Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

News Discuss the news posted on the MBN here

Old 2008-12-02, 00:51
Do the evolution.

The LBA Remake made it into the press

It's not big, or flashy or interview-like, nevertheless it made everyone involved(especially me) very proud. The remake made a small appearance in a magazine in the Netherlands, and although no names where provided, the information was a tad inaccurate and the screenshot outdated, it's really nice to know we made some impact.

In this post Bot13 showed us this beauty:

And provided a translation:
If a remake is being developed by a team of volunteers, years of effort need to be put into it in without financial support. Also due to the lack of thankful words of the many fans, the motivation to continue can drop greatly.
So it comes that many remakes are started with good intentions, but get stuck along the way. That's how it went with the remake of Little Big Adventure. A new iteration on the fantastic action-adventure of Frédérick Raynal is highly wanted by the average game fanatic, but unfortunately things like this costs lots of time and creativity. The development of the remake was stopped at the end of 2006.

You can download the last playable demo from here. Since then the game is moving to a different engine.

Last edited by elmuerte; 2008-12-02 at 21:19.
Old 2008-12-03, 01:31
Daria Sharonova

Send a message via ICQ to Bestary
Great! LBA reterned to new life! There are interesting screens, and they consider (than I see) a part of LBA's style and successfully adapted to new tehnologies of game graphic =) Those things that I most want to see in the fird game (and maybe really will see!).
But i so sorry than the project was stopped. I interesting, they really stopped it or maybe will tryind to continue? <=(

Sorry, I don't know, can I post answers here or not. At old news it was forbidden.
Old 2008-12-03, 12:48
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Sad that the news of a projects cancelation gets attention.
Old 2008-12-03, 22:59
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
it's a newspaper article about a fan game which gets the actual attention u know
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-12-04, 14:22
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via MSN to TerenceHill
to bad that LBA remake didn't make it final,

But i was trying to make a sort of fangame of my own,

But now i have got the ideas i know that the game will be ready mabey next year becouse i'm to bizzy with my work and carrier,

that's mabey the same with LBA Remake those guys have made the demo's but now the don't have the time to spend it !

To bad,

And now we all are waiting for LBA 3.

With Friendly regards,

Rino Koek

I'm Making A Better Game Called Yu-Gi-Oh !
Old 2008-12-05, 21:52
First time poster

Still some attention is better than none at all
Old 2008-12-05, 23:35
Do the evolution.

Actually what this might do is to push me (us?) to start doing this again, using a more professional approach.
Old 2008-12-06, 00:01
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
If you wanna do it professional I suggest having your own forum, and before anyone in the team starts to work on it, they could present their idea to other MBNers in order to see their opinion, if the idea can be improved to save time.

Also, afaik your project at the moment only lacks a game engine, no?

And I'm glad to see this got you motivated!

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2008-12-06, 00:21
New efforts! :)

Send a message via MSN to Necdilzor
Talk with Blizzard or Ubisoft . I would like to see this game complete, but the demo NEVER worked on my super computer (You know what I'm talking about, right?), and it almost worked on my new one, now, I have to repair this damn monitor!

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2008-12-06, 01:10
Do the evolution.

LBAWinOwns, asking everyone about my ideas for the game seems not what I want to do. I want it to be what I would imagine the game to be.

Agustin,
did you try the last demo? The link is at the bottom of the first post.
Old 2008-12-06, 01:25
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
LBAWinOwns, asking everyone about my ideas for the game seems not what I want to do. I want it to be what I would imagine the game to be.
Ok, but sometimes, at least for me (and most others), it could be useful to be drawn back to earth.

But you might not need that if you're well disciplined. You know that best yourself, and if you think you'll do best without that sort of feedback, then do that

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2008-12-06, 02:48
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
Actually what this might do is to push me (us?) to start doing this again, using a more professional approach.
Yes! Scratch that itch!
Old 2008-12-06, 11:18
Twinsunian Quetch

well the engine is not the problem ... I don't even know why people thought of that in the first place ... the BIGGEST (99%) part of the problem regarding me is time. Before, all I was doing was mostly nothing, leisure work, program games, have fun, play games, go training, etc. ... heck normal boy. But ever since I've started Uni, my life went DOOOWWWNNNHILLLLL regarding time. And take my words seriously when I say that I barely have time to eat 5-6 meals a week or sleep 10-12 hours (again, per week). Our engine at that time, DarkBasic was very very good for what we needed, coding went excellent on my side, Jasiek could use his MED tool in order to model all things, I could use FragMotion to export them to .MD2, I've already bought a collision system especially for DarkBasic (it's called Nuclear Glory) ... anyway it was the best "equipped" thing we've had in a long time ... the previous Conitec engine was also good but the scripting was a mess (I'm speaking on behalf of me now) and I didn't really like the lack of flexibility it offered ... I mean all u did was use predefined scripts or your own but still, u had tons of limitations ... anyway, all in all, the engine was A-OK except a few undocumented things which were driving me crazy at that time, but since then, that is fixed too thanks to the latest (and HUGE) update of the engine, which has the whole documentation suite rebuilt from scratch
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-12-06, 15:06
Do the evolution.

Yeah but I'd really rather uses Ogre now.
1. It's Free
2. It supports OpenGL

And when we have a working LBA1-like environment we could share it here.
Old 2008-12-06, 16:38
Twinsunian Quetch

lol yeah sure just wanted to clear out the problem
Old 2008-12-07, 06:51
Lemonhead

Very suprised at this news. So if these Netherlands-magazine-editors know about LBA Remake, that means that they are monitoring this site.. which means the LBA community is one little bit bigger than we thought

Anyway, I hope you continue with this project. Too many LBA fangames have died.
The creatures arranged in a line and started to rape Twinsen in his anus, one by one.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
P.S. Forgot to mention that Twinsen's remains were fed to dogs.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
O.K., let's change the execution part. Maybe he was just beaten to death with clubs???
Old 2008-12-07, 22:12
Polly parrot

Jast, indeed, I never thought there would be one day an article about a project...
Old 2008-12-07, 22:23
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jast View Post
Very suprised at this news. So if these Netherlands-magazine-editors know about LBA Remake, that means that they are monitoring this site.. which means the LBA community is one little bit bigger than we thought

Anyway, I hope you continue with this project. Too many LBA fangames have died.
LBA community is always larger than we know. For example when the LittleBigPlanet stuff was just news a lot of people made comments on sides covering LBP news with things like "damn it, I thought it was about LBA".

There are a lot of people who are seriously interested in a new LBA, they are just not part of the MBN.
Old 2008-12-07, 22:46
Magic Ball Master

Possibly the MBN's long lifetime makes us a little bit overestimating our position.
Old 2008-12-07, 22:54
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
LBA community is always larger than we know. For example when the LittleBigPlanet stuff was just news a lot of people made comments on sides covering LBP news with things like "damn it, I thought it was about LBA".

There are a lot of people who are seriously interested in a new LBA, they are just not part of the MBN.

On the contrary, I saw a Youtube video about LBA where a chap said "What the Hell is this? I thought this was LBP."

But indeed, we are bigger than we think.
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}
Old 2008-12-07, 23:01
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino-Fly View Post
On the contrary, I saw a Youtube video about LBA where a chap said "What the Hell is this? I thought this was LBP."
that's after LBP made it big, before that it was LBA all the way
Old 2008-12-07, 23:12
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
DeviantArt as well, lots of random comments under LBA related art ("oh, I remember that game...that was cool", "that game rocked" etc). Theres certainly a heck of a lot more then just us.
Old 2008-12-08, 17:37
Bamboo

Send a message via MSN to Jareth
Indeed, as DarkFlame mentioned the DeviantArt thing, I saw many comments/posts like "Oh, I remember it" etc. And yes, we're definitely bigger hope new people will join MBN
Old 2008-12-08, 19:14
Twinsunian Quetch

yeah, also on youtube
Old 2008-12-08, 21:55
Bamboo

Send a message via MSN to Jareth
Yeah, on YT as well

Tags
lba remake, lba1r, little bigger adventure, press, press release