Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-08-20, 13:07
Life is a path to nowhere

Question I need some opinions, ones that are for the question, not talking about somethin else

1. Where do we go when we die?
2. Are we reincarnated?
3. Are we on certain levels of existence?
4. Is there such thing as a spirit?
5. Which is the right religion?

I like to have your opinuons.

What I think the answers are:
1. To a spiritual realm to plan are next incarnation.
2. If we can believe we are born into a body once, why can't we believe we can be born into twice.
3. I think we are, but my beliefs on this are too strong.
4. I think there is, and there have be many document case of leaving the body whether it be NDE's or OBE's.
5. Theres so many religion out there, who can say there religion is the real one, i reckon it is mass mind control, if you don't do what we say you will burn in hell, remember people who didn't follow the religion in the past, or even today in some countried, were either rideculed or even killed, so they had to follow it just to fit in.
Old 2004-08-20, 15:26
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
1. Nowhere.
2. No.
3. Didn't understand the question.
4. Don't think so.
5. This is the dumbest question I have ever seen.
Old 2004-08-20, 16:30
Le Kuck qui rit

1. The spirit(=>you) just disappears. The body is going under the ground/just gets eaten/gets burned.
2. No.
3. If I understood the question: yes.
4. Yes.
5. Every religion has it good ways.

Btw, why do you want to know this?

Old 2004-08-20, 16:32
Idyllic + whimsical

You may laugh, but I think we're in kind of a limbo, and according to our soul's karma, a new life is chosen for us. The better people we were, the better our next life will be.

2. Are we reincarnated?
Yes, see answer 1.

I'm not sure I get you.

Yeah.

I really liked the way the book "The Da Vinci Code" put it. Religion and its nature are defined by history. And everybody that really knows something about his religion knows that all those magical stories are just metaphores. Moses didn't really open the ocean, Jesus didn't really walk on water. Religion is a tool to give us a reason to be good and to exist. It doesn't matter in what you believe as long as you stay on the good path and don't force others to your religion.
But personally, the religions that make most sense are those that worship a power will all know exist and should thank, also known as mother nature.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2004-08-20, 17:20
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
We go were we expect to go.
Whatever life after death we believe in, we will goto.
It will be mearly like wakeing up from a dream, unto a higher level of reality.
It wont seem "magic" in any way.

Quote:
2. Are we reincarnated?
Not exactly.
I believe we have one contious, everlasting life.
Life after death is an oxymoron.
I think sentience's, life, is a fundimental of the universe and everything else....mater..space...is constructs created by its thoughts and dreams.

The universe is mearly every possiblity, everything we can and cant imagine.
Our life, our expirence is like a line plotting a course though the probabilitys.

When you die,you will get seperated off from where we were , from others around us, but from "your" perspective you would just continue to live.

I recently found out i wasnt alone in this thinking, Scott Adams (Dilbert) believes this, and so does some author that wrote a short story "Seperated by Infinity"
(which described it better then i have)

Quote:
Yes, but i dont think an order can be applied to them.
From our perspextive now dreams are a "lower" reality....but maybe, when your dreaming this reality seems like the dream.

We may well exist in a higher reality, like the matrix, but it certainly wont be machine based. After all, why should the physics and technologys of the "Realer" world be the same as ours?

Quote:
I believe a spirit is mearly our sentience, our consciousness.
Our brains "translate" this reality for our spirit.
Other realitys may need different forms of brains, but the sprit stays the same.

(in terms of the overused but handy matrix example you could say the "sprit" of the people traped in the matrix is mearly their brain in the "real world").

Quote:
They all are.
I believe all possibilitys exist in this universe, therefor all religions must be right.
Old 2004-08-20, 18:15
Sheepie for short

1. Probably nowhere until the Second Coming.
2. No.
3. I don't really get what you mean.
4. Depends what you mean by "spirit".
5. As far as I know the only faith in which God has actually revealed himself properly is Christianity - with Jesus Christ. He lived 2000 years ago, performed miracles, was crucified and rose from the dead - and there is a lot of substantial evidence for all of these things.

And how can all religions be right when they contradict each other?

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2004-08-20, 18:33
Hmm, a smile??

Send a message via ICQ to T@!!&$ Send a message via MSN to T@!!&$
Why are you asking us these questions?

ALL MBN SMILES!

Still love ya guys! =**.
Bye, maybe someday I come back...
"Who is" is alive yet!! Omg
Old 2004-08-20, 22:45
I may LOOK innocent

2. Are we reincarnated?

1. Nowhere. There is nothing after death, just like there was nothing before life. I'm like all living things, I don't want to be "gone". But I'm not gonna give myself hope if there is no proof of an "afterlife".

2. Nope, but it sure proofs how creative people can be.

3. I wouldn't know and I don't want to know.

4. maybe

5. Religion is just a form of hope. And hope cannot be not right.
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2004-08-20, 23:11
master of electronica

I believe in spirits and stuff, because I have read too many testimonials from people experiencing such things to think it isn't true, or there isn't some truth to it. I think after you die, you either spend eternity with God, seperate from him, or your spirit is destroyed. I would probably choose Christianity because Jesus is the most likeable of all the gods of various religions for me, and because he actually walked the Earth.
Or maybe I'm wrong and it's all a load of wank. Who knows?
Old 2004-08-21, 00:14
Life is a path to nowhere

Life force is just an energy.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, it just transforms from one energy to the other.

When you die, your life force just changes form into a different energy.

Scientists already know that energy just turns from one to the other.

For example, a bulb turns electricity into heat and light.
Old 2004-08-21, 00:18
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
I would like to add a question, if you believe there is a spirit, what does it contain?
Obviously not memories, because you can lose them right now. Which makes you think, if you won't remember yourself after death same spirit or not, for you there is nothing after death.
I really wanna believe in afterlife and/or find a way to be immortal. I do not want to die. But nothing make sense, not life as it is, not life with afterlife, nothing.
In conclusion, I believe in afterlife, only because I want to believe in that. And I'll take the easy way and say that you remember what happened before, and I don't remember what happened before I was born only because this is the first time I was born.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2004-08-21, 00:21
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
On the contary...the sprit may contain memorys you dont have during life.
You only have "access" to them during death.

Which brings me neatly to this:

http://www.darkflame.co.uk/BOJ/YouDied.htm
Old 2004-08-21, 00:40
Magic Ball Master

The Force...life creates it...it binds us...makes us grow.
Old 2004-08-21, 01:26
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica

We go to a kind of between part, like a limbo. From there we chose our next life or just go wherever we can go since our current realm is only one of many.
You don't exactly chose what kind of life you'll get, you just chose what form you'll take, what kind of being you'll be. Your soul will be automatically attracted to a body (or an avatar if you want to put it), which is 'compatible' with us.
When we reborn, we might have an altered memmory, but despite that you still know these things because you've known them before, and you can use these things to continue discovering new things.
I'm quite against the idea of karma because I doubt half of the world population have been that bad to live in poverty.
I think that if you've harmed others, you will feel the same harm after you die.

2. Are we reincarnated?

Yeah. I believe reincarnation is a part of the process of experiencing things. Some people might want to know more, others might want to have as much fun. Through experience and living you could put yourself into a certain direction you wish to take, and the way you live affects that direction.

For what purpose we're keen to gain experience is unknown to me.

I believe that the physical body is merely there to exist in this level of existance. It's more a kind of avatar than a body. You are this body and visa versa, thus the body has effect on you and you have effect on the body.

I see the spirit and the soul as two different things. You are the soul, you have your memmories there and your personality. The spirit functions as a translator between the body and the soul. I don't believe that a person in soul form is capeble of understanding emotions like you do while being in a body. You know emotions but you don't know the feeling you have as human at these emotions.

Religions are created because we believe in things and we believe in ways to improve our society. I do not doubt that there is truth in some religions, but I do not believe that a single one is right. I think when you get to the core of all religions, you'll find that they are in essence all the same: Do not do to others what you do not want to be done to yourself (yes, biblical, or should I say rabbical, but it holds truth ). Through that one improves themselves.
Old 2004-08-21, 01:34
Hmm, a smile??

I'm going to answer the question 5 ('cause it was the only I've found a answer to.)
I think the people creates religion to make money and only, there isn't a right religion, every of them are interested only in our money, the most example is the catolic religion(I'm catolic) some years ago, on the medieval age, they were telling that who donate his farm or anything like, would have his own place on the sky when he died; another examples, are the other religions who wants 10% of the people monthly salary.

ALL MBN SMILES!

Still love ya guys! =**.
Old 2004-08-21, 02:01
LBA fan

Underground. Then we get eaten by vermins.

2. Are we reincarnated?

No.

If we exist, then we exist in a level, obviously. Perhaps you mean "are there other levels of existence"? Then no. Well, I don't know. It's irrelevant nevertheless.

Perhaps.

None. They're all wrong and dangerous and I despise them. This does not mean I despise their members.
-

"WTF Medur, you used to be one of the occult advocates in this forum."

Yes. I changed my mind. I believe we're all doomed to exist with no reason to exist, we're all doomed to a pointless effort of living in a disgraceful world, and we just have a hard time dealing with it. I believe every living creature dies alone. I believe there is a God, but I killed him.

"Why...?"

Blame it on Sartre, Camus, Nietszche and others.
Old 2004-08-21, 02:13
master of electronica

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@!!&$
I'm going to answer the question 5 ('cause it was the only I've found a answer to.)
I think the people creates religion to make money and only, there isn't a right religion, every of them are interested only in our money, the most example is the catolic religion(I'm catolic) some years ago, on the medieval age, they were telling that who donate his farm or anything like, would have his own place on the sky when he died; another examples, are the other religions who wants 10% of the people monthly salary.
eerrrr..........Try telling that to Buddah. I think his answer would be more inline with spiritual enlightenment then cash.

TRUE followers of many religions won't be after your cash. I'm sorry, your post is very ill informed. I'm sure the apostles could have found better ways of making money then risking their lives in running persecuted churches, don't you think? Like, perhaps, continuing to be nice, safe, tax collectors and fishermen?

But you're right in one way: people do USE religion to make money. But that was never normally its original intention.
Old 2004-08-21, 10:51
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur
I believe we're all doomed to exist with no reason to exist, we're all doomed to a pointless effort of living in a disgraceful world, and we just have a hard time dealing with it.
I think it's rather amusing that people automatically asume that if you believe in an afterlife, you are afraid to die. I personally really don't care whether there is something after this or not, I considder it to be logical that there is something. Death without anything after that can be pleasant in its ways.
Instead of sitting down and be depressed about how there is no higher reason to exist, you can also get off your ass and make a reason yourself. There are countless of reasons to exist, just don't expect some diety telling you one.
And truly, if life was pointless, why are you still around?

Talles, please look into religions before you claim idiotic things. Why does the current Catholic church ask for money during ceremonies? To keep the churchbuilding in a good condiction. Why does Islam ask 10% of your salery? To help the poor with it (zakat). Buddism is a very individual religion, you don't need to spend anything, just some effort.
Anyone who's trying to make money of your faith for a purpose you don't know (or for socalled "enlightment"), are mostly just frauds.
Old 2004-08-21, 11:37
Wish of eternity...

Send a message via ICQ to Firephoenix

Well Bhish you can just ask yourself whether or not you like the idea of an universe without Truth, without Justice and without Love.

If their is no consolation for those who suffered, no atonement for those who tortured, if their is no Good nor Evil then let's spend our live crushing the others in order not to be crushed. Then Staline and Pol Pott were the most intelligent and sensible person. Then giving your life for others is a bullshit, if in the end we all go to the same nothingness or we just jump to an other pointless life. See, even if it's just an illusion, believing in a possible eternity near God is one of the best ways to have a better world.

I myself prefer believing that life has a sense, that altruism and hope are the most beautiful things existing on earth. And that if Jesus suffered so much for us it's not just for the fun of lying and giving wrong hopes.

You might answer God and Good are just illusions, I'd say it's mostly a matter of faith, even if I personnaly had the unbreakable proof that Jesus is the Lord(-> where all the foot doctors of France failed, He did heal my burning heels in just 1 second).

Concerning the generalized critics on religions, I can only answer for catholicism. Lots of people focuse on its (real or invented) errors, most of the time without trying to know what was the real causes of those choices.
Eg. when the pape throw the first crusade, it wasnt to "kill the bastards of unbelievers", it was just to allow people to reach the Christ's grave in spite of the interdiction of the muslims that had taken the city. But humans are humans, that's why some crusaders attacked christian civilians on their way, others took pleasure killing muslims, and others eventually attacked the christian city Constantinople.
You recognise a tree to its fruits, and myself I think that the millions of christian people that gave of their time and life to help and love others, to educate and heal them (hospitals and schools existed thanks to monks in the past), that recognized in their fellow a human being when everybody around them told it wasnt, all those people widely made up for the rare errors of the Church and proved that religion worked actively for a better world.

PS : what is fun in this thread, is that if people that just believe in emptiness are right, then we'll never recognize it since we'll disappear when dying. Those who believe in reincarnations wont show how true they are as well, since each time we reincarnate we forget past things (else why wouldnt we know precisely remember our older lives ?).
Whereas if I am right, I'll spend my eternity recalling it to you
See, if you have to bet, bet on the best choice

------------

Take a time to visit the Relentless Movie Project page.

Last edited by Firephoenix; 2004-08-21 at 11:43.
Old 2004-08-21, 12:35
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
1. To The halls of waiting in Valinor, and then, somewhere not many know of...

2. Dunno

3. naaah

4. Oh yeah!

5. Valadeli
Old 2004-08-21, 13:19
Hmm, a smile??

Perfect answers Aule!!!

ALL MBN SMILES!

Still love ya guys! =**.
Old 2004-08-21, 17:34
Sheepie for short

Surely you only go to the Halls of Mandos if you're an elf?

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2004-08-21, 17:47
Bass Guitar Kid

The Pope raised an army for himself and to further his own power.

I. The pastry tube of life.
II. Yes.
III. I don't understand the question.
IV. Guess so.
V. None of them. A philosophy such as Objectivism or Existenialism.

(Forgive spelling errors, please)
Old 2004-08-21, 18:31

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica
I think it's rather amusing that people automatically asume that if you believe in an afterlife, you are afraid to die. I personally really don't care whether there is something after this or not, I considder it to be logical that there is something. Death without anything after that can be pleasant in its ways.
Instead of sitting down and be depressed about how there is no higher reason to exist, you can also get off your ass and make a reason yourself. There are countless of reasons to exist, just don't expect some diety telling you one.
And truly, if life was pointless, why are you still around?

Absolutely. Nature gave you the chance to exist, and it didn't do for no reason. Whatever depression period you might be going through, it doesn't mean that life is pointless. In fact, why bother asking WHY we live?

Does a bear or a wolf question why they live and hunt? Why they sleep and survive? No, they do not. They simply live and in a deeper sense, enjoy living. You don't even need a reason for that.
Old 2004-08-21, 19:17
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
1. Where do we go when we die:
I believe to the paradise called "Heaven". If you're good, walk into the light. If you're bad, see you in hell... from the heaven.

2. Are we reincarnated:
My theories goes apart: If we can't remember if we lived twice because we can't take with us some of our memories because they only are in our dead brain cells, then I believe we are reincarnated. Or if we remember but no one tells it, why would we then live in a confusion?

3. Are we on certain levels of existence:
If you mean dimensions, there's always parallel existences.

4. Is there such thing as a spirit:
Who can say? Ask the schamans, priests, anyone. But I believe in divine cultures so how can I tell spirits doesn't exist. Umm... What is a spirit anyway I wonder?

5. Which is the right religion:
I believe only in God. (You know, the bible)
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend