Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

News Discuss the news posted on the MBN here

Old 2007-01-18, 05:11

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
The Relentless Movie Project needs YOU!

Calling all peeps at the MBN to join the Relentless Movie Project. We have recently established a fine list of tasks pertaining to the first five minutes of this animated feature. You can volunteer in a number of ways, ranging from character modeling to simply posting your feedback on the RMP forum. Here are, however, various Job openings.

Note: While we are aware that all of us are not getting paid to work on RMP, and that we have our own lives to manage (school, work, private life, etc...), we will ask for a small degree of dedication for the bigger tasks (like modeling Twinsen).

Please reply in the following fashion:

Primary Job Position (what you really want to do)
Secondary Job Positions (if you want to do more than one thing)
E-mail (so we can contact you)

Job Listings

Character Modeler
As a CG Modeler you must have access to Maya or 3DsMax and have a substantial experience with either one of the software. As a character modeler you take up tasks to create low or high-polygon models of generic characters (spheros, rubibunnies, grobos, quetches, animals) or main protagonists (Twinsen, Dino-Fly, Zoe, FunFrock, etc). Please visit the following threads for more in-depth tasks:
Quetch Models
Grobo Models
Rabibunny Models
Sphero Models

Rigger
Kind of goes hand in hand with character creation. The person who models the character usually gets to do this job as well, albeit not always. One would need to have access to either Maya or 3DsMax (preferably 3DsMax) and know how to rig a character for future animation.

Environment Modeler
This person should have access to either 3DsMax or Maya. He/she may create anything from small art assets (lamps, chairs, desks) to the big stuff (mountains, buildings, etc).

3D Animator
This person must have access to 3DsMax and be able to animate either characters or objects (bouncing balls, falling objects, etc).

Texture Artist
This job involves creating textures for characters and environments. Texturing can be either procedural or involve UV mapping. As a texturer you may either create textures in Photoshop (or an equivalently capable software), apply the textures onto models or do both. If you want to apply textures onto models you would need to have access to 3DsMax.

Concept Artist
This person would use either traditional arts (drawing), 2D software (Photoshop), or even 3D stuff (example: Bryce) to conceptualize environments, characters, objects, and events.

For more information, please visit this thread: http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=11844

Music Designer / Composer
As a music designer you would compose and/or actually synthesize music using software appropriate for the task. And if you have your own orchestra, hay, more power to you

Sound FX Designer / Foley Artist
This person would provide various sounds for the movie, including ambient noise and sound FX (slamming doors, footsteps, gunfire, etc).

The Feedback Guy/Gal
Don't even really need to sign up for this task We would really appreciate if anybody would comment and critique the work being done for the project. Likewise, any suggestions towards concepts, story, and anything else would also be a big plus. Us folks at the RMP forums always look forward to feedback from others. Please remember that the Relentless Movie Project is open to all members at the MBN. If you simply want to do miscellaneous research for the project, comment around the forum, etc...that's fine too

Cheers!
The RMP Team.

P.S. As I understand, the RMP web-site has a section where signed up members can create and assign specific tasks for themselves. I would, however, inform other people (especially project leaders) of any major tasks you decide to do (like modeling a character or an environment).

Just to give you an idea about how serious we are on re-starting this project: we plan to finish the first 5 minutes of the movie in the next several months, hopefully by May/June. Naturaly, it'll all depend on how many people decide to work on the project, however, this time the RMP Team really means to get the ball rolling.

Last edited by elmuerte; 2007-01-18 at 20:38. Reason: added fp tags
Old 2007-01-18, 11:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Good post Lightwing!
Come on people!

The RMP needs YOU
Old 2007-01-18, 17:23
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

I'd love to come help you, but I don't think anything on that list really applies to me, except feedback, which isn't really a *thing*.
Old 2007-01-18, 17:24
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Hello, Stupid Newbie speaking here. I've been following this forum for some time, but I thought I couldn't add anything worthwhile until I saw this post today. I've been a semi-musician for a few years, making music mostly with software synthesizers and MIDI, and I thought I could help he project if anyone needs me. Trust me, I'm not half as good as Phillip Vachey (at least I think so, ), but I think I could give it a try, especially if there are more musicians whom I could trade ideas with and such. I'm currently working on a new album, but you can drop me a line anytime you wish. Trust me, I'm not doing this for self-promotion. I just really wanna see the project going steady, and if I can help make it go faster, well, I'll do it.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by SirMustapha; 2007-01-18 at 17:24. Reason: Small grammar fixing
Old 2007-01-18, 17:27
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
I really hope you finish this project, but i really cant help you in any way.
Old 2007-01-18, 17:37
Swedish skinner

Send a message via MSN to VampicLord
I'd like to do the texturing.
I have good experience in that.
I have working with skins in Half life 2 and Counter strike (Lots more but i dont want to spam this thread)
Old 2007-01-18, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
I'd love to come help you, but I don't think anything on that list really applies to me, except feedback, which isn't really a *thing*.
It sure IS a thing, lil lady! May it be known that not too many people these days do that sort of thing 'round the RMP forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Newbie
Hello, Stupid Newbie speaking here. I've been following this forum for some time, but I thought I couldn't add anything worthwhile until I saw this post today. I've been a semi-musician for a few years, making music mostly with software synthesizers and MIDI, and I thought I could help he project if anyone needs me.
We'll probably try to steer away from MIDI quality, albeit I can't say anything for certain at this stage. However, any abilities with music is a plus! There's lot to be done with that skill. Stick around the forums and feel free to sign up on the RMP website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy
I really hope you finish this project, but i really cant help you in any way.
We can always use another Feedback Guy/Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampicLord
I'd like to do the texturing.
I have good experience in that.
I have working with skins in Half life 2 and Counter strike (Lots more but i dont want to spam this thread)
Nice. What software have you worked with? I used to work on some HL1 mods back when WorldCraft was the THING for it. Did some textures then, though not much.
Old 2007-01-18, 18:04

Thanks, Lightwing! I understand that there'll probably be a demand for good sounding music, so I think MIDI will be more handy just for the composition stages. That's why I'll be happy to collaborate with other people. I'll try to find my way around here, so thanks again for the attention.
Old 2007-01-18, 18:19
You what?!

I'd love to do the music thing... My stuff all comes out in .wav or .mp3 though, so I'm not sure I'm any good.

Plus I really prefer to work alone anyways... Several musicians for one project kills the atmosphere, I believe.

Anyways. I'm your reserve should you find no one better.
Old 2007-01-18, 18:39
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
El_Muerte, the entire first post on the main page is too long... Is it possible maybe to only show the first paragraph, with a link saying "Read more..."?

edit: on a more on-topic note, as much as I wish the best luck for this project, there really isn't much I can contribute with. Maybe once a more serious work on the script is done I'll try giving some suggestions. In the meanwhile, good luck
Old 2007-01-18, 20:34
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
El_Muerte, the entire first post on the main page is too long... Is it possible maybe to only show the first paragraph, with a link saying "Read more..."?
yes I know, I made a hack for that for an other site, just haven't imported it here
Old 2007-01-19, 01:51
Boobs!

Primary Job: Foley Artist, Final Sound Mixer, Final/Experimental Render (Final - Maya, 3DS Max, etc. Experimental - Vue 6 Infinite)
Secondary: Voice Artist, Publication Design (Eg, Static HD renders), Textures (8MP Canon Camera).
E-Mail: [email address]

Last edited by SebZ; 2007-01-19 at 02:10.
Old 2007-01-19, 09:53
Magic Ball Master

Well guys you know about me. Im currently working full steam on the Prequel cut scenes but if you need some help pm me.

I look forward to seeing this complete

Old 2007-01-19, 13:28
Panadol It's My Choice

Send a message via MSN to panadol
I would like to help but i don't have the skills... :P
Old 2007-01-19, 14:34
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Unlikely, we need help with:

3D Modeling,
Textureing,
2D artwork,
Voice Acting,
Researching (searching the forum and the web for specific things needed),
Music,
And general feedback/commenting.

Theres pretty much room for everyone to help with something, you dont have to be uber-class modeling wizz's.

Please people, also dont underestimate the importance of feedback on the rmp forums. This is a community project, so when someone makes an asset it is very helpfull for them to get feedback on it

=====

VampicLord ~ Absolutely, we will need a lot of textureing help

Remember theres a list of specific tasks here:

http://el-muerte.student.utwente.nl/~rmp/tasks.php

This is the RMP's special depot site where everything made is stored, and everything still to do is catagorised.

If you want full access please send a PM to "Firephoenix"
Old 2007-01-19, 17:29
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
We can always use another Feedback Guy/Gal
In this case im in :P
Old 2007-01-20, 17:00
Neko

I resubmit for the music job.

for examples see my link in my signature, especially open the gates, nacht van de vlinder and b-minor:

current jobs:

1. lbaprequel
2. lba the great revolution
3. A secret project, nothing to do with lba
4. UFO: Enemy Unknown aka X-Com: Ufo Defense ---> a remake of this.

styles: anything except for metal/hardcore trash...
Old 2007-01-20, 17:06
Classic

Quote:
4. UFO: Enemy Unknown aka X-Com: Ufo Defense ---> a remake of this
Thats a big task O_o
Old 2007-01-20, 17:30
Neko

http://ufo.yaa.dk/

That music section is by several artists...
Old 2007-01-20, 19:59

We'll need to get together to discuss the music for the movie sometime soon (probably in the next few weeks).
Old 2007-01-29, 11:52

If I would have any skills I would really want to help but I do not think I can do much more then give feedback .

Perhaps i can help with the concept art stuff. It should not be to difficult to setup a websystem that will make it easy to manage all the content. Oh perhaps i should reply in the other thread.

Anyway i got to go
Old 2007-01-29, 12:34
Classic

great to hear
Old 2007-01-31, 13:03
Happy!

Send a message via MSN to Bender
I'd Really really love to help with this, ive spoken about this b4 about offering assistance, i can do everything except concept artist, stick figures r my concepts, lol.
Ive done, Photoshop, Rigging, modeling, character design, story boarding, story design, concept "wasnt very good at that one", animationm sound design and movie editing all centrerd in a gaming/cinamatic style, and would really love to help out.
@ SirMustapha, it would be kool if u did make it in middi, its very easy for urself or some1 else to open it up in fruity loops and change the instruments around, make it sound more moderner.
Only prob is I am quite busy these days, I would like to offer my assistance prefibly doing/fixing small things to start off with, then when i get more time work up a bit.
And, do u "hand" bone the models in max, or are you using Blue Rig or something similar, Ive found Blue Rig to be an invaluable time saver and its exceptionaly good, even works in game engines.

I'll add u 2 msn Darkflame and well have a talk, cheerrz
Old 2007-01-31, 16:33
LBA3 OR DIE!

i wish i could help, but i don't have the time. university sucks for that :P

good lucks! i look forward to the finished product
Old 2007-01-31, 18:40
Classic

Telanis ~ Sure, we understand times a big problem. If you could just visit when you can, even feedback is helpfull

Bender ~ Nice chat, Welcome to the team