close the breach between the US and Europe again, while it's the US that made the breach...
Old 2003-02-09, 15:20
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica
What I'm disgusted about is that everybody says Germany and France should close the breach between the US and Europe again, while it's the US that made the breach...
I disagree, the breaking up of continental European - USA relations started when DeGaulle chucked the Americans out of France. From my experience of talking to colonial friends of mine, there's still a lot of bad blood about it.

Regards,
Morden
Old 2003-02-09, 16:42
Still in a dream...

I think yes. US should attack. Why? Think back to world war 2. Why did Germany get away with so much? Becuase they didn't think anyone would do anything. For months we have been saying that we will kill them or whatever, and if we walk away now, it will make us look stupid, as well as create another ww2 prelude problem. Thing is, I think Saddam has got weapons. Just Iraq is stupid for even considering a war. We have the superiority of arms: Britain have SA-80s, perchaps one of the best rifles in the world, and America have M-16s, as well as claymore mines, shit like that. What does Iraq have? Some cheap AK-47's, and poorly trained soldiers, whose tactics could be beaten by a bunch of cadets. Also, we allies have an Airforce. We can bomb the hell out of them. They have next to jack shit, and haven't the range to be able to bomb either UK or US. I think its already won for us before its started.
Old 2003-02-09, 16:56
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Of course we'd win any war, but the question is how to minimise casulitys on both sides.
Old 2003-02-09, 18:42
Somewhat evil

Send a message via MSN to Star
I don't care who would win or who would lose, 'cause I don't think there should be a war at all.
War is bad.
People will die, probably mostly innocent.
War is never good.
Old 2003-02-09, 19:54
Lauren...

Sometimes, no war is even worse.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2003-02-09, 19:59
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
No one's worrying about our ability to win the war.
People are concerned about the Iraqi civilians who will surely die if we begin a war. Allied causalties will be minimal, since most offense will be airborne.
Old 2003-02-09, 20:23
I may LOOK innocent

War is one of the most pathetic and disgusting inventions of humans. There are no winners and innocents get hurt.

HS> What do u mean?
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2003-02-09, 20:30
Still in a dream...

War is needed sometimes. Like, if WW2 didnt happen, who knows what would be happening now? People are now smart enough to avoid war, but its needed sometimes. Sure, people die, but, its inevitable. Like Lightwing said, we are not capable of peace. But, I think in a bizzare way, and please don't get me wrong here, WW1 and 2 were good in thier own way? Why? Becuase humainity saw how bad war is, and dont want a repeat of it. Im not saying WW1 and 2 should have happened, but maybe its for the best they did happen?
Old 2003-02-09, 20:38
Lauren...

I meant that, for example, Saddam isn't going to be stopped by a war, he'd kill more and more innocent people and that could be worse than a war.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2003-02-09, 20:38
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
All in all, I believe in striving for peace.

But, I don't think wars are stupid.
Sure, war should be avoided, but, since not everyone will agree to that, you can't afford to remain off guard.

I admire the courage people sometimes shown in wars, the will to defend your country, your family etc.

In THIS particular case, however, war should be avoided.
The united states have no right to meddle with the internal affairs of other countries, even if they are ruled by dictators.
The way they try to pass themselves off as heroes is sickening.
Like they care about the situation of the iraqi people.
Old 2003-02-09, 20:53
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by HomerSimpson
I meant that, for example, Saddam isn't going to be stopped by a war, he'd kill more and more innocent people and that could be worse than a war.
Yes he is, even if he escapes he has little power on his own.
==
Anakin ~ Do you have the right to stop someone loading a gun if they are about to kill you?
Thats how the US sees it.
Whether they are using the right method or not is questionable, but you gota see this from thier viewpoint too.
Old 2003-02-09, 20:57
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
Yes he is, even if he escapes he has little power on his own.
What do you mean?

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2003-02-09, 21:25
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Manticore
Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemona
I think yes. US should attack. Why? Think back to world war 2. Why did Germany get away with so much? Becuase they didn't think anyone would do anything. For months we have been saying that we will kill them or whatever, and if we walk away now, it will make us look stupid, as well as create another ww2 prelude problem.
i think Pande is right.
no one wants war but sometimes it just needed.
the US isnt doing this just to kill Iraqis, they are doing this to prevent something more terrible like bio/chem war or even nuclear war.
im sure that Sadam has some of these weapons and if u want that ALL the world to be safe than its better that these weapons wont be in the hands of some1 like Sadam.

Last edited by Manticore; 2003-02-09 at 22:00.
Old 2003-02-09, 21:33
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by HomerSimpson
What do you mean?
1 lunetic running about with a gun with a bounty on his head is a lot better then having that lunetic running the country, protect and surrounded by his armys.
Besides, once unprotected, im sure one of his own citisens would kill him even if the UN/US/UK dosnt get him.
Old 2003-02-09, 22:14
Lauren...

Ah yes. I agree.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2003-02-09, 22:26
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
im sure that Sadam has some of these weapons and if u want that ALL the world to be safe than its better that these weapons wont be in the hands of some1 like Sadam
1st of all: How can you be sure of that?
2nd: Avoid? Bush has even said that using nuclear weapons could be an option...

Btw this is a funny way to see things:

"America was targeted because we are the greatest place for freedom and opportuniy in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining" - Bush after 11 september.

Hmmm.. Is he stupid?

YES!
Old 2003-02-09, 22:30

How does it go? Oh yeah ...

NO WAR FOR OIL!

My family is off to the anti-war demo, I'm not - romantic weekend with girlfriend instead.

I've yet to see any evidence to prove Bush's (Yes, Bush, not the UN) case as to Iraq having any weapons at all to be honest.
Old 2003-02-09, 23:00
Magic Ball Master

The US is gonna declare war whether weapons of mass destruction are found or not. They'll just accuse Iraq of something else.

Really, this war is only really to serve the interests of Geroge "Redneck" Bush. He wants Iraq's oil, that's all their is to it. All the weapons stuff is just a cover up. Why would America be so concerned over Iraq, considering the fact that IF Iraq does have missiles, they wouldn't be able to reach anywhere near the US anyway.

I'm also quite dissapointed that Tony Blair has also got his head stuck up George W Bush's ass. He should take it out, he needs to breathe.
Old 2003-02-09, 23:11
Still in a dream...

Wow, deja vu. All my fucking friends decided to be boring BASTARDS and have a ROMANTIC weekend with thier GIRLFRIENDSĀ¬ Bah!
Old 2003-02-09, 23:13
Classic

YES, btw,their are missles that could reach the US.
And personaly, I think thats a silly argument, because even if they dont reach the US, they could reach other countries.
==
You lot are idiots.
Im sorry, but you are.
I hate tony bush as much as you, I really do.
But what your asking for is impossible.
THEY HAVE SHOWEN PROFF.
Sure, it could be fake, but how they hell are they supposed to prove it?
Take you there personaly?

Also, you must be quite ignorant about history, or physology.
Saddam has weapons, of course he does, they idea that he dosnt is rediculous.
The argument that he dosnt is doomed to failure simply because its not true, its counter logical and counter-physological.
====
However, there more legitmate and logic argument is how would a war actualy help?
This is a far more relivent topic of discusion.

Also, its "interesting" to note that those countries against war (French,Germany) are the ones already with strong ties to Saddams Oil already....curious no?

Also interesting is Bushs recent plan to invest money in developing Hydrogen powered cars spacificaly to reduce the US dependancy on foriegn Oil.
(allthough, I pretty sure this was a cheap,tacky, ploy to try to try to get back some of the enviromentalists who he pissed off by not signing upto Kyoto.
Theres no need for govement investment in this, heck, BMW are ready to sale Hydrogen fuel cell cars already.)

Last edited by Darkflame; 2003-02-09 at 23:28.
Old 2003-02-09, 23:24
Still in a dream...

Thing is, you gotta have some basic military understanding to really be able to comment. But for the benefit of those here who are retarded,

OFFCOURSE IRAQ HAS FUCKING WEAPONS OR ELSE WHY WOULD WE BE THERE?!!?!? Fucking hell......

We are there to capture the weapons, be they chemical or whatever, and engage any resistance. Who cares if they die? They know the shots. If you challenge us, you die. Simple as that. (That applying to those with rifles or whatever, not civilians. They should be left out as muhc as possible.)
Old 2003-02-09, 23:55
Magic Ball Master

I would normally mention something about stopping Hitler at munich (or munig, can't remember how to say/spell)...

But I think DF said it all.
Old 2003-02-10, 02:14
The return of

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
YES, btw,their are missles that could reach the US.
And personaly, I think thats a silly argument, because even if they dont reach the US, they could reach other countries.
==
You lot are idiots.
Im sorry, but you are.
I hate tony bush as much as you, I really do.
But what your asking for is impossible.
THEY HAVE SHOWEN PROFF.
Sure, it could be fake, but how they hell are they supposed to prove it?
Take you there personaly?

Also, you must be quite ignorant about history, or physology.
Saddam has weapons, of course he does, they idea that he dosnt is rediculous.
The argument that he dosnt is doomed to failure simply because its not true, its counter logical and counter-physological.
====
However, there more legitmate and logic argument is how would a war actualy help?
This is a far more relivent topic of discusion.

Also, its "interesting" to note that those countries against war (French,Germany) are the ones already with strong ties to Saddams Oil already....curious no?

Also interesting is Bushs recent plan to invest money in developing Hydrogen powered cars spacificaly to reduce the US dependancy on foriegn Oil.
(allthough, I pretty sure this was a cheap,tacky, ploy to try to try to get back some of the enviromentalists who he pissed off by not signing upto Kyoto.
Theres no need for govement investment in this, heck, BMW are ready to sale Hydrogen fuel cell cars already.)
First of all,. going on with the attitude of people being ignorant/idiots should stop, i havnt seen anything concrete coming from you, and the logic you state is far beyond unrealistic. Just stop, argu, but without the insults.
Everyone has an opinion, but being wrong for stating an opinion is not valid, ill make my words more clear...
UN, and america have yet to prove they have long range missles. Nothing powell said could even be considered proof when he came to the missles topic. That site was visited, and nothing of want america talked of was their. You could say they transported them, but when did we ever see them? Its a matter of "may's" "could of"'s that isnt proof when a person says "it might have had", and never can it be a solid reason for war, yet even being a reason is ridiculous.
What you are asking for, isnt impossible, but it irrational. The case bush made was 12 years of weapon concielment, yet in these 12 years they have had no proof presented of a neuclear program continuing. They have had no proof of bio weapons production, but it is far beyond stupid to believe statments like "we know of 3 trucks moving around, and are producig bio" How could they have ever detected 3 trucks moving around, what eyewitness will be able to reach them?
If they cant proove it to be real, what in the freacking world makes it proof?! Since when can we have unprooven evidence, then on that basis go to war?!
I agree he has weapons, but the case made is nieve. Pakistan and india have nukes, yet they dont hide them from public, and they made statements that they may be used. America has in the thousands, and they used 2 of them. The soviet, currently russia, sent submarines with nukes to america, and showed the potential of use. France mentioned that it will use them to protect its liberty. The case that many made is that saddam may use them if he aquires them, yet we know that any nation possesing them is ready to use their weapons. If saddam is developing chemichal and bio, then there are far more nations which alreay posses them. Yet what makes you think they wont use them to win a war? There case was saddam has shown ruthlessness in there usage, yet the only time he used them he had strong american backing, and no harrasmant from the UN. Many have made the case of war on iraq a matter of disregarding the UN resolutions, yet there are soo many nations, above all, america's greatest ally, israel, who has disregarded every single resolution that works to stop its wrong doing, and it does this with american support, america vitoed un resolutions which attempt to put an end to its military killings of palestineans. And america has said it is going to war to disarm, and because the iraqies decieve the un, yet when it goes to war it is disregarding the un and its resolutions, simply by the fact it is going to war unilateraly. So every reason it mentioned, it contradicted. This shows its intentions are not as you mention, to disarm for the sake of any country. America has made it public that it has trained a force to protect iraqi oil wells, why would it care if it were not to try dominate them? In 1976 america had readied a plan to take over large areas of saudi arabia, for oil controll, at the time when saudi arabia cut of oil shipments, what makes you think it has no renewal of these plans, this time against iraq?
What the war will do is make nothing but a american friendly, islam destroying regime in iraq, and control of oil by america.
You mentioned france and germany have oil deals, yet it is only france, and france has the right to. Yet that being the case of war is an attempt by people to hide frances sayings, by saying they are liars, also like to note america has lied with no limits on the topicm as has the uk. Curious? hell yes.
The case bush made about hydrogen cars failed, one they are way too expensive, 2, they wont reduce dependancy for a long time, as all the cars today are oil powered, and i doubt that will end soon, also the power that hydrogen cars generates are obsolete in comparison to a petroll powered engine. So many people will prefer oil cars.
Old 2003-02-10, 04:34
Magic Ball Master

Isn't it a bit funny that France and Germany, who both have close ties with Iraq oil, are opposing US and UK action?