Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

News Discuss the news posted on the MBN here

Old 2007-12-09, 13:37
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
LBA1 - Red Card Bug Fix

I am pleased to announce that I have made a small bug fix for that annoying LBA1 problem. It's not like this couldn't be done very easy, but many new users who are playing LBA1 for the first time seem to experience this bug and well it is rather unpleasant since you have to restart the whole game.

download
More information
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by elmuerte; 2007-12-09 at 19:03.
Old 2007-12-09, 22:13
Magic Ball Master

Hmmmm, wasn't it better to fix the error in the story code, instead of change the scenario?!

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2007-12-09, 22:27
You what?!

This way is probably much simpler, and also helps the storyline run more smoothly if you have to do things in the right order.
Good work Quetch.
Old 2007-12-09, 22:28
Twinsunian Quetch

I was afraid to do that cause it may have caused other things, thus resulting in other bugs ... so modifying the scene is the simplest, easiest and most bugproof method in my opinion.

p.s.: thanks Kitarii !!!
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-12-09, 22:37
Magic Ball Master

Easier it should be indeed, but I don't think this should be the best method to solve this bugs, still it was a great idea to make that.

Talking about this, it came into my mind, that it was good if all community join together to find bugs like this and create a list of all of them, with the necessary descriptions of how that could happen, so we could, in story code, fix all those bugs. I think this will be a nice project to do and surely the Adeline Team will appreciate. Though, I don't remember so much bugs in the game

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2007-12-09, 22:41
fat kids hard to kidnap

Send a message via MSN to Motheb
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Though, I don't remember so much bugs in the game
Because it's the best damn game in the whole world
Old 2007-12-09, 22:47
Twinsunian Quetch

bugs not so many ... easter eggs 10000 and we LOVE THEM also, what's wrong with modifiying the scenes a bit now and then ?
Old 2007-12-09, 23:09
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
JSB and ferry ticket bug in LBA2 are very major bugs, at least the ferry ticket one.

For LBA1, I think I haven't played it enough

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-12-09, 23:31
Twinsunian Quetch

I'll try and fix the LBA2 ones too thanks
Old 2007-12-09, 23:51
Magic Ball Master

LBA2 is surely a set of flag in the wrong place. This couldn't be done yet, but it surely be in future

Old 2007-12-10, 06:09
Returning after 5 years!

The LBA 2 Ferry bug can be stopped if the tickets are only sold after the rain storm is over. I don't know if it's possible to change that though.
Old 2007-12-10, 15:08
Magic Ball Master

or if you just delete the area in front of the ferry ,which allows you to use the ticket, on the raining island
remember there are different island for raining and sunshine
Old 2007-12-10, 16:47
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaStorm View Post
The LBA 2 Ferry bug can be stopped if the tickets are only sold after the rain storm is over. I don't know if it's possible to change that though.
This does not avoid the ferry bug completely. When you buy a ticket, then fly to Zeelich and come back, the ferry is gone, but you can still walk to the docks and Twinsen gets onto the ferry when you reveal the ticket. This is fatal, as you're stuck on the island you went to then (Dino-Fly doesn't come with you, there's no way to get another ticket).
Old 2007-12-10, 17:59
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
I wasn't aware of that, cool.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-12-11, 00:30
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
what did you do to fix it then? TBH, I'd just put random barrels everywhere in the way, that would surely fix things.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:31
You what?!

That is what he did.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:38
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
oh
Old 2007-12-11, 04:39
orly?

[QUOTE]as you're stuck on the island you went to then (Dino-Fly doesn't come with you, there's no way to get another ticket).[/QUOTE

a thing to be hated if u ask me
Old 2007-12-11, 08:08
Twinsunian Quetch

yeah, I've added the barrels as in the 95 version also I'll try and see what can be done in LBA2