Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

News Discuss the news posted on the MBN here

Old 2012-12-06, 10:07
Master of Degree

The Prequel Demo is now released

Hello all LBA and Prequel fans.

The time has come to reveal everything and end everything.
As you know, for the last few years we have been working on the LBA Prequel demo, to show you a glimpse of what the full game could become.

The demo is now finished! You can download it from the Download page. This is the good news.

The bad news is that the project is now officially cancelled. Yes, the Prequel will not be made.

You can read more on this on our blog (http://lbaprequel.xesf.net/blog/) or in the thread I have created in the Prequel section of the forums: https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=16549.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2012-12-12, 17:15
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Oh nooo! It sucks that the project was cancelled! It's great! And it's the project I was most looking forward to! It has a lot of potential.
Anyway, congratulations to all of you who participated in this project, it is a great demo. I wish it could be done...
Old 2012-12-13, 07:50
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Great demo!
Congratulations to the team!
Looking forward to this
Old 2012-12-13, 15:07
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2 View Post
Great demo!
Congratulations to the team!
Looking forward to this
In triplicate again? Do you have a particular fascination with the number three, my friend?
Old 2012-12-13, 19:34

No mate! Its just like i don't like to write in one sentence
Old 2012-12-13, 20:06
Madman

Quote:
No mate! Its just like i don't like to write in one sentence
That's hot.
Old 2012-12-16, 23:49
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Mac GOG users

- You can access the game folder the way shown in the first 2 pics
- Download and extract the advanced install
- Copy all the files to the C.harddisk folder
- Rename scene_gog.hqr to SCENE.HQR (delete the existing first)
- Move the files _PREQUEL_CD.CUE and _PREQUEL_CD.BIN to D LBA.cdmedia
- Rename _PREQUEL_CD.CUE to tracks.cue (delete the existing first)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png‎
Views:	281
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	9486   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png‎
Views:	279
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	9487   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png‎
Views:	281
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	9488  
Old 2012-12-17, 08:00

Yeah i am also hot Double j Try me once Lol
Old 2012-12-17, 09:42
<3 MP

Quote:
what exactly are you wanting JJ to try here?

I have heard that he's fond of the occasional man-sicle though
Old 2012-12-17, 16:51
this's longer than allowe

Who would have thought, bot AND gay.
Old 2012-12-17, 17:36
<3 MP

Old 2012-12-18, 14:05
LBA2 Maestro

Send a message via Skype™ to LtDemolition
Quote:
It seems DJ finally got access to those links with glitter and sex.
Old 2012-12-19, 01:36
<3 MP

Where is JJ anyway?
Old 2012-12-19, 05:59
I'm magically delicious!

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Hello, fellow LBA fans! [voice echoes across the Forum]

I want to extend a big, booming Congratulations to Alex and Zink, for their continuous work on this very challenging project, and for finally reaching this awesome benchmark! I know there are other contributors such as Jess (music), Luke (level design), and DJ (script), but Alex and Zink probably make up 99.99% of the man hours which went into this Demo. I assume this by what I saw in the Team forums and the Dev diaries. And, of course, the final results.

As most fan projects go, the story is simple. A nice idea kick-starts a great deal of enthusiasm, which as the years go by, peels away layer by layer until it joins Fan-game Limbo. Team members become distracted with school work, family life, and 9-5 jobs. Sometime we simply lose interest and move on. This is all normal, although still a little sad when we think about how fancy our dream projects could be.

But, a few of those still left in the Team, wrapped up their sleeves and spent two years, working alone to complete this finalized piece of the original idea. It's a great accomplishment and one that shouldn't be overlooked simply because it's a Demo.

I can say that during the few years I spent working with the LBA Prequel Team, it had (in my mind) hands down the best/nicest people I've ever worked with on-line. Yep, we had a few pretty heated debates regarding the direction of the project. But they were mostly civilized and the rest of the time was well spent working on the game.

I'm eager to try out this little gem that Alex, Zink, Jess, Luke, DJ, and others created. (I apologize if I've left out your name. I know a lot more folks were part of the Team.)

I don't know how many Forum members are still around. For those that are, it's been a nice 12 years chatting with you all. And an even nicer 2 years of being a part of LBA Prequel. I'm curious to hear what others think about the Demo.

Congratulations once again on completing the project and good luck with your future ventures!

Last edited by Lightwing; 2012-12-19 at 06:16.
Old 2012-12-21, 13:48

Had to post this

Hi,
I very rarely log in to post, although I do ghost around these forums at least once a week to check up on any significant LBA related events, as well as read up on random threads.

I have to say that after so many years since LBA1 and LBA2 faded from most peoples memories, the devotion shown by some of the members of this forum to keeping the flame alive is commendable.

It's sad that this project has been cancelled but then it's a miracle that it ever came into being in the first place, which is testament to how great those games were (and continue to be). The work involved to get under the covers and understand how LBA ticks in order to tap into it and add new content is staggering and far beyond my comprehension - I guess if it had happened 15 years ago, it would have garnered more support, momentum and there'd be less of those responsibilities knocking about to get in the way But it happened now, so we have to make the best of it and we'll take what we can get to be sure that the work you have done doesn't go to waste.

Whatever the future holds for LBA, you've all played a part in either keeping the spirit alive long past it's best before date, or to take the optimistic approach, in helping LBA find it's way to a modern audience should the Apple/Android Port ever become a reality or the long overdue LBA3 is produced. Don't give up hope - Another great game, Dizzy (Codmasters) got a second shot recently, and that went offline long before LBA did.

I guess we're all a lot older than we were back then, but hey that's what nostalgia is all about!

Keep up the good work and thanks!
Old 2012-12-21, 20:48
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Hello, fellow LBA fans! [voice echoes across the Forum]
So... Lightwing is alive.
https://royrajabally.bandcamp.com/
http://lapichon.deviantart.com/
Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-12-25, 19:04

No i am not gay! I am all straight! So anyways why have they cancelled the prequel?