Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: Should the US declare war on Iraq?
Yes. 5 15.15%
No. 26 78.79%
Who knows? or cares? 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-02-12, 15:22
Le dictateur

And with Bush's re-election campaign coming up he will need to pull a stunt to persuade America he is their best choice.

Saddam Hussain DOES have weapons, but is that a legitimate reason to go to war?
The US have weapons of mass destruction and have used them a lot the last decennium. Should the world say that America is a threat to society and kill Bush?

I think everyone agrees Saddam is a complete bee-atch, but a war will not just affect him and his army, hundreds of thousands of people will die due to this war, all because the US believe they own the truth.

Well, off course thit a rather crude view and There ARE reasons to remove Hussain, but America seems to be terribly selective in "rooting out evil". a lot of corrupt states in Africa and China too are completely overlooked. That must mean that bringing freedom is less of a motive for this war than economic reasons and Bush's hate for the guy whoe kicked his daddies @ss. (Well, he din't exactly, but Bush sr. couln't get him out of the way)
Old 2003-02-12, 15:42
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I am a bit confused... What do I want? I do not know. But I know this:
If America gets Saddam away they would of course set up some kind of USA-friendly leader, and what use is it then to get rid of Saddam? It would be shit again, probably. If America takes away Saddam, I want them to leave Iraq afterwards (to show that they do it because he is evil, and not because they want to gain control over the country) and let the Iraqis get a new leader who is independent and not under USA's rule.
Bush is as dangerous as Saddam in many ways, he has access to things that could destroy the world, he is also the "leader" of the west world. And still he has no sense at all! That guy has a large emptyness where the brain should be and THAT is dangerous. I hope the world will last until the new presidental election in US, and I also hope that we will never see the name Bush on an American president again. Fucking hell, he could use nuclears on the whole arab world if he gets a bit upset.
I hope that NATO will break down completely.
Saddam is sick, his people is suffering. But would it suffer more if USA bombs it?
Can America understand that they are not leaders of the world?
Etc
Old 2003-02-12, 15:45
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
And now that hatred against Islam is reaching new heights, is the best time to do it.

Double-J>> Because they have more of an excuse to attack Iraq, than they do to attack Saudia. The Saudian government have done nothing wrong, so why attack them?
I said Saudi just as an example of another oil-rich nation.

Hatred against Islam? For what happened, the American Citizens have been EXTREMELY tolerant towards Muslims. I expected some kind of radical racist group who would hunt down innocent muslim citizens or something after the attacks...

Quote:
And with Bush's re-election campaign coming up he will need to pull a stunt to persuade America he is their best choice.And with Bush's re-election campaign coming up he will need to pull a stunt to persuade America he is their best choice.

Saddam Hussain DOES have weapons, but is that a legitimate reason to go to war?
The US have weapons of mass destruction and have used them a lot the last decennium. Should the world say that America is a threat to society and kill Bush?

I think everyone agrees Saddam is a complete bee-atch, but a war will not just affect him and his army, hundreds of thousands of people will die due to this war, all because the US believe they own the truth.

Well, off course thit a rather crude view and There ARE reasons to remove Hussain, but America seems to be terribly selective in "rooting out evil". a lot of corrupt states in Africa and China too are completely overlooked. That must mean that bringing freedom is less of a motive for this war than economic reasons and Bush's hate for the guy whoe kicked his daddies @ss. (Well, he din't exactly, but Bush sr. couln't get him out of the way)
Bush's war might actually hurt him in the long run politically...

USA has weapons of mass destuction...but have we (besides WWII) used them on civilians? Do we currently use anthrax against our enemies despite knowing that it is violation (or should be) of wartime law?

Besides, "rooting out evil" isn't an instantaneous process. If we had more support besides Britain, then we would be able to perhaps go after terrorist cells in other countries...but because we stand alone with UK as worlds policemen, we have to direct our resources at the more dangerous and collectively harmful problem, which is the middle east cells such as Iraq/Hussain, Al-Qaeda, and Libyan terrorists...but I wouldn't mind seeing someone knock of Kim Jong Il or whatever his name is...

And Saddam kicked Bush seniors ass? I do recall that we swiftly WON the Gulf War...
Old 2003-02-12, 16:04
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gustav Sweden

I hope that NATO will break down completely.
[/QOUTE]

Why? Europe and America should stay as united as possible.
That's the key to keeping power.

World War 2 is an excellent example of how when nations are not united amongst themselves, they all fall one by one.

No one knows how the balance of power will change in the future? Imagine a modern othomanian empire..Not that i have anything against muslims, but to be honest, Islams growing in power is not at my best interests.

I think the allies should remain allies.
Old 2003-02-12, 16:13
Hello

The Warszawapact broke down, why not let the NATO break down then?
It is completely ruled by USA (or at least it has been, things start to alter now, and see how it is has been).
Why close the world? Why not invite the islam countries among us? Why not take away the power from the United States?

Also, a pact like NATO belongs in the 20th century, and not in this millenium.
Old 2003-02-12, 16:29
Magic Ball Master

Or at least kick out France, since they are being stupid...let's not help Turkey, a member of NATO, if they get attacked...France sucks sometimes.
Old 2003-02-12, 16:31
Hello

Is France stupid because they do not agree with America? That shows the mentality of americans.
Old 2003-02-12, 16:36
Magic Ball Master

No, they are stupid because they are refusing to help a member of a united coalition which they are a part of. The coalitions PURPOSE is to help the other members, yet France doesn't seem to want to do that. By supporting Turkey, they aren't helping US, they are NATO protecting Turkey from possible attacks.

Are all swedes stupid like you for not seeing this?
Old 2003-02-12, 16:40
Hello

You see why I dont want NATO to exist? You are completely locked in as a member of NATO...
Isn't America stupid then since France refuse to attack Iraq, and USA wants to.
Old 2003-02-12, 16:56
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Gustav Sweden
Is France stupid because they do not agree with America? That shows the mentality of americans.
I agree with Jay, France isn't just "objecting" to US action, it's obstructing US action.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a war, especially with this much controversy around, but allies shouldn't be this obstructive.

Regards,
Morden
Old 2003-02-12, 19:19
Party animal

What about america? they are starting a war who's justification is debatable, and they're pressuring everyone to go along!!
Maybe America is to blame for everything, because they are just being war mungering.

On the scale of "badness" i'd say:

war mungering (america) > seperatism (France)
Old 2003-02-12, 19:26

Hey - last time America did the separatist boogie, WWII happened.

Now I think of it, last time a situation similar to this ocurred, WWII happened...

Flak jackets and concrete bunker time?
Old 2003-02-12, 19:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by demonixz
Hey - last time America did the separatist boogie, WWII happened.

Now I think of it, last time a situation similar to this ocurred, WWII happened...

Flak jackets and concrete bunker time?
I guess Pearl Harbor meant nothing...maybe we should've let Hitler kick your ass, since we were completely objecting to the war until Japan pulled us in.
Old 2003-02-12, 19:47
Magic Ball Master

Not only that, but France should remember that if it fails to participate in a NATO action, it shouldn't expect NATO help if it ends up in a military situation.

The only reason they object to the war is their fear of losing Iraqi oil ties, they know France is not a target of Saddam, they don't DO anything in the international community.
Old 2003-02-12, 20:09
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
"Greedy basterds of OPEC"

What do you want then? Oil for 4 bucks?
They deserve to ask that amount, it's their oil, it are their instalations

If the US would have this amount of oil, they certainly wouldn't have asked any less for it.
Old 2003-02-12, 20:15

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
I guess Pearl Harbor meant nothing...maybe we should've let Hitler kick your ass, since we were completely objecting to the war until Japan pulled us in.
What now?

Woaaaah on the nationalism there ... That was a comment on the fact that everybody seems to be disregarding the U.N., much like the manner in which the L.O.N. was disregarded prior to WWII...

That was not a criticsm of America's role in WWII in point of fact - although it is generally agreed that the lack of U.S. involvement led to the downfall of the L.O.N, itself a key factor in WWII. I was simply indicating a further parallel in circumstance.

No yanqui-bashing intended there.

Can't resist ...

"Ever since the dark days before pearl harbour, I've been proud to wear this uniform.." - MASH

Last edited by demonixz; 2003-02-12 at 21:39.
Old 2003-02-12, 20:24
Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica
"Greedy basterds of OPEC"

What do you want then? Oil for 4 bucks?
They deserve to ask that amount, it's their oil, it are their instalations

If the US would have this amount of oil, they certainly wouldn't have asked any less for it.
Yeah, I saw that too.. I entered the opec site earlier today to see who was in it, and of course those countries have to take high prizes. Poor countries, many of them, in need of money. The prize of oil cant be too low, that would harm the environment of the planet, and also the precious oil supplies might one day run out. Therefor I think that the oil prizes must be higher than they are today, much higher (I think of, for example, gas prizes), and perhaps people would see that there are other options than oil.
Old 2003-02-12, 21:07
Party animal

You guys are forgetting the embargo on iraq.
There is a boycott on most of Iraq's comoditties.
Oil is one of the few things they are allowed to sell.
No one has a right to complain about the oil prices.
Their life is shit enough as it is.
Old 2003-02-13, 01:19
Magic Ball Master

M*A*S*H is my favorite television series (Trapper John RULEZ!!!)

Let's also not forget the Woodrow Wilson, President of The United States, Panama involvement/canal, INVENTED the L.O.N. (which the US did back out of, true.)
Old 2003-02-13, 12:34
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
You guys are forgetting the embargo on iraq.
There is a boycott on most of Iraq's comoditties.
Oil is one of the few things they are allowed to sell.
No one has a right to complain about the oil prices.
Their life is shit enough as it is.
The embargo is a good idea, untill Saddam goes.
What they do sale HAS TOO go to food.
Its to stop Saddam spending his citisens money on weapons.
If saddam goes, the embargo will be lifted straight away. (the US said this ages ago, im 99.9% sure they would stick to it, it would make their own lives easier).
Old 2003-02-13, 12:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
Since you're a friend Jay, I'll let that one go.

Just DO NOT say something like that again.

Morden
Old 2003-02-13, 15:02
The return of

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemona
NO. AMERICA HAS FUCKING ENOUGH OIL TO LAST 2 FUCKING YEARS!!!

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES MUSt IT BE SAID!?!?!?

America can get oil from Iran, Saudi, North Sea, Pacific, Atlantica has some I believe. Oil isnt an issue.
2 years of reserve, now you see the prices will increase per barrel 10 folds so much for your theory. Plus, there are mainstream oil suppliers, the oil industry prices depend not on what the country decides, but the over all output of all oil producing nations, so when people pull out their oil supplies it puts pressure on other countries to produce more, increasing prices...

jj- the last thing is france needing military support in any conflict it fights, its not far back from the US, and it has the same capascity as the US. For example US could have 3000 planes, france 2000, but realisticly when they both enter cxonflict there not gonna use all the 2000/3000 planes, ey?
Old 2003-02-13, 22:06
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Morden279
Since you're a friend Jay, I'll let that one go.

Just DO NOT say something like that again.

Morden

Ooops! I forgot, that demonix is British, not French...

Sorry...but if we were talking about France, it would be true, since I think they set a wartime record for quickest surrender.
Old 2003-02-13, 22:13
Still in a dream...

Its a fucked up world we live in..

Mini-me ...stop humping the laser, ok, honest to god, why don't you and the giant laser get a frikkin' room for god's sake? - Remeber, if George Bush was this stupid, we would be doomed
Old 2003-02-14, 02:32
Magic Ball Master

"WHERE ARE THE SHARKS WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTATCHED TO THEIR HEADS???"