Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-27, 17:42
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
i have no idea what is going on at this point
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-07-27, 18:48
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
In other words, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
Usually. It doesn't mean that it will always be the correct one.
Old 2013-07-27, 19:21
Do the evolution.

Twinsan just so you know actually the widely used version of Ockham's razor is only somewhat accurate, but not how it was originally formulated. And it likely did not originate with William of Ockham, however he did subscribe to the notion. Also the name Ockham's razor originated in the 1880's.

The rule comes from the latin phrase "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" meaning "Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity" and originally it was "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate" meaning "plurality is not to be supposed without necessity".

What we consider as Ockham's razor is contained in the original statement, however there's more to it then that.
Old 2013-07-27, 19:46
Party animal

Wait, Battler told us his theory, but what is Twinsan's theory exactly?
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-07-27, 20:59
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Wait, Battler told us his theory, but what is Twinsan's theory exactly?
*Hypothesis
Old 2013-07-27, 21:09
Party animal

"theory" in everyday speech and "theory" in science mean different things.
if this were a scientific journal, your correction would have been called for. but it's not so go suck on a dead dog's nose!
Old 2013-07-27, 21:19
Do the evolution.

You've tagged the thread as philosophy so I'm not going to chew on any recently deceased canines and go on correcting.
Old 2013-07-27, 23:33
Party animal

I didn't tag this thread as anything, actually.
Old 2013-07-28, 00:27
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Twinsan alleges somehow, SpaceGuitarist was able to get an exact older IP he used who knows when on this forum, on another forum recently to attack him. Now knowing that dynamic IP's are random, and we're talking a big number of IP's here for a country like Brazil, the chances of him hitting an IP that so happened to be used are slim, so the only way would have been for SpaceGuitarist to deliberately change IP's repeatedly in order to get that particular IP. But that runs contrary to any logic, since one would only deliberately cause an IP match if they wanted to get busted, but then he wouldn't repeatedly swear that he's innocent...

According to the defense theory, and leaving all needless speculation aside, someone who was not SpaceGuitarist attacked Twinsan on another forum, then started making up IP after IP until one happened to match. So basically someone's intention was to impersonate SpaceGuitarist in order to turn Twinsan against him.

Now, that said, I though of it a bit, and I think #lba and the Moderators here aren't guilty of anything. I suspect Twinsan attempted to impersonate SpaceGuitarist because he hates him or something, who knows. The fact the alleged attacker apparently knew about something Twinsan clearly stated only he (Twinsan) knew of, adds weight to this hypothesis.
And let me just mention that KenOath is routinely doing that with me - sending himself lots of fake threatening spam written in a way that is reminiscent of my own posting style but of course failing to avoid adding in his own characteristics such as manual line breaks, using & instead of and, etc. And just like in the case of the attack against Twinsan, in the KenOath case too there have been cases of claims made up on the spot in order to turn a known piece of information into evidence against me.

I see a lot of parallels here, the most evident of which is that Twinsan to SpaceGuitarist and KenOath to me are both showing refusal to ever forgive or consider alternate possibilities, but instead insisting to death that their version of the story is true and getting offended whenever someone dares doubt it.

Also, Twinsan might also be for some reason offended at #lba, maybe because of that bashing behind his back, who knows, and thus might be attempting to base his ways on information he knows that may not be disclosed, in order to attempt to keep the conflict between me and #lba going, too.
Old 2013-07-28, 01:03
Party animal

I see, well sgk will be disappointed. Just when he was beginning to think he's some clever detective and that "all the jigsaw pieces are falling into place"

Twinsan posted two ips in that thread and one of them was an ip used by sgk.

Now, are you telling me that someone managed to guess an ip used by sgk in the past in two guesses?

Let's say for simpilicity's sake that an ip always has 10 digits, which means there are 10000000000 possible ips in the world. (obviously there are more, but we're trying to keep things simple).

Let's also say, for argument's sake, that sgk has used 20,000 different ips during his time on the mbn, that would make the probability of someone guessing one of his ips correctly in two tries exactly 0.000004%.

How does that fit into your theory?

---
(note that i'm not saying sgk actually did it, i have no idea if he did, i just had to point out the flaw in your theory)

Last edited by Reek; 2013-07-28 at 01:09.
Old 2013-07-28, 11:04
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Reek: No, Twinsan could have asked some Moderator for any SpaceGuitarist IP starting with a certain number, claiming he wanted to simply verify if there was a match... then after getting the IP, he would have started claiming the IP matches, as simple.
Also, his own girlfriend, Zee, has some kind of Moderator access here on the MBN, so he could have simply asked her to retrive him a list of SpaceGuitarist's IP's.

Edit: Looking at that other thread again, I see 3 or 4 different IP's being mentioned, and a post of Twinsan's containing one of the IP's being quoted by SpaceGuitarist but seemingly gone. And Twinsan seems to come up with IP after IP.

Last edited by Battler; 2013-07-28 at 11:16.
Old 2013-07-28, 12:05
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- Reek: No, Twinsan could have asked some Moderator for any SpaceGuitarist IP starting with a certain number, claiming he wanted to simply verify if there was a match... then after getting the IP, he would have started claiming the IP matches, as simple.
Also, his own girlfriend, Zee, has some kind of Moderator access here on the MBN, so he could have simply asked her to retrive him a list of SpaceGuitarist's IP's.

Edit: Looking at that other thread again, I see 3 or 4 different IP's being mentioned, and a post of Twinsan's containing one of the IP's being quoted by SpaceGuitarist but seemingly gone. And Twinsan seems to come up with IP after IP.
Zee does not have that kinda moderator access and she is not my girlfriend anymore. She wasn't even on the forum's at the time this happened and it make no sense anyways, as if Zee had access to the list, why would I have gotten a single ip wrong?

Also I am fairly certain none of the mods would not go along with that, jasiek had to pm darkflame and I have no idea why Jesse verified the ip, they are not supposed to be doing that i don't think. Also in the thread you say there was 3 or 4 ip's I made up, thats inconsistent with your theory that i asked the most about various ips for a match as the ones in the thread used by the fake lychee are not a match and thus why would i post them, if I had already asked the moderators to confirm them?

Also I don't know much about ip's, but I am fairly certain as reek pointed out, the odds of getting the right one are remote, I have have to be one lucky guy to guesses right in so few guess.
Old 2013-07-28, 12:16
Neko

Also it doesn't have to be an OLD ip.
I just said, the one mentioned was used on the mbn before and it was sgk.

That means it could be that while he was on irc, he was also on the mbn.

Having said all this, I have no idea if the ip was used on irc at all actually. So he could still have been framed
Old 2013-07-28, 12:39
Welcome to Zirla!

- Twinsan: Yes, the odds of getting the right IP are remote... even for SpaceGuitarist. He doesn't have some special power to choose what IP he'll get assigned, and if he did, I seriously doubt he'd choose an IP he's used here before and that could therefore bust him, while at the same time professing his innocence. It makes no damned sense.
Also regular Moderator access does let you see IP's - I know I could until I got that ability revoked.

- Jesse: It was Twinsan who gave you the IP's to verify, and he could have harvested them during all the times both him and SpaceGuitarist were in #lba at the same time, especially as EFNet doesn't use IP/host cloaking at all and thus IP's/hosts are visible to anyone.
Then all he had to do was ask you guys to check the harvested IP's one by one, claiming they were used for the attack, until one matched.
Old 2013-07-28, 12:48
Neko

Ah thanks. Whoever did it must be a bit bored
Old 2013-07-28, 13:37
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
- Twinsan: Yes, the odds of getting the right IP are remote... even for SpaceGuitarist. He doesn't have some special power to choose what IP he'll get assigned, and if he did, I seriously doubt he'd choose an IP he's used here before and that could therefore bust him, while at the same time professing his innocence. It makes no damned sense.
Also regular Moderator access does let you see IP's - I know I could until I got that ability revoked.

- Jesse: It was Twinsan who gave you the IP's to verify, and he could have harvested them during all the times both him and SpaceGuitarist were in #lba at the same time, especially as EFNet doesn't use IP/host cloaking at all and thus IP's/hosts are visible to anyone.
Then all he had to do was ask you guys to check the harvested IP's one by one, claiming they were used for the attack, until one matched.

Why would his be randomly assigned? Isn't it the case the ip you using with a computer is always that ip?
Old 2013-07-28, 14:14
Welcome to Zirla!

- Twinsan: No, in come ISP's or countries, you get a different IP every day. It's called a dynamic IP. In countries like Brazil or China, dynamic IP's are the norm.
The scenario you describe, is a static IP, which never changes, and is more common here in the West but even here it's not the norm - it completely depends on the ISP.
Old 2013-07-28, 14:57
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
- Twinsan: No, in come ISP's or countries, you get a different IP every day. It's called a dynamic IP. In countries like Brazil or China, dynamic IP's are the norm.
The scenario you describe, is a static IP, which never changes, and is more common here in the West but even here it's not the norm - it completely depends on the ISP.
That would explain why people were so skeptical over the matching ip's, but he is still not off the hook, not by a long shot, all those ips from the fake Lychee logging on, were from brazill, still mean it could have been him that was doing the attacks against me and if the person is to be believe, poor Zee too, which would explain why she has not been on the forums given what the person claimed was said.
Old 2013-07-28, 15:02
Neko

More interesting, can someone from outside brazil obtain an adress coming from brazil?
Old 2013-07-28, 15:23
You Only Live Twice

Who ever was pretending to be, lychee, has a history of spying on lba, as they revealed personal information about me in taunts that only certain people knew on the lba and as battler so kindly pointed out I am naive. Battler has a history of spying on the mbn and i would not be surprised after my attack on sgk if the two are in cohorts, that battler has secretly been posing as people on lba to find out more information to discredit them, due to his grudge against them, to which sgk has made apprent he also shares and now battler has agree to discredit me on sgk's orders, anything he has said so far could have long put to rest the argument in the accusations thread, to which he has no posts in and why did he suddenly realize his so called parallels with the current situation and his bullying situation. It is a possibility.
Old 2013-07-28, 15:53
Welcome to Zirla!

- Jesse: No, unless the IP is an open proxy. But the fact remains, three or four IP's were discussed, only one matched SpaceGuitarist, and no clear evidence was provided publicly for any of the IP's being used for the attack. And none of the IP's was tested for open ports, so for all we know, any or all could have been an open proxy and we don't even know.
I think, if this attack/impersonation caused on IRC, someone should ask the EFNet staff what IP did Lychee use that time.

- Twinsan: So now you're accusing me because I proved your evidence to be on shaky grounds. Yeah, very mature there...
Also, it's interesting that you want to blame anyone except for the people of #lba... you seem to completely discard the possibility that someone of them did it.
To me, this shows only two outcomes are possible: either it was one of them and you're in cahoots with them, or it was you and you've decided to ruin anyone who steps in your way.
Interesting, this is another exact parallel with KenOath's behavior - switching blame to whoever was more convincing. For the spam he allegedly receives, he first blamed unblestone, then Namronia, then me, and now he seems to have switched to my friend Wack0 a.k.a. The Distractor (nothing to do with the MBN's wacko).

As for why I haven't replied to the accusations thread - I was inactive for a few weeks, if you notice, I haven't even checked my own Wrestlefest yet. By the time I decided to start coming onto MBN again, the other thread was already closed, and I didn't make a new one because that'd be against the rules.
I then opened my mouth in this thread because people were nasty to him.

Also, I'm not trying to discredit your here - you're digging your own hole by insisting that it must have been someone who dislikes you or #lba that impersonated Zee, and insisting on refusing to consider the possibility that it was someone from #lba.
But if my hunch is correct, then #lba indeed have nothing to do with this, and instead this is your personal war and you're following closely in KenOath's footsteps.

Edit #2: Interesting, this "you're out there to discredit me/ruin my reputation" is the exact same thing KenOath is constantly accusing me of too.
Old 2013-07-28, 15:55
Party animal

one thing though, i was in #lba when fake lychee logged in (at the time i thought it was the real lychee), and what ensued was a half hour long argument between twinsan and 'lychee', full of dramatic outbursts and long silences. the theory that twinsan is some master trollster who argued with himself for half an hour just so he could frame sgk is an incredibly stupid one, and could only have been thought up by someone who didn't see what happened (Battler). Do you have anybody else you want to falsely accuse battler? you, who weren't even there and didn't see what happened?

Last edited by Reek; 2013-07-28 at 16:27.
Old 2013-07-28, 16:01
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
- Jesse: No, unless the IP is an open proxy. But the fact remains, three or four IP's were discussed, only one matched SpaceGuitarist, and no clear evidence was provided publicly for any of the IP's being used for the attack. And none of the IP's was tested for open ports, so for all we know, any or all could have been an open proxy and we don't even know.
I think, if this attack/impersonation caused on IRC, someone should ask the EFNet staff what IP did Lychee use that time.

- Twinsan: So now you're accusing me because I proved your evidence to be on shaky grounds. Yeah, very mature there...
Also, it's interesting that you want to blame anyone except for the people of #lba... you seem to completely discard the possibility that someone of them did it.
To me, this shows only two outcomes are possible: either it was one of them and you're in cahoots with them, or it was you and you've decided to ruin anyone who steps in your way.
Interesting, this is another exact parallel with KenOath's behavior - switching blame to whoever was more convincing. For the spam he allegedly receives, he first blamed unblestone, then Namronia, then me, and now he seems to have switched to my friend Wack0 a.k.a. The Distractor (nothing to do with the MBN's wacko).

As for why I haven't replied to the accusations thread - I was inactive for a few weeks, if you notice, I haven't even checked my own Wrestlefest yet. By the time I decided to start coming onto MBN again, the other thread was already closed, and I didn't make a new one because that'd be against the rules.
I then opened my mouth in this thread because people were nasty to him.

Also, I'm not trying to discredit your here - you're digging your own hole by insisting that it must have been someone who dislikes you or #lba that impersonated Zee, and insisting on refusing to consider the possibility that it was someone from #lba.
But if my hunch is correct, then #lba indeed have nothing to do with this, and instead this is your personal war and you're following closely in KenOath's footsteps.
Haha your just as paranoid as me tbh, expect people seem to be under the impression your parnoid all the time, I am paranoid because of the attack doen against me on lba#, but if you must know I did consider the lba# playing funny buggers agaist me and I lashed out and attacked them in rage.

You can say what you want about comparing me to your bully, all i can say is I am not him, any other arguments would lead to hypocricy because i attacked sgk on evidence i was unaware was shaky.

The truth is I am lashing out in pain like a wounded animal, you can chose to believe it or not, Idk really care.
Old 2013-07-28, 16:05
Welcome to Zirla!

- Twinsan: Truth is, you're being a big child over this entire matter and so am I.
Old 2013-07-28, 16:08
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
- Reek: Thank you for saying what happened. Then it's clear it's someone from #lba pulling shit. And given Rex_Hollywood's known impersonation of Pimmin, it comes as no surprise.
Also your friend Twinsan here is also falsely accusing ME of having been it. But yet, you only attack me and not him. Why is that, eh? I bet you're enjoying seeing him attack the heck out of me.

And as for someone bringing a sockpuppet into an IRC channel and arguing with it for half and hour or more, I've seen it happen before. A guy named Patrick a.k.a. betacollector21 did it in mid-2010 with his ur1337z sockpuppet.
And KenOath did stuff like that too.
Pretty easy to make up stuff what this mysterious ken0ath bully did to you. Every time you make a comparison between me and him and what both of us seemingly did, it seems lees and less probale your telling the truth. I would not be surprised if your just here to discredit us on lba. For what i have accused you of, I am pointing out the possibility also exist your in on this as equally as your own theories on the matter hold ground.
Closed Thread

Tags
philosophy